Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-25-2021, 05:08 PM   #1

2nd A/C Unit (2018 Octane T30F)

I am wondering if anyone has installed a second AC unit in the Octane T30F. My repair guys says it is prewired in the master bedroom, but I am not sure where the thermostat would go in the wall and if the wires that are in the vent are ready to have an AC unit installed or if new ones would be required.
shadwrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 06:25 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadwrack View Post
I am wondering if anyone has installed a second AC unit in the Octane T30F. My repair guys says it is prewired in the master bedroom, but I am not sure where the thermostat would go in the wall and if the wires that are in the vent are ready to have an AC unit installed or if new ones would be required.

Bedroom AC units are generally operated with controls on the unit, and not via thermostat.
2x Honda 2K
NewBlackDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 06:35 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadwrack View Post
Once you pull the trim ring on the vent you should find the 110v line and if pre-wired for a thermostat that wire should be there too. The thermo wire is usually terminated somewhere near a light switch or the slide control switch. Of course you need to hunt a little using a still wire with a hook on the end it not readliy visible.
Old 06-25-2021, 08:04 PM   #4

Shadwrack,
I have a 2018 T30F that came with both A/C's. The thermostat for mine is located on the side of the closet on the exit door side of the camper (Right side when looking forward). Hopefully the the 3 pictures came through.

Also, you can see the vent for the main A/C into the bedroom, Once I fixed the duct openings to the main A/C AND added the 3D printed parts to make it flow better (similar to the RV Airflow device talked about on other threads) I really did not need to run the bedroom A/C as much, if at all. You might want to try that 1st before buying a 2nd A/C. It is an upgrade well worth it either way.
Attached Thumbnails
20210625_185431.jpg   20210625_185456.jpg   20210625_185526.jpg  
AZMarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 09:18 AM   #5

I wasn't able to locate a thermostat wire so I fished my own and connected it to the 12v where the fan controls were in the wall by the door.
shadwrack is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air conditioner, thermostat, wiring