Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-02-2023, 07:05 PM   #1

Added a spray port to the campside . . .

I've always liked the idea of a camp (or driver's) side freshwater spray port on an RV. I believe many units from Jayco come with them, but not our 2021 Jayco Seismic 4113. In the typical location where one would be, I found a black tank flush inlet for the garage bathroom. What a poor design on the part of Jayco. There are no other utilities that connect on that side of the trailer. I would have rather seen it somewhere on the rear near the garage, but I'm sure they have their reasoning. My future plans include adding a valve to the existing Nautilus panel, or somewhere nearby, to switch between the main and rear black tanks. I will post up when I finally get to that one, but for now we don't need a flush in that tank as we only use it for #1 anyway. And, if I felt I needed to flush it I can do so via a backflush.

Onto the project.

I surveyed the undercabinet plumbing and could see that it would be relatively easy to access and modify as I wanted. My short-term plan was to cap the rear black tank flush system and use the existing hole in the side of the rig for the spray port. Seemed like all I would need would be a tee fitting and a valve.

I started by removing the black tank port from the outside of the rig. I then enlarged the existing hole to accommodate the spray port fixture. I used a Dremel tool with a coarse sanding drum for the task. Next, I disconnected the PEX fittings from the black tank flush and removed them. I removed the female connector that had connected to the anti-siphon valve on the flush line under the cabinet. I re-used the existing lengths of PEX, elbow and female connector that had attached to the black flush inlet on the side of the rig. This provided enough length inside to reach the horizonal cold water line that I ended up tying into.

I marked and drilled pilot holes for the screws. Next, I added some butyl tape to the back of the fixture where it would seat against the rig and screwed it in place. A helpful tip is to install the plumbing to the spay port and then feed it into the hole to make it easier on yourself. Reaching the back of the spray port fixture to attach the PEX once installed would prove to be a lot more work.

Back inside, and after turning off the water, I cut a tee into the horizontal line that feeds cold water to the sink. I also added a shut off valve should I ever have issues and need to service the port. Once the water was back on, I checked for leaks and gave it a try. Works like a champ. I now have water on the camp side of the rig and will mainly use it for a sink I have near the "Tailgater" outdoor kitchen. Should come in handy for other uses as well.

Here is the port I used and the connector to go to a standard garden hose. The port also works with the coiled hose that comes with the rig.

https://www.amazon.com/RecPro-Exteri...e%2C224&sr=1-4

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084SB6N8F...roduct_details

Finished product:

Under cabinet view - shows tee and shutoff valve. In the background you can see the capped line that leads to the rear black tank flush.

Ranger413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 08:56 PM   #2

That’s a fantastic idea! Love it! Keep us posted on how it works for you this season!
Jimmy P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 08:14 PM   #3

Great idea!!!

I toy'ed with the idea of adding and actual faucet on the campside in the outdoor entertainment center since it backs up to the kitchen plumbing..But, I have my hands full with adding the back up camera and TPMS sensors and doing other upgrades/repairs. My next big project in cleaning up the basement..
Janky Seismic 359 being dragged by a Magnetic Gray, 2017 Ford F-250SD Lariat, 160" WB, w/Heavy Tow Package, Air Lift LoadLifter 7500 XL ULTIMATE Airbags, FX4 4x4, 3.55 Eletro-Locking Axle, Curt A20k Sliding F.W. Hitch with Curt Rota-flex King Pin Box.
JDsRVcrzy is offline   Reply With Quote