Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-08-2019, 01:23 PM   #1

2019 Talon Owners Sound Off

Any other 2019 Talon owners out there?

Just looking to compare issues and items that are breaking, etc.

We have a pretty good list. Most we are just putting on the list for repair at the end of the year.

Some, like slide stuck and generator exhaust falling off, we are trying to get repaired ASAP.

We have had the unit about 6 or 7 weeks and it has spent 4 or 5 weeks in the shop.

At first we didn't see much of an issue with the leveling system either but we have found the same issues where if the trailer isn't close to level to start, it has issues trying to level out.

It can take a good bit of fiddling with the WiFi app for leveling to get it to level. You also have to make sure you have leveling bricks or the like too as it doesn't want to extend very far to accomplish the leveling.

Screws sticking up through the floor, staples under the slide tearing up the floor, drawers not mounted level, trim falling off, seam tape falling off, blah, blah, blah. These are the things that will have to wait until later.

Also finding that the fuel station has the same issue as our Octane 273. The issue being the hose would cause the gas that was in it to go bad. We had the hose replaced on our 273 under warranty and it fixed the issue. I guess we will have to do the same on this one.

Anyway.... Anyone else?
Octane2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 07:53 PM   #2

We have an 2018 413t. So far so good I guess. I drop ours off, with appointment, every fee weeks for no more than a week. Will be taking in this Saturday for the issues approved from last visit. I wont let them keep it longer. If its moveable i come get it. But all our issues have been minor.
-rear black and grey tank discharge fell off
-trim loose
-grafics have a bubble
-radio didnt tune stations
-screws under floor
-rear window wouldn't lock
-and many more things
I make notes on my phone and go throu list each time i bring it in. Fixed the last list, and we start over. My dealer is only 15 minutes away.
Brooksb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 08:23 PM   #3

Which hose ,tank to pump or pump to nozzle? Or Both?
Was the fuel station hose replaced with a different brand/type of hose?
Unsure how a hose could turn fuel bad unless the hose material used in construction was the issue. If that’s the case then it is a factory defect and the replacement would be under warranty.
Is the issue the age of the hose?

1992-2010 Jayco 1401 93 GMC Sub
2018-20?? 2019 Jayco Octane 222SL 18 Silverado 1500
Gogrampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 12:18 PM   #4

2019 talon problems

I had so many problems I don't know where to start. I fixed most everything my self as did not want setting at dealer. If ever look at wiring you would never buy one but I suppose same in all trailers. Poor dealer prep person who did walk thru didn't know much. I should have went thru every little item. You better be pretty good handyman to own a camper.
cubbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 01:59 PM   #5

I agree with being handy. But since I have sum things dealer is taking care of I'll let it be their problem. I just make a list for them. I only drop it off for one week. Then I'm there to get it either way. So far so good. But I have been kind to them yet very strict on picking back up. I leave when I have no plans anyways.
Plus, I have some things on order with them anyway. 3 seasons door from a seizmic should be here next week. Then a 3rd ac and porcelain toilet for main bath.....
Make it the way u want it!
Old 05-22-2019, 03:16 PM   #6

I guess we are in the minority, the only problem we have had with ours so far, is not enough camping trips. Bought first week in January this year, about 2500 towed miles and 20 days camping.
2019 Talon 313T
twin88cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 03:34 PM   #7

How do you like your Talon? We got the 2019 Platinum. Few issues. Slides that stick, slide that put a hole in the floor, front Dom that is all scratched up and has spots of silicon all over it, kitchen drawers that were put in at an angle, water hose from the water pump that was kinked and could be unkinked without cutting and reconnecting, blah, blah, blah.

Really, most of it is still minor. The thing that worries me is the auto leveling after the warranty is up.

My biggest complaint is that my phone constantly connects to the WiFi which doesn't go anywhere and causes my phone to not work until I switch it off. It is quite annoying.
Old 05-22-2019, 05:00 PM   #8

We like it really well so far, I have a few complaints about outlet and light switch locations, or lack of, and with the vacu-bond construction there aren't any studs in the wall to anchor things to, but for mid level fifth wheel toy hauler she ain't bad. I have added a switch by the door for the overhead lights, installed a light in front of the medicine cabinet, E track on the walls of the cargo area, slide awning, some more outlets in the bedroom and bath, vent covers up top,and a small compressor in the front cargo compartment. Garmin backup camera will probably be next. Almost forgot, I put a mirror on top of the hitch to help lining up with the hitch in the truck. And a sewer hose tube underneath. And the fancy fold in entry steps at the main door, can't remember the brand, with grab handles at both doors
More to come..
Old 05-22-2019, 05:33 PM   #9

Wow, sounds like a lot of mods. We r waiting on our 3 seasons doors and a 3rd ac will be next. Separate plug of course. Rearranged our control panel, as our light switch was behind a door and the other switches didnt make sense. But they moved around easy enough and now make useable sense. Next will be some extra outlets. I also have a remote dimmer switch for the awning lights I'll install once dealer gets same light strip straighten out. Magnetic door latches for storage doors work well too!
We have about 10 nights and 1500 miles so far
Old 05-23-2019, 05:16 AM   #10

As soon as I get the bugs worked out, I will probably put a storage cabinet under the frame behind the axles, 10 inches high x 2,or3 feet wide like you put in a truck bed with sliding drawer. want a receiver hitch in the bumper also. If I can't modify, or change stuff I tend to get bored with the new toys.
Old 05-23-2019, 07:26 AM   #11

I'm kinda the same. One of the first thinks I had to adjust was the bed support lifts. We have a 18 model, so no slide in bedroom. so we keep our bags under bed for the floor space, which was the main reason for moving up to a 5er. We added a better bed and upgraded, from Amazon, to 120# shocks. Also, adjusted the mounts so they used full range of shocks and opened up evenly to the same height. now it's a one hand operation for my wife! My friend helped me, and in return, I helped him with his seizmic.
I've also fixed the ac ducting too. I found that everytime I traveled the divider would shift and cause air leak on ac side. That's now fixed up tight, and I'll pull all the vents down this weekend to tape those up as well.
If we can't use camper on weekends I'm usually out in it making mods. Either way, I'm enjoying our camper! And at the end of a long day of playing around with things, I'll sometimes watch a movie and sip an adult beverage.....
Loving the Talon life!
Old 05-23-2019, 11:14 AM   #12

Not there yet!

I just want to be able to put velcro on the panel by the water pump instead of the screws that don't work.

I can't even do that because we haven't had it in our possession long enough to do that.

It is in the shop for the kitchen slide being stuck and the muffler for the generator being ready to fall off.

Hoping to get it back sometime soon. They said there are a parts that are needed but don't know when they will be in. They didn't say what the issue was.

The generator should be easy fix. It has these, what look to be leather, straps that hold the muffler (for shock absorption I am sure) that broke. Seems they don't hold up to the heat very well.

We are holding out hope that we will get to use it a couple more times before summer is over. :-)
Old 05-23-2019, 04:45 PM   #13

That's y I take mine in so they can order parts. I pick up and use until they have my parts in hand. I usually have another small list by the time I get back for parts. I only drop of for a week at a ti.e. Saturday to Saturday. My dealer is only 15 miles away. If ur further, talk to ur dealer and ask them for a moble guy. They can order all the warranty parts and do it at ur home. I'll go that route as soon as my lists are completed. My dealer has a mobile company they recommend for when I'm ready to go that route. Just something to think about.
Old 05-29-2019, 12:28 PM   #14

That would be nice. I however travel a lot for work and am not usually home during the week so it makes drop-offs and pickups a challenge. I also only have two dealerships I can work with, one beong camping world, nuff said. The other being this one and they have very limited hours that they do drop-offs and pick-ups. No weekends, etc. Really makes things challenging.
Old 05-31-2019, 11:39 AM   #15

What is it?

Who knows what a slide mechanism is?

Dealer tells me it is broke and needs to be replaced but can't tell me what it is.

I thought the slides were just a couple motors and gears on a track.
Old 10-21-2019, 03:11 PM   #16

2019 Jayco Talon issues

I am not a happy RV owner right now. I have had nothing but problems with my 2019 Talon. I have had the RV in multiple times and each time they fix something, something else is wrong. Major issue are the following: The heater fan is really loud and stays on for 10 to 15 min after the heater shuts off, which in-turn kills the batteries at night, Water pump pressure, loud fan noise from the fridge, front door screen will not latch and they have replaced the screen door already for the same issue, rear screen door hard to shut even after replacement, slide keeps having issues with alignment, the pump station has had multiple issues, and the AC does not cool down the unit like it should. I purchased the Jayco Talon because we had a great experience with our 2010 Jayco G2 31BHDS. We had very few issues with the RV and thought that it was a quality trailer. I am now having my doubts with the 2019 Talon.
MikeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 06:01 PM   #17

Back from another trip with 2019 313T more problems water heater quit wires burned off must have flamed up furnace quit circuit board failed now on way home slide tries to go out and in crooked we need to push it out and in hope that works till we get home
cubbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 05:20 AM   #18

Check the slide wires carefully. make sure they are all plugged in tight. Mine did the same and I found I had wires scrunched up by a plugged in connector. Mine was down at the bottom of the trim at the bottom, inside. Hope this helps
Old 12-11-2019, 04:52 PM   #19

Sos

Turned the Talon in, that we just got in April, for repairs of things that we knew about. Dealer told us twice of things not only declined by Jayco, but even gave reasons. When I called Jayco, of course, Jayco had no record of any request from the dealer.

Jayco, contacted dealer and worked it out.

However....

Jayco did decline one repair, but when I showed pictures I had taken at our PDI, Jayco quickly reversed their stance and approved work.

You are your best defense.
Old 10-22-2020, 05:05 PM   #20

We have a 2019 Talon Platinum Toyhauler. Would love to visit. Our bathroom floor near shower door and inside shower is spongy.
mfoulk is offline   Reply With Quote