Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-02-2019, 02:43 PM   #21

Kinda Curious

For all who read this, what made you pic the floor plan that you did?

We wanted to be able to walk on each side of the bed and have the island in the kitchen.

Thanks!
Octane2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 07:32 PM   #22

Our previous unit was the Puma Unleashed 298FQU which did not have a garage wall, slide out, was only 96" wide and we could not stand up in the bedroom. The Talon gave us all that, but also another 9' +4,000lbs more to pull.

We saw the 393t at the Cleveland RV show last year and fell in love with it on the spot. The U shaped kitchen was amazing but we went with the 313t because it was a little lighter, a foot shorter and we realized that we would never use the outside kitchen and the space lost in the garage was not worth it.
Ugeesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 06:36 AM   #23

We when with the 313 for about the same reasons as Ugeesta, our outside cooking is with a grill and flat top griddle, and didn't want to give up the cargo space, on a side note has any one decided to try and mount E-track on the walls of the cargo area yet? I am starting to customize already.
twin88cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 08:51 PM   #24

We chose a 413. Wanted the loft with a 10 yr old daughter. And a half bath cause I get tired of the girls running me out the main bath. Plus, daughter can have her own space once she's ready to get away from the loft. And I get more storage from loft. Not to mention I feel the talon was the best trailer for 40 grand! 2018 closeout.
Brooksb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 05:37 AM   #25

Nice score on the closeout pricing. I’m surprised on how many 18’s are still on the lots. The sise one in me tells me to wait till the model year ends to get a good discount like that but the child in me wants things now.....

That said we got a pretty good deal on out Talon. We bought one site unseen that our dealer located at the factory. When it showed up, we quickly noticed that it came with a generator that was not part of the deal. They say they missed it but I suspect the factory was looking to unload the unit to clear out the 18’s at the time. It was a nice surprise.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:23 AM   #26

Supposed to pick our left over 2018 313t Saturday.
G1shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 11:03 AM   #27

Going to be interested too see how these Talons hold up compared to Sesimic over time. Our 2015 Sesimic hasn’t fared well the past 4 years. In shop now for slide issues again. We have lots of failures that are well documented on this forums concerning the Sesimic issues which share many components of the Wave and Talon.
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...albums843.html Check this out.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-34672-3.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 10:50 AM   #28

@Octane2go
There were a few things that we liked on the 2018 313T.
The wife didn't like the island counter on the other models and the main bedroom (voltage) seems tight. She liked the L shaped counter and the slideout with the table. Another deciding factor was to get a toy hauler with a garage or not. After walking a few different floor plans we decided on a garage. The key things I wanted are a 13' garage for a SxS. Better axles and a fuel station. I would have also liked to stay around 25' length but we missed that one by a mile. I may upgrade to an auto leveling system down the road but for now, it is hanging out in the side yard getting snowed on.
PistonSlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 05:59 AM   #29

Have u checked into the price of auto level upgrade. I see it wasnt much as an option. But we bought a closeout off the lot...
Brooksb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 09:55 PM   #30

Hello new member and I am working with a dealer on a new 2018 Yes new 313T with a generator.

Noticing the last post was 10 months ago are your opinions changed after a hopefully good camping season with more miles and use on them?

Thanks in advance
soonergypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 07:36 AM   #31

Overall, the Talon is a good unit with the usual hiccups. We are quite pleased with our unit though we went through a set of brakes and are having leaf spring issues currently. The leaf springs have been noted to be bad and are currently in for warranty approval. Other than that, it’s only been minor things and the unit has been reliable.

Our unit was a nearly end of model year production build so I think we got a better unit (construction wise). It pulls great, we love the layout and fount it a much better value than the Seismic.

If you are shopping 2018 unit, you should get one heck of a deal. Note: if the toilet is parallel with the bathroom wall and the garage shelf goes all the way across the back wall, that is an early production run unit. Maybe you can get the price down a little more....

Good luck with the negotiations.
Old 12-23-2019, 08:16 AM   #32

Great input and I thank you. This one may be a late 18 as the toilet is setting in the corner and rotated.
Shelf in garage is 1/2 wall if I recall.
John
Old 12-25-2019, 01:55 PM   #33

We have the late 18 model as well, actually titled as a 2019, will be one year old next week, picked up in Danville Va. I have done some customizing with fans, lights and switches, added E track in the cargo area, and added a tube under the frame for sewer hose storage. The Only problem we have had is the dvd player has quit working and not enough camping days. I have a new stereo/ dvd player ordered from amazon, will replace it myself. Forgot to mention, ours is the 313T
twin88cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 07:10 PM   #34

Twin88Cam thanks for the update. Meeting the dealer in the morning possibly finalize the deal. One of the conditions I had was they had to bring the unit out and see if they can get it in my driveway, went in ok but they drug it getting out pulling out. Time to extend the culvert and drive.