Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-07-2018, 11:30 PM   #1

2018 Octane 312

Hello everyone. I'm wondering if people could weigh in on how much one uses their party deck. There is an Octane 312 at a great price from a local dealer but it does not have the party deck. I have heard that the conversion to party deck can't be done properly. Look forward to hearing opinions. Cheers!
pjsteve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 05:45 PM   #2

In my opinion, party decks are over rated and not worth the money. That being said, I enjoyed ours on the first trip out with the trailer. It was cool out and had a great view of nature. A western facing exposure would be less inviting the hotter and muggier it gets.

We only got the party deck because we could not find a trailer without one. When we got it Home, the rails came off and are stuffed away in the attic.

Your opinion may vary if you have kids or dogs that you want contained.
Ugeesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 07:09 AM   #3

I have a party deck on my 3914, i thought i loved it and set it up a few times when i first bought it (Novelty) now its just a pain in my rear end. Always flipping up the rails to move stuff in and out and the pins in the way stopping the door from closing. I would never miss it. Ive never even had that awning out. Just my opinion.
bigd_rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 12:40 PM   #4

Waste of hardware that gets in the way. Took my rails off because they get in the way when loading toys. Never used it even once as a party deck, Why limit yourself to an 8 X 8 space when you can sit under the side awning and have the whole campsite to move around.
Bakedalaskan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
octane