Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-26-2019, 09:33 PM   #1

4113 leveling joke

It doesn’t work! That’s the joke!

Anyone have any leads on a qualified system for this trailer? Totally frustrated with this over priced pos... so many other problems 🤦*♂️ With this thing!
jeeperx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 09:30 AM   #2

Call a Lippert tech - https://support.lci1.com/

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 12:12 PM   #3

Definitely been there done that ... to no avail..

I’ve read some other posts on here to do the old school manual leveling & let the autolevel🙄 trim it out.. put a level mate pro onboard & calibrated them both together off the same point same time when leveled... pulled into a spot last night level side to side according to LevelMatePRO & 7” low @ the nose.. unhitched & hit auto level... it tried & failed 3 different times @ one point lifted/retracted the right front leg completely off the ground 🤦*♂️ It’s been calibrated , zeroed & hand leveled to many times to count.. just really frustrated 🤷🏻*♂️
Old 07-27-2019, 05:22 PM   #4

I found on our last camper that we needed to be within 1.5 degrees side to side in order to level. I've stuck with that on our 4114. I've never put more than 1 2x12 under the middle axle tire to get within that range. (Not even at the Iowa state fairgrounds!) In 2 years I've not had a problem with the 3.0 system, though I definitely liked the 2.0 better. I've got no experience with it, but knowing all of the complaints on the LCI 3.0 system when we bought the 4114, I have already reserved myself to buying a Bigfoot system when I start to have insurmountable problems. It had good reviews and didn't require a central hydraulic pump and hoses. Each jack is self contained.

I've had no other major problems with our 4114.

Brian

Camping nights: 2019 - Too many to count, 2020 - 3
BeachRetreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 01:03 PM   #5

Talked to jayco customer service today ... as of 8-1-19 they are installing hydraulics ... but they can’t sell me a system because they’re not licensed to sell retail parts 🤷🏻*♂️ & it’s considered a modification 🙄 so @ my expense through a dealer they can “retro” fit a hydraulic system to my trailer! Geee thanks jayco! I’m not looking for a freebie just a reasonable cost to a system that actually works

This is my 4th jayco I think they are a quality manufacturer... but this is really disheartening not for just me but everyone that owns these trailers

To spend another 4K on a “luxury” trailer is F’d up
Old 08-02-2019, 03:30 PM   #6

What did Lippert say?

I had some problems with the hydraulic system on my coach, and Lippert was pretty good about making it right.

If it's not right, it needs to be made so. By either Lippert or Jayco (assuming you're still under warranty by either one).

The only reason I would push for installation of something different is if I were out of warranty. And in that case, neither Jayco or Lippert would be remotely involved.

Your situation doesn't sound like "normal operation" (which would be their defense for not fixing it).

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 08:59 AM   #7

Our Seismic Leveling Solution

We have a 2019 Seismic 4113. We did our research before we bought and knew leveling was going to be an issue. It was one of the trade offs for the whisper quiet air, raised kitchen, walk-in shower, side patio, electric ramp door, queen bed with two full night stands, etc, etc. And the electric jacks were a nice idea as coming from the constriction industry having dealt with hydraulics and knowing they can bleed off in RV's and chasing leaks can be tedious we were willing to R&D a process that would work. Others were doing it why not us. And I have made a living being a solutions guy.

After reading many non-helpful posts and many failed processes, this is what has been working without fail for us.

Getting our unit's rear bumper close to level (within a couple of inches) with under tire boards or store bought roll-on risers, if necessary, is paramount. If the rear jack experiences too much load pressure, ours faults out every time without fail. Ive tried lowering the front way down, placing blocks under the low side rear jack and raising the front back up to lift the low rear side. Doesn't work for us as there is already too much "load" pressure on the low rear jack and it faults out every time without fail. Doesn't matter if we are on shore power, generator or batteries.

What does work without fail is:
Before unhitching, get rear bumper as level as possible.

Also before unhitching, check level from front to back with 2' level in front cargo area (below bathroom). When dropping front jacks, (think pull lever and holes here) try to use a minimum amount of extension so that when the unit is level the jacks have "travelled" the least distance possible.
Also, if the unit is not level side to side in the front (check below bath), adjust the front jacks distance from the ground to help offset and do some "leveling" of the front of the unit during the unhitching process.

Once the unit is unhitched, manually take it to level front to back.

What we do at this point is for a couple reasons. We stack blocks (rough cedar 2"x6"x11 5/8") 2 side by side, each layer stacked perpendicular for stability, up to as close to the bottom of the jack foot as we can get them.

When this is completed, we hit the auto level and watch the mid stabilizer jacks in case the raising of the corner jacks allows for and additional layer of blocks or two to be placed before they lower.

Has worked for us every time, without fail for about twenty setups now.

While it may sound tedious, having the jacks extend the minimum distance coupled with the rock solid foundation of the rough cedar blocks makes a world of difference for us in the stability of our home. We now have it down to a science, takes about ten minutes (unless roll-on leveling is required). And once we are in our minimally jacked up, maximally stabilized home, we are well pleased.

Hope that helps.
OffTheRoute is offline   Reply With Quote