Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-13-2016, 01:26 PM   #1

2016 Seismic 4112..Anyone else have one?

Man, TH forum is D-E-A-D...Anyone else have a 2016 Seismic 4112? If so, What do you think about it? What are you towing it with? What were some of the options you got with it.

Just curious and also wondering why this forum is so dead, especially this time of the year

Jim
B&W RVK 3600 hitch
USAF Viet Nam Vet
NC Hauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 12:05 PM   #2

Anyone towing 44' or so TH's with a GVW of 20K? What are you towing it with? What hitch do you have? What about the 4112 or the 4250? I think all 3 have GVW of 20K. What do you think about the quality of the unit? Any issues?

Just curious to know for my own information..Seeing if I have anything in common with anyone else in this size and weight of TH manufactured by Jayco...At this time, It appears not...
B&W RVK 3600 hitch
USAF Viet Nam Vet
Old 01-18-2016, 08:39 PM   #3

We haven't bought a toyhauler yet. We were interested in the 4250 floorplan until we saw the model and it has no kitchen cabinets or place to put a free standing dinette.
Jayco builds a great rig, just can't find a toyhauler floor plan for us.
Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 01:42 PM   #4

We looked at quite a few, and not just Jayco, but there is only the wife and I ab=nd two boxers, but beds enough in the garage to house children and grand children and love the two full baths. Do understand that you're looking for a particular floor plan, as were we..This is our retirement RV
B&W RVK 3600 hitch
USAF Viet Nam Vet
Old 01-20-2016, 09:48 AM   #5

We bought the 4212,she had to have the side patio. I wold have preferred the 4112 but I lost. Had a lot of issues with Ground Control lippert leveling system. I think the gremlins are now gone. Quality of construction is above others, it is a Jayco. We have used it 2 months straight now as snowbirds. Currently in Quartzite, AZ now. Have done a lot of boondocking. 250 hours on Gennie.

Pull it with a Ford F450 pickup, lots of power and love the engine brake. 19.5 tires and bigger disc brakes. Came with a Reese 26.5 fifth wheel package.

Haul a Oreion Sand Reeper weighing 1600#.
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...albums843.html Check this out.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-34672-3.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 03:59 PM   #6

Hey lobo clone, Thanks for the report out.. I think the 4212 is great looking unit. I have the truck in my sig, 14,000#GVWR, RAWR of 9750 and with the medium duty Aisin tranny and 4.10, GCWR is 37,500#...I have the B&W 3600RVK companion hitch, good to 5K pin weight and 25K 5er.

Haven't towed yet, thus the reason I've been enquiring. Purchased 12 August and had a stroke on 19 August...still re-habilitating..This 5er is our "retirement" unit. I turn 66 in late July and plan on retiring 1 August. Won't be carrying any toys, Got the unit for a little more storage, extra full bath and beds for kids and grandkids when they visit.

Makes me feel better about the unit. I think a lot of Jayco and their 2 yr. warranty speaks volumes for the backing of their product.

I've probably had the longest PDI that one could think of..My 5er has been with the dealer since I purchased it..They've been great to us since I had the stroke. We've visited our unit quite frequently and have had every little thing that was not working..fixed. We had a convection/microwave put in to replace the micro wave, Had a Splendid vented W/D combo put in, slide covers over the bed and living room slide and had Traveler SWM HiDef Direct TV satellite installed on the roof,..We're raring to go, but probably won't do any camping until March. I would have loved to have gotten dual pane windows, but we purchased the unit off the lot and windows were deep tinted, frameless...Had dual pane on last two units but will see how it goes with the regular windows.

Again, thank you so very much for your great report on your 4212..it's greatly appreciated. Maybe we'll see you down the road one day

One question, Mine came with the Westlake tires, Is that the same you have, and if so, how are they working for you?

Jim
B&W RVK 3600 hitch
USAF Viet Nam Vet
Old 01-20-2016, 06:17 PM   #7

We ordered ours with the dual pane and extreme weather pkg. I retired from Camping World in July last year. We were #3 in nation for Jayco sales, drank the cool aid. We opted for the stackable Washer Dyer.

Yes I have the Westlake tires, not happy about it. However no problems so far, have over 8k on them so far. They hold air pressure fine, havnt added any so far.

Going to Alsaka in April this year and am considering changing tires before we go.

As for truck, I frankly being in truck sales for 30 years that a f/w this heavy should have something biigger than a 1 ton in front of it. Thus my decision for the F 450 a year before the Sesimic. The 2016 has an option for disc brakes on the Sesimic and I would have ordered that if available in 2015 model.
The 450 has bigger everything! I go up hill as fast as down hill. Cruise at 62 mph and am getting 9.7 even in my Rockies.

Best of Luck to You
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...albums843.html Check this out.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-34672-3.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 07:43 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Hauler View Post
Anyone towing 44' or so TH's with a GVW of 20K? What are you towing it with? What hitch do you have? What about the 4112 or the 4250? I think all 3 have GVW of 20K. What do you think about the quality of the unit? Any issues?

Just curious to know for my own information..Seeing if I have anything in common with anyone else in this size and weight of TH manufactured by Jayco...At this time, It appears not...
See my sig. I have towed trailers over 20K. I had a Reese WDH with twin cam SC if I remember correctly.
King Bed with Java Interior, (2X) Yamaha EF2000isV2
2012 Ram 4500, 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel, MegaCab = "Hagrid"
8'x12' BMCM Stake Bed, Cabin Chassis, 2WD
360 degree Virtual Tour
Fairenatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 07:58 PM   #9

Hey guys. Just checked the forum for first time in a while. Jim I'll PM you soon. I hope your recovery has been going well. The 4112 has been in indoor storage since Nov 1st. Last year was a lot for us in the RV world. Traded in the 3914 for a 4112. So as such I've stepped away from RV world for a bit. Towing the 4112 with a '14 Ram 3500 DRW. I've been happy so far although, I've looked at some lightly used Freighliner 4dr Ranch Haulers. That's the way to do it however I think my wife would definitely divorce me if I brought one home. I think when it's time to trade in the '14 I'm going to lease a commercial 4500/450 or 550/5500 type chassis with a pickup body.

Loboclone we should PM and catch up as well. Curious to see how your Ground Control improvements were that worked out the bugs. You remember what my 3914 was like. This 4112 seems to be better with some noticeable improvements but I still say it should have the Hydro system but that's just me.

Looking forward to March. She's going in for some items from initial pickup in October when we took drivery. We camped every weekend on one site all October. Of course it was a lot colder than Nov and Dec when it was 60s. We were 40s and 30s but we were happy to have a new great unit without the issues of the last.

Couple more months. Looking forward to it. Considering moving it to FL next Winter (were in New England) instead of indoor storage. I just can't live with paying 12 months of expenses for it and using it for 7-8.

Talk to you guys soon. Happy and Safe travels to those who are lucky enough to still be using it these months.
P25ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 04:22 PM   #10

Thanks everyone for your input..It was great. I too have been towing for over 40 years and 98% of that is in the mountains os NC, VA, TN and WVa...so know what this truck has done on the past with a loaded to 16,300# and a pin weight of 3460#, ( which put me 1200 # under the trucks GVWR.

I did the math, but haven't weighed the 4112 yet. With trucks 14K GVWR weight rating and the 9750# rear axle weight rating, I felt I'd be ok..HP no where near the Ford, 385HP, but 850TQ...Know I will be under RAWR and probably under my trucks GVWR even if loaded 19K, which I doubt will happen, but will know as soon I take it across CAT scales...This truck with 2 stage EB and medium duty tranny slows me very well, and I too use it in cruise.

It will sit on my property in WVa from mid March, 1st of April, through, normally Thanksgiving..then heading south for 3-4 months. At least, thats the plan. Hoping I recover enough from the stroke I had mid August to where I'll be able to tow our TH 255 miles, from mountains of NC to mountains of WV, 255 miles.

thank you again my friends
Jim
B&W RVK 3600 hitch
USAF Viet Nam Vet