Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-01-2018, 11:26 AM   #21

It will be addressed, just worried about it making it until the trip back to the factory. I'm also following some who has the same trailer and actually took theirs to Lippert and are getting a better repair. Hopefully.
CHV_FRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 04:41 PM   #22

2015 4212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machz17 View Post
4212 and my slideout fell out at a 45* angle while setting up at a race.... the leveling system is horrible it only stabilizes basically you have to level it on blocks first. The first summer was a fight to get my generator to stay running, turned out to be a loose main bus bar which was arcing all summer long and by the time the dealer was able to look at it and fix it it was 8 months later and everything inside was melted and burned up. The following year was the slideout falling out, had to push that in with a skid steer. This year all the little seals in the water system leak... plus still waiting to get things buttoned up from the slideout damage. Also lost the rear axle from a broken leaf spring hanger. 5.25” leaf spring hangers welded onto a piece of square tubing smaller than the with of the hanger on a tri axle weighing 20k lbs isn’t the best design. Now looking for a fix so that doesn’t happen again. Probably going to have to weld gussets on all the hangers to box them in up top better. This trailer is awesome looking but just absolutely junk. Every time we go somewhere with it, it breaks. Not a happy camper with my choice. Wishing a went with a fusion or I’m starting to look into luxe campers.
my 2015 4212 is total junk!!
kenleach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 12:33 PM   #23

I will be the voice of the other side. 2017 4114, minor problems fixed or being fixed under warranty. Absolutely love mine. Leveling issues, yes. But I was the problem, not the system. Cranial Anal Inversion kept me from operating it correctly. And as far as the pins go, the dealer warned my up front during walk thru that the failures they are seeing (front legs collapsing) are due to pins not fully engaged. But I will be going one step further and getting the 5/8 inch pins to replace. Just a good, smart upgrade. I tried to find out what Jayco's total sales vs. Warranty issues, but could not find those numbers. I suspect that the vast majority of rigs hit the public with no problems. We seem to be the "silent majority".
asahoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 04:49 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by asahoffman View Post
I will be the voice of the other side. 2017 4114, minor problems fixed or being fixed under warranty. Absolutely love mine. Leveling issues, yes. But I was the problem, not the system. Cranial Anal Inversion kept me from operating it correctly. And as far as the pins go, the dealer warned my up front during walk thru that the failures they are seeing (front legs collapsing) are due to pins not fully engaged. But I will be going one step further and getting the 5/8 inch pins to replace. Just a good, smart upgrade. I tried to find out what Jayco's total sales vs. Warranty issues, but could not find those numbers. I suspect that the vast majority of rigs hit the public with no problems. We seem to be the "silent majority".
Well, mine seems to have enough major issues for at least three 'normal' sales made, maybe more... The punch list of 'major/safety' items was 6, 45-ish total issues identified. Used for two whole days....
atlantaM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 05:57 PM   #25

Quote:
I am thrilled someone is happy with a Sesimic. Having retired from RV Sales I keep in touch with my old dealership. Service dept still says the Sesimic is full of issues. The Talon also. My I ask how you use your Sesimic? Hauling toys, boondocking, or forest roads? Always curious on how they are used vs our use.
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...albums843.html Check this out.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-34672-3.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 06:07 PM   #26

My issues on a 4113

I have had the following issues.

Missing from the purchase
- Conduction Microwave
- 3 season room door
- Mess screens from the RV to the patio systems ( kids can fall though)
- TV remote

Other issues
- Led lights on control panel fell out
- Full bathroom - Black flush installed backwards or blocked
- Toilet soil pipe dripping in belly compartment
Awning pulling away from the camper, you can see where someone tried to fix it
Awning Led lights falling off
Generator will not hold a prime or run
Dish washer shifted in the cabinet
Battery will not hold a charge for more than 6 hrs ( with inverter off)
Bedroom slide not sealed.

I fixed the "new Shower" issues. They did not seal it, water ran all over the floor. The shelf allows water run out and on the floor, Still looking for a fix on this one .

All minor, goes in next week for it all.

Over all we are happy so far after 1 trip, lol
2015 Pinnacle 36 KPTS (traded)
2011 Superlite 298RES (traded)
Cfd225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 08:55 AM   #27

Quote:
Could you post a link when you find those?
Old 08-17-2018, 08:59 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfd225 View Post
I have had the following issues.

- Conduction Microwave
-- Black flush installed backwards or blocked

Over all we are happy so far after 1 trip, lol
Still working on these too. Do you know where the checks are installed?
Old 08-17-2018, 10:13 AM   #29

This is Jayco we have 2016 Eagle 321 RSTS and just finish are final warranty 2 years 11 months into ownership!Potential owners of Jayco's need to be aware of this! In my opinion Thanks
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 07:51 AM   #30

Under the belly by the tank. I pick it back up tomorrow from it's repairs. We shall see. The Conduction Microwave and 3 season wall are not in yet.
2015 Pinnacle 36 KPTS (traded)
2011 Superlite 298RES (traded)
Cfd225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 12:59 PM   #31

I am primarily on blacktop/concrete roads. The DW likes to "glamp" LOL. I usually only carry my toy (2011 Massimo MSU-700 crew cab) to and from the deer lease (done it once). Those roads are dirt but usually maintained ok. I will creep down the 2.5 miles off the blacktop at 5-10 mph just to make sure all arrives in one piece. There we do boondock/dry camp. This will be my first season with the trailer, so i am looking forward to the upgrade over my last. It used to be 2 trailers and three trips to get all my equipment to the camp. Now all in one!!
Old 08-27-2018, 01:00 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHV_FRK View Post
Not sure I will ever find those. And I don't know if Jayco would release them.
Old 08-28-2018, 07:43 AM   #33

Quote:
Not sure I will ever find those. And I don't know if Jayco would release them.
If it's like my Designer they go straight up 5-6' then back down and over to the tank. There the thought was even if the check failed, the vertical pipe would also keep backflow in check.

This thought process is the only reason I can think of that the black tank connection is in FRONT of the rear axles for the black tank for the rear bathroom???? It's by the control panel and cabinet at the entry door. That would allow it a space to go up. Also a great place to leak! Right above the furnace and electrical panel.
Old 09-20-2018, 03:42 AM   #34

We have a 2017 Seismic 4113 and also found the back flow preventer was hooked up backwards. Our unit has been a nightmare since new and I have been doing almost all repairs myself because our dealer is not much help here. This is a partial list of some of the problems.
Atwood furnace keeps cutting out of cycle
Leaky Aqua Magic 2 toilet on water inlet collar
Doors falling off and doors that don't latch
Large slide out roller guards gouging out floor causing slide out to jam
Lights with wiring not hooked up
Arcing electrical outlet beside Nautilus P1 water valve control
Igniter on stove not always working
12 volt water pump keeps running and won't shut off, no water pressure
TV falling off mount
Black/Grey water tank outlets pointed too low, can't use septic tote or blue boy
Norcold fridge won't cool down enough, food spoils
Plumbing leaks, many of these
Outside shower doesn't work
Screw heads popping off on exterior panels
Thanks to all those that post on this forum I have been able to gather much information to help me with my repairs and modifications. If this were left to the dealer then my unit would be in the shop most of the time. We did have two service appointments of which nothing was repaired or accomplished and just wasted our time. In fact they even damaged some items that I later had to repair because the parts just never came in. Of course this was all at my own expense. If this wasn't enough, during our orientation of the new unit they accidentally lowered the trailer on my brand new 2017 Dodge Ram 3500 dually Limited while detached and ripped the nose cone on the trailer. My truck sustained very minimal damage but Seismic nose cone didn't fair so well. Guy doing the orientation blamed the failure on a circuit board for the levelling system. I have my doubts but lets just leave it at that. We like the layout of the trailer and it tows well. Now that I have completed most of these repairs we are hoping to finally start enjoying it. It's been a rather unpleasant experience with all these quality issues. Best of luck to all those that own one of these!
Jethro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 07:44 AM   #35

backflow preventers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmayox0 View Post
We bought a 2018 4113 in April, have used it 5 times now and already have a love/hate relationship with this unit. This is our fifth 5th wheel and I've come to realize they are all built with absolutely no thought of quality craftmanship. Is it lost in America now??? That said, I do love the features of this rig, but there were more stupid things to fix than I've ever seen. I've fixed them all myself because 1. I can, 2. I don't want to leave the RV in the shop all summer long waiting for warranty approvals etc. here's a few things I've fixed so far:
1. One of the electric recliners in the couch didn't work. Turned out to be the AC outlet was not completely wired, Hot wire was attached but Neutral wasn't
2. Both backflow preventers in the blank tank flush were installed backwards
3. Battery interconnect cables were very loose, never tightened
4. Fuel level switch for gen fuel and Toy fuel was wired backwards

5. Gray Tank and Black tank valve handles were labeled backwards (This one really pissed me off)

I would love more information on these backflow preventers as I believe mine are backwards also. Not sure where they are located, any help would surly be appreciated. They also mislabeled my handles, and plenty more. Thanks!

Roland
i_am.energy@yahoo.com
ratalerico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 10:12 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
We have a 2017 Seismic 4113

Large slide out roller guards gouging out floor causing slide out to jam

Screw heads popping off on exterior panels

Ours in for warranty on the large slide out, where the rollers appeared to be tearing up the darco and and breaking up the the flooring. After being evaluated by the dealer it was found that the lower slide flange is loose allowing water to flow under the fridge and rotting out the floor (common Jayco problem according to dealer). We have had about 50 different issues under warranty not counting some that I have taken care of myself. Most of the major issues are documented on previous posts on this forum.
Old 11-02-2019, 07:52 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHV_FRK View Post
On my 4113 one is next to the shower water valve, get to it under the kitchen cabinet just to the right of the stove. (Look for a panel) The other one is located pretty close to the main circuit panel, you get to it by the lower kitchen cabinet to the left of the sink. There is a ghost panel in front of it you will have to remove.

Good Luck
jlmayox0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 12:58 PM   #38

Seismic 4113 questions

We have a 2019 Seismic 4113 purchased new April 2019, as of today we still have over 30 issues to fixed most of which was reported during the initial walk through at Camping World.

One major safety issue I would like to report is the outdoor kitchen. We have the outdoor kitchen box that connect to the back of the 5th wheel using a latch assembly to hold it in place. The first trip we took the kitchen came off and swung into the left hand lane on a major highway at 65 MPH. This happened four times while driving at high rates of speed. We reported to Camping World and Jayco that is is a serious safety liability issue, neither has provided any type of adequate response on recalling or fixing the issue. I fixed the issue by clamping a safety pin inside the kitchen latch. This fix at least provides us peace of mind while driving down the road.

Question one - Can anyone let me know where the back bathroom black tank power flush is located? There is one for main bathroom in the water control panel that also has the black tank back flow preventer installed backwards.

Question two - The main bathroom toilet is called number one, because all you can do is number one in it without any toilet paper. The configuration of the toilet drain pipes has a bend to the black tank and it constantly clogs up and the tank is empty. I can run hot water down the toilet and it will clog up to the toilet seat with the black tank drain valve open and nothing draining out of it. The manual says ensure you add 15 seconds of water after every flush and we do, but still clogs. Does anyone have this issue and if so how did you fix it?

Greatly appreciate any help with my questions and please secure your outdoor kitchens so no one gets hurt.

Best to all!
tandltiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 02:56 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by tandltiki View Post
We have a 2019 Seismic 4113 purchased new April 2019, as of today we still have over 30 issues to fixed most of which was reported during the initial walk through at Camping World.

One major safety issue I would like to report is the outdoor kitchen. We have the outdoor kitchen box that connect to the back of the 5th wheel using a latch assembly to hold it in place. The first trip we took the kitchen came off and swung into the left hand lane on a major highway at 65 MPH. This happened four times while driving at high rates of speed. We reported to Camping World and Jayco that is is a serious safety liability issue, neither has provided any type of adequate response on recalling or fixing the issue. I fixed the issue by clamping a safety pin inside the kitchen latch. This fix at least provides us peace of mind while driving down the road.

Question one - Can anyone let me know where the back bathroom black tank power flush is located? There is one for main bathroom in the water control panel that also has the black tank back flow preventer installed backwards.

Question two - The main bathroom toilet is called number one, because all you can do is number one in it without any toilet paper. The configuration of the toilet drain pipes has a bend to the black tank and it constantly clogs up and the tank is empty. I can run hot water down the toilet and it will clog up to the toilet seat with the black tank drain valve open and nothing draining out of it. The manual says ensure you add 15 seconds of water after every flush and we do, but still clogs. Does anyone have this issue and if so how did you fix it?

Greatly appreciate any help with my questions and please secure your outdoor kitchens so no one gets hurt.

Best to all!

Ours came unlatched a couple of times but the hitch pin next to the hinge prevented from swinging all the way out. (There should be a round flange attached to he hinge mount with four holes in it that is mounted to the RV). It did bend the pin and I had to replace it. I also made an adjustment to the latch (I don't remember exactly what I did now) and it never unlatched going down the road again. I have since removed the outdoor kitchen since we never used it. Figured I could use the extra couple hundred pounds for other cargo and not have to worry about swinging it out of the way when loading and unloading the MC.

On our unit, the back bathroom flush is mounted on the DS right next to the front door. Should be a black hose connection similar to the one in the control panel.

As for the toilet, I can't help you there. That is one thing we have not had a problem with yet.
Old 06-25-2020, 06:00 PM   #40

Thanks for your response. The outdoor kitchen does have the round flange and pin, but it pops out very easily and I'm on my fourth pin due to bending. As for the back black tank flush. I have the black hose connection, but it looks like it is for the gray tank since it is next to the kitchen area and a considerable distance from the back black tank. Also, both flush valves have the back flow preventer reversed, when I remove the hose from them a good amount water spills back out.

This is our third RV, and enjoy the layout, but it comes considerable amount of poor craftsmanship and manufacturing defects.

Thanks
tandltiki is offline   Reply With Quote