Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-04-2016, 01:26 PM   #1

A new leak

I drained all tanks, hooked up city water, and now my new 4212 is dripping water (at the rate of about 1 drip every 5 seconds) out of the two vent tubes under the curb side of the unit near the front under the cargo bay. It's labeled "low point drain" but I know that it's not because there is no valve to drain. That's on the other side. There are just 2 drain tubes that look like the over flow drain tubes. Drips are only coming out of one of the two tubes. I have a feeling that this is connected somehow to the water that has been coming out of the rear toilet when we have the fresh water tank full. Any thoughts? This drip is only happening when we are on city water.
norton0428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 01:59 PM   #2
Site Team

There should be some valves that go to the washer prep in that area. Mine has 2 inline valves in the overhead of the large storage and also a small hatch in the front that accesses the low point drain shutoff valves.

My rig is different but the washer is in the same area.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 02:20 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by norton0428 View Post
I drained all tanks, hooked up city water, and now my new 4212 is dripping water (at the rate of about 1 drip every 5 seconds) out of the two vent tubes under the curb side of the unit near the front under the cargo bay. It's labeled "low point drain" but I know that it's not because there is no valve to drain. That's on the other side. There are just 2 drain tubes that look like the over flow drain tubes. Drips are only coming out of one of the two tubes. I have a feeling that this is connected somehow to the water that has been coming out of the rear toilet when we have the fresh water tank full. Any thoughts? This drip is only happening when we are on city water.
Those are the low point drains behind the panel in basement on the curb side. There are 2 valves buried down low behind panel.
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...albums843.html Check this out.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-34672-3.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 09:59 AM   #4

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loboclone View Post
Those are the low point drains behind the panel in basement on the curb side. There are 2 valves buried down low behind panel.
That was EXACTLY it. I hadn't had the chance to log back in and tell anyone, but in the cargo bay behind the curb side panel, there are the two low point drain valves. apparently 1 had not been closed fully and was only slightly up. A quick trip to Camping world, problem solved. We thought it might also solve the leak we are having in the rear toilet area, but alas, we couldn't get that lucky. Thank you though, hopefully this will help some other newbie in the future.
norton0428 is offline   Reply With Quote