Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-20-2017, 05:36 PM   #1

2018 Seismic 4212 questions

Good afternoon, looking for any/all info I can get prior to my Seismic being delivered to me in SoCal, in mid November. This is my first rig and I'm hoping to glean any lessons learned prior to learning them the hard way. I will be a full timer in it, and so even the most basic thoughts/ideas are lost on me at this point. One question right off the bat is, are there any recommended routes/providers for insurance? Also what should some of my first purchases be, before this thing gets here? I appreciate everyone's time very much!
Jdmcla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 06:39 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdmcla View Post
Good afternoon, looking for any/all info I can get prior to my Seismic being delivered to me in SoCal, in mid November. This is my first rig and I'm hoping to glean any lessons learned prior to learning them the hard way. I will be a full timer in it, and so even the most basic thoughts/ideas are lost on me at this point. One question right off the bat is, are there any recommended routes/providers for insurance? Also what should some of my first purchases be, before this thing gets here? I appreciate everyone's time very much!
Welcome! If this is your first rig I would find on of the threads in here that lists mist have rv gear. At the bear minimum a quality set of sewer hoses that can connect to all ports. I have a 355w and bought a y pipe and additional hoses to be able to dump all tanks at once. I would also look into electrical protection since you'll be plugged in all the time.

Lastly, learn the rigs systems inside and and out. I found hands on exploring worked best for me as the manual that comes with these things isn't that great in my opinion.

2017 Siesmic Wave 355w towed by 2015 Ram 3500
apgambino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 07:40 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by apgambino View Post
Welcome! If this is your first rig I would find on of the threads in here that lists mist have rv gear. At the bear minimum a quality set of sewer hoses that can connect to all ports. I have a 355w and bought a y pipe and additional hoses to be able to dump all tanks at once. I would also look into electrical protection since you'll be plugged in all the time.

Lastly, learn the rigs systems inside and and out. I found hands on exploring worked best for me as the manual that comes with these things isn't that great in my opinion.

2017 Siesmic Wave 355w towed by 2015 Ram 3500
Excellent! I appreciate the input very much! So because I'm that dense, do you literally Google Travel Trailer sewer hoses and accessories?..something like that?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-2017, 08:36 PM   #4

Google "what you'll need to RV for the first time" and you will get a good list of things you should have. Bear in mind, some things may come with it but most will not. Then check out campingworld.com or easternmarine.com (they have camping supplies also). There may be cheaper places to buy but, both have a good supply of the basics that you can check out online. I have a 2017 Seismic 4113 and about the only needed accessory that came with it was the shore power cord. You will most likely need to buy sewer hoses and adapters (as previously mentioned), water hoses, pressure regulator, surge protector and most likely some sort of leveling blocks. Like apgambino posted, search and read the threads here and you can also find good information on Pintrest.
Best of luck with you camping adventures and have fun.
theracqueteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 08:45 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by theracqueteer View Post
Google "what you'll need to RV for the first time" and you will get a good list of things you should have. Bear in mind, some things may come with it but most will not. Then check out campingworld.com or easternmarine.com (they have camping supplies also). There may be cheaper places to buy but, both have a good supply of the basics that you can check out online. I have a 2017 Seismic 4113 and about the only needed accessory that came with it was the shore power cord. You will most likely need to buy sewer hoses and adapters (as previously mentioned), water hoses, pressure regulator, surge protector and most likely some sort of leveling blocks. Like apgambino posted, search and read the threads here and you can also find good information on Pintrest.
Best of luck with you camping adventures and have fun.
Outstanding!! I appreciate that so much!

Old 10-20-2017, 09:41 PM   #6

Since this is your first rig, you have lots to learn in the next few weeks. One VERY important step in owning a new rig is the PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection). You will find lots of info under the 'stickies' in the 'General RV Chat' topic, including pages of things to check during your PDI.

During the PDI, you and the dealer will go over everything in your new RV. You will need to be sure everything works. Unfortunately, dealers often rush you through the PDI and with all the things being checked, it can be overwhelming. But, when you get the trailer home or when camping, that is not a good time to find out that some things don't work!

Another tip is to stick close to the dealer for your first overnight. Ask if your dealer has a place for this at the dealership.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 09:55 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanAZ View Post
Since this is your first rig, you have lots to learn in the next few weeks. One VERY important step in owning a new rig is the PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection). You will find lots of info under the 'stickies' in the 'General RV Chat' topic, including pages of things to check during your PDI.

During the PDI, you and the dealer will go over everything in your new RV. You will need to be sure everything works. Unfortunately, dealers often rush you through the PDI and with all the things being checked, it can be overwhelming. But, when you get the trailer home or when camping, that is not a good time to find out that some things don't work!

Another tip is to stick close to the dealer for your first overnight. Ask if your dealer has a place for this at the dealership.
Smh...already screwed up then. I bought the rig when I was home for my dad's birthday (Des Moines, IA), and did the PDI just before I flew back out to Camp Pendleton which is where the toy hauler will be delivered. I'm probably already on strike 6 by now, soooo...you're right, lots to absorb between now and when this thing shows up.