Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-10-2018, 09:40 AM   #1

2018 Seismic 4113

We are in love with this unit after looking at Raptors, Fuzions, Talons, and Cyclones. It has everything we want. I have done a search on here for the 4113 and just wanted to see everyone's current thoughts on it. Holding up well? After you got through that first batch of problems has it been doing ok? This will be our 3rd camper and so far we have had good luck with only minor problems on what we have owned. Thank you!
graphix8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 10:14 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by graphix8 View Post
We are in love with this unit after looking at Raptors, Fuzions, Talons, and Cyclones. It has everything we want. I have done a search on here for the 4113 and just wanted to see everyone's current thoughts on it. Holding up well? After you got through that first batch of problems has it been doing ok? This will be our 3rd camper and so far we have had good luck with only minor problems on what we have owned. Thank you!
We have 3 year old Seismic 4212, Since you have looked at all the major toyhauler brands something should be a glaring difference. The talon and seismic are Lippert Ground Control 3.0 leveling system. It has been pure hell for most everybody . Jayco is the only manufacturer to use electric leveling, notice everyone else uses hydraulics.
I suggest you research this site for leveling pin failures, out of stroke errors and how many times the leveling system was repaired under warranty.
Also review the slide issues, ours actually fell out in the dealer shop. The motors were replaced with 500:1 vs the 300:1.
We now have cracking fiberglass at bedroom slide, the leveling system front legs have now failed for the 4 th time and lots of other issues.

Good Luck to you.
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...albums843.html Check this out.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-34672-3.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 10:25 AM   #3

Members speak of front pin failures, causing the front end to collapse. That's freaky dangerous!
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 10:34 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
Members speak of front pin failures, causing the front end to collapse. That's freaky dangerous!
Seismic are way to heavy for this electric leveling system. Is it any wonder why all the manufacturers but Jayco use hydraulics vs this POS Lippert system?
Attached Thumbnails
20150726_224703819_iOS.jpg   20150721_203258395_iOS.jpg  
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
Old 07-10-2018, 05:06 PM   #5

Open Range still uses electric leveling too. However they are not quite this heavy. Most the hydraulics are also lippert and they have their own problems too. Lippert in general just sucks. Unfortunately their products are used to make so much of every rig.
graphix8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 09:53 AM   #6

4212 and my slideout fell out at a 45* angle while setting up at a race.... the leveling system is horrible it only stabilizes basically you have to level it on blocks first. The first summer was a fight to get my generator to stay running, turned out to be a loose main bus bar which was arcing all summer long and by the time the dealer was able to look at it and fix it it was 8 months later and everything inside was melted and burned up. The following year was the slideout falling out, had to push that in with a skid steer. This year all the little seals in the water system leak... plus still waiting to get things buttoned up from the slideout damage. Also lost the rear axle from a broken leaf spring hanger. 5.25” leaf spring hangers welded onto a piece of square tubing smaller than the with of the hanger on a tri axle weighing 20k lbs isn’t the best design. Now looking for a fix so that doesn’t happen again. Probably going to have to weld gussets on all the hangers to box them in up top better. This trailer is awesome looking but just absolutely junk. Every time we go somewhere with it, it breaks. Not a happy camper with my choice. Wishing a went with a fusion or I’m starting to look into luxe campers.
Machz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 08:53 PM   #7

We've got a 4114 since labor day last year. Roughly 7500 miles on it. We've had a few small warranty issues but no major problems as of yet. I've found the leveler to be no worse than on our previous 5th wheel. If it's over 1.5 degrees out side to side, throw a 2x12 under the wheels (typically under 2 of 3 is enough). The key it's to extend the jack legs with the pins after that. I am using extra pins in the front jacks to be safe though I believe pins breaking starts when they aren't fully engaged once or twice. The problem is, you don't know how many times they weren't engaged by the dealer before you bought it or when it is in for Warranty work. As with any camper, original build quality is important, and after that it's your relationship that you're willing to build with your partner dealer.

Camping nights: 2019 - Too many to count, 2020 - 3
BeachRetreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 08:23 PM   #8

We bought a 2018 4113 in April, have used it 5 times now and already have a love/hate relationship with this unit. This is our fifth 5th wheel and I've come to realize they are all built with absolutely no thought of quality craftmanship. Is it lost in America now??? That said, I do love the features of this rig, but there were more stupid things to fix than I've ever seen. I've fixed them all myself because 1. I can, 2. I don't want to leave the RV in the shop all summer long waiting for warranty approvals etc. here's a few things I've fixed so far:
1. One of the electric recliners in the couch didn't work. Turned out to be the AC outlet was not completely wired, Hot wire was attached but Neutral wasn't
2. Both backflow preventers in the blank tank flush were installed backwards
3. Battery interconnect cables were very loose, never tightened
4. Fuel level switch for gen fuel and Toy fuel was wired backwards

5. Gray Tank and Black tank valve handles were labeled backwards (This one really pissed me off)
jlmayox0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 04:14 AM   #9
Site Team

I have had 3 fifth wheels and the valve pulls were not clear on any of them.

It only takes once to figure it out and mark them as you found out! Same inside on the monitor panel. #1 and #2 don't mean much when you have 2 grey tanks.

Same with light switches. A good label maker is a great asset.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 09:20 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
I have had 3 fifth wheels and the valve pulls were not clear on any of them.

It only takes once to figure it out and mark them as you found out! Same inside on the monitor panel. #1 and #2 don't mean much when you have 2 grey tanks.

Same with light switches. A good label maker is a great asset.
That’s the only thing they did right on our unit.
Old 07-20-2018, 09:22 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmayox0 View Post
We bought a 2018 4113 in April, have used it 5 times now and already have a love/hate relationship with this unit. This is our fifth 5th wheel and I've come to realize they are all built with absolutely no thought of quality craftmanship. Is it lost in America now??? That said, I do love the features of this rig, but there were more stupid things to fix than I've ever seen. I've fixed them all myself because 1. I can, 2. I don't want to leave the RV in the shop all summer long waiting for warranty approvals etc. here's a few things I've fixed so far:
1. One of the electric recliners in the couch didn't work. Turned out to be the AC outlet was not completely wired, Hot wire was attached but Neutral wasn't

5. Gray Tank and Black tank valve handles were labeled backwards (This one really pissed me off)
Wait for the slide and leveling issues to start.
Old 07-21-2018, 08:39 PM   #12

Siesmic Leveling Pin

My solution to sheared underated PINs.

These are 5/8 inch diameter and not 3/8 as were the originals. Also removed spring loaded mechanism. You have to manually place the keeper... guaranteeing the pin is actually all the way through the jack stand.

3/8 is still used in the foot pad. They simply hold the foot pad to the jack, and bear no weight.
Attached Thumbnails
82209B14-C142-4A4E-B767-263370A122D3.jpg   1EB3E417-2A97-456A-8F82-CC92FE2C2E28.jpg   E17894D3-26C0-4913-8A7F-CB5C4E5DD849.jpg  
EdBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 10:38 PM   #13

Quote:

Wow....I have a 4113 and 1...2...4..and 5 also on mine. My recliners only work for about 30 min then freeze up. Also having trouble with suspension components. Main slide quit and waited months for new wiring harness. Etc etc
flynmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 03:48 PM   #14

interesting. ours has all these issues and more. This thing is BY FAR the worst purchase we have ever made...
atlantaM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 03:49 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdBob View Post
My solution to sheared underated PINs.

These are 5/8 inch diameter and not 3/8 as were the originals. Also removed spring loaded mechanism. You have to manually place the keeper... guaranteeing the pin is actually all the way through the jack stand.

3/8 is still used in the foot pad. They simply hold the foot pad to the jack, and bear no weight.
Where did you get the pins?
atlantaM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 08:54 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaM3 View Post
Where did you get the pins?

You should be able to get them and a farm and home or tractor supply store and have a selection.

I'll have to look, or maybe he can answer. Did you have to open up the holes on all the legs to get it to fit?
CHV_FRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 09:22 AM   #17

Quote:

Same boat here.

1.Have the recliners freeze up. (thanks for the wiring tip)

2.Not sure on the black tank flush backflows, but doesn't next to the breaker panel seem like a bad idea???

3. On this one are you just talking about the connections to the batteries or somewhere else?

4. Seems mine is actually working correctly once I figured out you had to run the rear pump. Since I probably wont have fuel in there for a while I want to disconnect it and see if the gauge still works.

5. Same damn thing here. And which are what in the back?

-There's also a plate over the rear wheels to prevent the tires from rubbing the bottom (obvious the suspension is too high). mine is proud to the right so the left side tore the vapor barrier. Need to come up with a fix. There's also a really long screw hanging out!
-Floor creeks everywhere. Front door to bedroom wont latch in the frame and won't stay in the holder during transport.
-Have a screw up through the linoleum in the main area.
-Shelves are super cheap. Need to build new structure.
-Side patio retains water when closed.
-Rear stereo wired wrong and some speakers don't work.
-Main Door the door doesn't close without being forced. It is also so low that it has broken the strut and damaged the door frame.
-Fixed some wiring up in the shut off panel where it had just fallen out of the crimps.
-Jack bed limit switches shot craps.
-And many other smaller issues.

Have a few questions on those with the 4113.

-What sinks go to what tanks? Does the front shower, sink, kitchen sink/dishwasher really all go to one tank? And only the rear sink goes to a single grey tank?
-Does anyone know where the inverter is? Is it combined with the coverter/power supply?
Old 07-31-2018, 02:06 PM   #18

And folks keep buying them?
Attached Thumbnails
Dunes1-1-2004.jpg  
Old 08-01-2018, 07:53 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
And folks keep buying them?
These are pretty much industry-wide issues at this point. When you get to this complex of a unit it seems some of the details get lost They only REAL issue I foresee is the slide. The rest appear to be minor fixes other than the issues created by the dealer work.

I have noticed that some the issues are being taken care of as model years progress. You just stop seeing certain complaints. I still really enjoyed our first trip. The overall use of the camper was great.
Old 08-01-2018, 11:07 AM   #20

The slide seems about as major as you can get.Once that puppy is out of warranty. There are probably many who could not afford to repair! Then what let them go back to the bank.To bad there is no government watch dog agency for the RV Industry.Al lot of this crap would stop real fast.
Attached Thumbnails
100_0357.1584.jpg