Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-01-2019, 07:57 PM   #1

2018 Talon 313T Problems

So I just got back from our first real RV trip. 9 days 1600 miles of pure fun. We traveled from Idaho to Pirates Cove Resort near Needles California. Along the way, we stopped off at mom and dads to pick them and their UTV up. So fast forward to the last day...Cleaning and washing... vacuuming and all the things that suck(IMO) The wife and I sat down and noted all the things that didn't work. I'm not mad about it just thought I would post it up here for some to see what all went on with a newer model from Jayco. Heres the list we have. The change over valve for the propane tanks is not working. (I had to manually swap the tanks from side to side. I checked the lines to make sure they were connected and not kinked. Also made sure the valves were on.
The black tank flush unit will not flush anything. I think they installed the check valve under the sink wrong. I could hear air hissing from the fitting folowed by water slowly dripping from it.
The wife said she has seen a crack in the siding when the upper part makes the bend to the lower part by the truck bed. (I will need to go look at that one)
The step light was missing its cover at delivery *they said they would order it and call when it comes in... never happened so nows there chance.
The trim around the main entrance door was nailed into the aluminum I think. The nails didn't retain the molding so it's flapping.
The screen on the rear that pulls down wasn't put together and the mesh wasn't attached to the framing on one side.
There are a few other lights and switches that are not working.
The gray tank pull handle disappeared also.

I got an appointment set so we will see what all happens.
PistonSlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 09:11 PM   #2

Ur list sounds a lot like my first list, and now the second. My rear black tank flush didnt work either, but they fixed that. Our rear grey tank handle feel off on the last trip too. I just noticed our understep light cover has fallen off too. I just found out propane tanks auto switch myself. Did u have the little selector pointed down? Both tanks need to be open with that switch pointing down. Although I may never use that cause I like to know, for sure, when one is empty so i can start looking to refill. We also had to have radio replaced, wouldn't tune a channel, that's fixed. We had a small corner of trim fall off, they got that fixed. I also noticed one of my rear marker lights is different than all the rest. I'll have them order another so they all match. Next time in they will have to fix awning light strip, its crooked or not straight. rear door needed adjusting. Hard to close. That took them 2 tries. First time out my rear tank discharge pipe fell off when i tried to dump. Dumping into underbelly. that was fixed. Our fresh water drained super slow, they found and fixed a kinked line. Rear toilet was loose, not leaking, they tightened. Piece of trim came loose next to couch, fixed. I schedule to drop off on a Saturday and pick up the next. I've had no issues going this route with camping world. I just make a list of things on my phone as I find them. I just picked up Saturday afternoon and was out tinkering yesterday and already have a new list. Most things I would fix myself if it wasnt as easy as it's been so far.
Brooksb is offline   Reply With Quote