Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-20-2015, 08:09 PM   #1

2016 Octane 31B

Does anyone own of these toy haulers and if so, are you happy with it? Also, why does Jayco not have ovens in their Octane line up? I need to get a Polaris Ranger Crew Cab in this, I assume it will fit? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg
gandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 03:05 PM   #2

On ours the microwave is a convection oven as well.

Ross..
Old 08-21-2015, 08:29 PM   #3

We have a 2014 Octane T29A, basically the same trailer, just different bed layout (ours sucks, no walk around-wife hates the bed layout). They both show a 12' area for the garage. We have hauled 2 Harley dressers with lots of room left. Our son has used it to haul his John Deere Gator with the cab while hunting. Don't know the length of your Polaris, but pretty sure it will fit fine.
LabMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 08:42 PM   #4

We got a 2015 T32C back at the end of May. I can't comment on fitting your Polaris in the back, since the garage layout is different. In general, we like the unit.

I've found and fixed a lot of small fit and finish issues. Individually, they aren't worth the time and fuel to take to my dealer, and I'm handy enough and I found them far enough apart (in time) that I didn't want to have to deal with them until I did have enough to be worth taking go the dealer.

We don't have an oven as you've mentioned, but we found we really like the convection oven mode in the microwave, which we find more handy than an oven, admittedly not usable without AC or the generator, unlike an oven. We almost never used the ovens in our last three trailers, preferring to cook outside on the Camp Chef's fry grill or grill box, or in a skillet. However, we have used the convection oven a fair bit so far.
Old 08-27-2015, 12:09 PM   #5

I have a couple questions for you guys. What type of hitch are you using? Do you also use the sway bar control hitch? Also, has anyone added airbags to their suspension to lessen the bouncing of the back end of the tow vehicle? Thank you for any suggestions.

Greg
gandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 01:36 PM   #6

we use a Reese dual cam setup on our rig and it has built in sway control with the torsion bars. That being said I picked it up used and the PO also had a friction sway bar added and I have done a couple runs without it and a couple with it and find that it really does help out, more so in dampening the slight bounce at the rear of the truck.

Ross..