Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-03-2015, 05:43 AM   #1

2010 Octane T26Y or T29A?

We are looking to buy one of these. We are undecided on which one. Any help would be appreciated. Is there anything we need to look for as far as problem areas or water damage to either of these?

Thanks in advance.

We will be towing with a 2015 F250 FX4 gas motor.
Stratos201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 08:00 PM   #2

We have a 2014 T29 that we bought new in 2013. The only problem has been the rear ramp/door bowing out in the middle, creating a big enough opening to stick my hand partially through. It was replaced in Jan this year and so far has been OK. The only thing ever driven up the ramp has been a Harley dresser, nothing over 900#s. My dealer said this is not the first one he's had to replace, so might want o check the fit of the rear ramp closely. Just so you know, the tongue weight with fresh water full, 2 full propane tanks, full generator tank (18 gals), and 2 batteries is right at 1840 #s.
LabMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 09:29 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabMan View Post
We have a 2014 T29 that we bought new in 2013. The only problem has been the rear ramp/door bowing out in the middle, creating a big enough opening to stick my hand partially through. It was replaced in Jan this year and so far has been OK. The only thing ever driven up the ramp has been a Harley dresser, nothing over 900#s.
Interesting, the ramp on my 2015 octane did the same thing - after I drove the dresser up it on one side instead of right down the middle. I'll be getting it looked at as soon as camping season slows down. Like you said, nothing over 900lbs, and the ramp is supposed to be rated at 1500 lbs. After I replace it, I should add more of those rubber bumpers.