Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-12-2020, 03:55 PM   #1

After two Seismics since 2013, I’m leaving the Jayco Brand.... Farewell and thanks to

Well my friends next week I will be leaving my second Seismic (2016 and 2013) for a Heartland Cyclone. This forum has been so much help to me and if for anything else through all those leveling and stuck Schwintek issues from 2014 and all of the other major issues I was able to vent about and gain some feedback on, thank you.

I want to invest in a TH that is going to give us 10 years of use. This product hasn’t been it. Granted some changes have been made, finally, but for me, there are some aspects of the build that make a big difference.

1. Hyd leveling system
2. Hydraulic and cable Heavy Duty slides (no large Schwintek)
3. Challenger Ramp and side doors without any wood and foam structure inside like Lippert to rot and warp from moisture.
4. Much less risk of sidewalk cracking under bedroom slides and overhangs. Nothing systemic there like we see here.
5. Many other more robust build characteristics.

We will miss some of the fit and finish and woodwork Jayco does so well. Heartland is a close second though. They do some innovative things.

Everyone has to buy what is right for them. I’ve had ramp doors replaced, entire roof structures rebuilt, leveling jacks replaced like 4 times, trim issues, Major Schwintek issues on the big slides on my 2014 (my 2016 is hanging on but it’s not gonna last 10 years and that’s a big financial but to try and fix and bandaid) and on and on.

I will be upgrading with the Moryde XFactor on the new rig as well as wet bolts. Disc brakes and H rated tires after one year. These parts are pretty much universal to all brands and share the same liability in terms of systemic failures.

Anyway Thanks to all here over the years and wish everyone here safe and great times as well as long lasting memories, after all that’s what it’s about.

Everyone has to do what’s right for you, for me at this point in my life and this ‘hobby’ or sport or whatever it is, this is what’s right.

Safe travels all.
P25ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 04:05 PM   #2
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by P25ct View Post
Well my friends next week I will be leaving my second Seismic (2016 and 2013) for a Heartland Cyclone. This forum has been so much help to me and if for anything else through all those leveling and stuck Schwintek issues from 2014 and all of the other major issues I was able to vent about and gain some feedback on, thank you.

I want to invest in a TH that is going to give us 10 years of use. This product hasn’t been it. Granted some changes have been made, finally, but for me, there are some aspects of the build that make a big difference.

1. Hyd leveling system
2. Hydraulic and cable Heavy Duty slides (no large Schwintek)
3. Challenger Ramp and side doors without any wood and foam structure inside like Lippert to rot and warp from moisture.
4. Much less risk of sidewalk cracking under bedroom slides and overhangs. Nothing systemic there like we see here.
5. Many other more robust build characteristics.

We will miss some of the fit and finish and woodwork Jayco does so well. Heartland is a close second though. They do some innovative things.

Everyone has to buy what is right for them. I’ve had ramp doors replaced, entire roof structures rebuilt, leveling jacks replaced like 4 times, trim issues, Major Schwintek issues on the big slides on my 2014 (my 2016 is hanging on but it’s not gonna last 10 years and that’s a big financial but to try and fix and bandaid) and on and on.

I will be upgrading with the Moryde XFactor on the new rig as well as wet bolts. Disc brakes and H rated tires after one year. These parts are pretty much universal to all brands and share the same liability in terms of systemic failures.

Anyway Thanks to all here over the years and wish everyone here safe and great times as well as long lasting memories, after all that’s what it’s about.

Everyone has to do what’s right for you, for me at this point in my life and this ‘hobby’ or sport or whatever it is, this is what’s right.

Safe travels all.

As you can see by my signature I owned a Cyclone 3010 for 9 years. It was a great toy hauler and I spent much of those 9 years on the Heartland Web site with a number of very nice people.

What I can tell you is that no RV is going to go without some issues from the time you pick it up. I won't go into a long list here but expect that you are going to have some of the same issues with this one that you had in the past. No matter how good of a PDI you do, you will be back with issues. I am not trying to put a downer on your new rig but an RV buyer needs to be realistic. They have the same issues across the board.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 04:26 PM   #3

Congratulations on the new TH. Your more than welcome to stay onboard, or check in anytime you want.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 04:33 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagiven View Post
Congratulations on the new TH. Your more than welcome to stay onboard, or check in anytime you want.

Thanks man I plan to. I plan to continue to provide some lessons learned and some good info I’ve learned about this series over the years.

First and best advice for owners from 2013-2019, carry an extra front leveling jack with you and ALWAYS pin the front gear with Bolts. Both of those will save you agony. The extra landing gear saved a 10 day trip for us years ago without delay and since then I always carried an extra I bought out of pocket.
P25ct is offline   Reply With Quote