Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-20-2019, 05:23 PM   #1

Any Octane T32C owners out there?

Just wanted to see if any T32C owners are out there. It seems that a lot of people don't have this particular model. Wanted to communicate to see of any problems have arisen, things to watch out for and what your towing it with and what you're towing. Run into any problems while out on the road? What do you like about it, what do you not like about it.

Just took mine out last week and had the tanks (fuel and water) fully loaded with a Touring HD in the back. Felt pretty heavy going up some long hills but the Excursion made it. Definitely have to upgrade the brakes as they felt pretty spongy. That was probably the heaviest I'll ever tow as I'll probably not keep the tanks completely full all the time while traveling (at least not the water). Overall, the T32C felt very solid and strong. Lived in it for about a week and found it to be very comfortable.
chaparro93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 05:55 AM   #2

I have a 2018 T32C that we purchased new late in 2017.

The biggest issue was a roof problem at delivery time, but it was handled well and taken back to the factory for a new roof. Other than small odds and ends, some duct work tearing under the floor, black tank flush valve leak, etc nothing of note.

What year is yours? Any problems or concerns that have come up with it?
YDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 12:44 PM   #3

Only issue we’ve seen is the exhaust opening over the kitchen area, one of the screens was offline. Other than that, nothing at all. We haven’t really taken it out but will do so next month. We’ll be on the road for a month so hopefully nothing else comes up!!
We have a 2016 and are really excited about it. Can’t wait to see what’s in store for us!!
Old 06-27-2019, 07:24 AM   #4

I have a 2018 T32C, this is our second year with it, the only real issues we have had were the screw heads on things around the outside were breaking off, taillight, Propane splitter, molding etc, had to take back to dealer to have them drilled out and replaced, haven't seen any more show up since then which is good. I carry a 2011 road glide on occasion this rig is heavy with or without a load, my 2500 diesel handles it but most likely will upgrade to a 1 ton next year to be a little safer and have the possibility to upgrade later down the road. Can't say I have ever had more than 1/3 tank of fresh water since it is on the front of the wheels putting more weight on the tongue, I am already at 1700# with nothing in the back. Have you had any issues with your rear screen, seems ours has never retracted easily.
dkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 09:17 AM   #5

Yeah they are definitely heavy, my empty tongue weight is right around the same as yours. I keep wanting to weigh the tongue with the "toys" in the back to see how much it lightens up the tongue.

I am pulling mine with a Ram 2500 Cummins, what are you pulling yours with? You mention 2500 so I assume its a Ram also? I added air bags to help with the squat and chucking over bridges.

I had a similar issue with the screws, but fixed most of them myself. I have to imagine the tool they use was setup with too much torque and they were nearly twisted off when installed. Then with heating and cooling they finally popped the heads off.

No issues with our screen, it retracts by itself but takes some force to get the handle part to move up and down.
Old 06-27-2019, 11:15 AM   #6

Yes RAM 2500, I am amazed the difference in what the manual stats pin weight is and what actual weight is, as when picked it up dealer sold me ap a 1200# hitch had to go back after weighing it to get a 1700# one. wish dealers would weigh and let the customer know what the actual weight is so everyone is on the same page and that everything is appropriate for said weights.
dkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 07:31 AM   #7

I haven’t really had any issues but I’ve only taken it out once so far. I will keep an eye on on those screw heads. One thing I have noticed is that my right taillight went out so no stop/blinker on the right side. I haven’t tried opening and retracting the rear screen. Going to do that when I get home. They seem to be really well built. Felt pretty solid when I did stay in it for a week.
These are real heavy haulers. I got some info from some guys on here before I purchased and I made sure I upgraded my hitch and hitch receiver. I still feel like my WD hitch w/ sway control may be inadequate. I have a Blue Ox Swaypro 1500 and it seems to work well but I guess I’ll see next month when we take it on the road. I pull mine with the Excursion 7.3L and I think I’m almost right at my limits (on hills at least). Its a 3/4 ton but i have some more upgrades I want to do (Fox shocks, brakes and rotors) and I think it’ll be good to go. May upgrade to a 1 ton down the road. I travel with 5 kids and 4 dogs right now so I needed the space of the SUV. The Ex the only one out there capable of pulling it. If you guys have any pictures of your setups or upgrades I would definitely like to see. I want to do some stuff but I don’t even know where to start. May do those rear cameras after this trip.
Old 07-03-2019, 09:06 AM   #8

I actually ended up going with the Sway Pro 2000, but it requires the 2 1/2 receiver I believe. I also upgraded the hitch on my Ram, as the factory one had a limited rating and the welding is less than stellar to say the least.
Old 07-03-2019, 10:41 AM   #9

I wanted to get the SwayPro 2000 but you’re right it’s only in 2.5” receiver. I may have to end up redoing everything if the SwayPro1500 doesn’t work out on the trip. I’m loading everything in the garage area to decrease tongue weight:-)