Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-16-2018, 01:11 AM   #1

Anybody Get the New Talon Yet?

Hi.

Not a Jayco owner (yet) and curious how you like the new Jayco Talon. Currently we have a Puma Unleashed 298FQU and saw the Talon at our local RV show. I see a ot of 313t units for sale on line. Surprisingly, many of the units were made mid last year.

Haven't found any discussions about the Talon line which seems odd. Maybe it is too soon.

Anyway, we like the 313t and are ready to pull the trigger soon. It'd be good to hear from present owners to see if they like their units and see if the QC of the manufacturing of them is any good.

Thanks.
Ugeesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 07:29 PM   #2

I can only say “wow.”
Octane2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 03:36 AM   #3

^^^^ well, that’s encouraging. Just put a downpayment on a new 313t and hop to have it in a couple weeks. We’re excited to get our new trailer but I’m a bit nervous to see what happens to our trucks mpg when loaded.
Old 05-05-2018, 12:42 PM   #4

I'm picking my 313T up on Tuesday the 8th. I've been looking for some time for this option set and price. Pretty excited.
MtMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 06:57 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtMike View Post
I'm picking my 313T up on Tuesday the 8th. I've been looking for some time for this option set and price. Pretty excited.
Congrats. We took delivery of yours last month and love it. We love everything about the trailer except one thing. Very little counter space. We bought a stove topper which works nice but its a bit big to put over the sink. And, the late 18 models don't come with sink covers as they are changing to an under counter sink in the 19 units.

Also, we found two serious issues when we took it on our shakedown trip a couple weeks ago. The first one was the drivers side propane tank regulator was not screwed tight and was leaking. During the PDI the propane system worked fine. it was not till we were breaking down camp when the issue was found. I went to shut off the tank, opened the door and there was heavy propane odor. When I took a closer look I could hear the leak.

Second, the pump for the fuel station was leaking gas. Turned out the factory did not tighten the fittings on the fuel pump. My dealer said everyone was loose. Check this stuff out when you do your PDI. WE didn't check the fuel station cause the dealer did not run the generator or fill the gas tank before the PDI. Our dealer was excellent and took the trailer back and fixed the issues right away. So glad we didn't buy from Camping World.

Enjoy.
Old 05-06-2018, 08:19 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugeesta View Post
Congrats. We took delivery of yours last month and love it. We love everything about the trailer except one thing. Very little counter space. We bought a stove topper which works nice but its a bit big to put over the sink. And, the late 18 models don't come with sink covers as they are changing to an under counter sink in the 19 units.

Also, we found two serious issues when we took it on our shakedown trip a couple weeks ago. The first one was the drivers side propane tank regulator was not screwed tight and was leaking. During the PDI the propane system worked fine. it was not till we were breaking down camp when the issue was found. I went to shut off the tank, opened the door and there was heavy propane odor. When I took a closer look I could hear the leak.

Second, the pump for the fuel station was leaking gas. Turned out the factory did not tighten the fittings on the fuel pump. My dealer said everyone was loose. Check this stuff out when you do your PDI. WE didn't check the fuel station cause the dealer did not run the generator or fill the gas tank before the PDI. Our dealer was excellent and took the trailer back and fixed the issues right away. So glad we didn't buy from Camping World.

Enjoy.
Thank you soo much for the insight, I will definitely make sure to check those. Happy camping.
MtMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 03:09 AM   #7

Mike, another thing to check is the compartment where the Sanicon hose is kept if you are getting that option. Ours had a self tapping screw coming up from the bottom where they attached the fender skirt to the body of the trailer.

That screw will easily cut the hose and I heard they are expensive to replace. I showed it to our dealer during the PDI and they cut it down to protect the hose.
Old 10-31-2018, 02:46 PM   #8

talon

Just got a leftover 2018 talon 393t and love it.One issue I had was the fuel tank was not secured to the frame and was hanging loose
fdny136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 02:04 PM   #9

We picked up a 413T last month. Got it home and installed solar panels. Found that the prewired location for the controller was 17 inched too low. Good thing I didn't trust the sticker.
The prewire for the backup camera did not exist in the bedroom as the sticker suggests.
The hole for AC outlet in the bedroom was cut too big and pushed through the wall.
Three bolts were broken off for the fuel tank with one support missing.
Seems that Camping World needs better help.
There is a lack of DC outlets with one in the bedroom.
Still haven't been out for a shake down trip yet.
Bend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 02:22 PM   #10

Welcome to the forum fdny136 and Bend.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 06:32 AM   #11

Had the same with my fuel tank broken bolts no straps. I fabbed up some 2” flat stock and all good. I must say the wife and I really luv our 393t . Its our first camper and for the features and budget its perfect.Thanks for the welcome
fdny136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 09:59 AM   #12

Talon 313T

New to the forum. Looking for info on the Talon 313T, does every one still like theirs, what would you have done different, if any thing. We are shopping a 2019 with 5500 Onan. If we pull the trigger on this one, it will be our first Jayco, and first Fifth wheel TH.

Thanks for any information,
twin88cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 07:34 PM   #13

New Talon

Yep, we are serious about hitting the trails this coming season so we downloaded the Mud Finder mobile app and made a list of a bunch of places to go ride, including out West. I guess the new version is going to start listing off-road events coming up as well. 2019 is looking good already.

We have our Talon 403T on order and just hoping to see it before spring. :-)
Old 12-30-2018, 08:05 PM   #14

New here guys, just picked up our 2019 313T Talon Thursday in Ringgold Va. No problems so far, everything works, checked the fuel tank mounts and it's good, all propane connections tight, Camped two nights close to dealer to look for any problems. Pulled home to Ga. Saturday, about 400 miles from campground to house, no problems on interstate 70-80 miles per hour towed good and smooth, I know that's maybe a little fast, but the Goodyear tires on these are rated for 87 mph. Averaged 11 mpg at that speed hand calculated, 2012 deleted Ram with 3.73 rears, mpg will definitely go up on secondary roads. love the 6 point auto level and got the 5500 onan, worth the drive up. The one question I have is, where does the aux connections from the tv got to, to hook up a dvr, can't find them any where, already going from tv into ceiling, just don't know/ can't find where they go from there.

Thanks for any help, and all the information before the purchase
Old 12-31-2018, 08:55 AM   #15

Sorry, can't help but...

Apologies, I can't help you with where the Aux ports terminate as we haven't gotten ours yet.

We didn't get the TV as we figured we can probably do better in a big box store or the like.

I did want to ask though, if you would be so kind, how would you say the trailer compares to what is on the site for the 2019s. Jayco is known to change subtle things between what shows in the brochures and online vs. what actually comes off the line when the time comes. It may be the counter tops or color or simple things like that.

I was just wondering if you noticed anything like that?
Old 12-31-2018, 01:46 PM   #16

Don't really know if they made changes or not, we looked at a 2018 at CW near us, started comparing prices at other dealers and decided to get a 2019 in Ringgold VA. Not much difference in price considering the new features, I really like the 6 point leveling, and it has the frameless windows and actual solid surface counters, where the 2018 had seamless counters not solid surface. After you get it hooked up and out on the road, you realize how big this thing is, but it handles and pulls really well, no problems what so ever on the 400 mile, stop for fuel only, trip back home.
Old 12-31-2018, 08:09 PM   #17

We've been to Ringgold VA a few times. Getting ready to pick up a new Talon 393. Great folks to work with.
schlepprock250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 08:31 PM   #18

I will be picking up a 2018 393T on Jan, 11th. We chose the 393 for two main reasons; the larger U-shaped kitchen for the counter space and secondly the outdoor kitchen. In the garage you still have 72" of space between the inside wall of the kitchen and the exterior wall, plenty of room for ate's or even a side by side. We are moving up from our 2016 Octane Lite 222 . . . we're looking forward to a more comfortable camping experience.
Boondocker Colorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 10:18 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondocker Colorado View Post
I will be picking up a 2018 393T on Jan, 11th. We chose the 393 for two main reasons; the larger U-shaped kitchen for the counter space and secondly the outdoor kitchen. In the garage you still have 72" of space between the inside wall of the kitchen and the exterior wall, plenty of room for ate's or even a side by side. We are moving up from our 2016 Octane Lite 222 . . . we're looking forward to a more comfortable camping experience.
Yes the 393 is a nice layout. The 393 we're picking up has the reclining sofa, a 5500 Onan genny, and the outdoor kitchen. It's also an 18 closeout. The Talon is a well built unit according to my best research.
schlepprock250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 01:19 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin88cam View Post
After you get it hooked up and out on the road, you realize how big this thing is, but it handles and pulls really well, no problems what so ever on the 400 mile, stop for fuel only, trip back home.

This is about when we figured out how big the trailer was. The trailer does pull true and smooth. We really like the 313t and its simplicity for such a large toy hauler. Since this picture was taken, we upgraded to a 1 ton diesel. The 8.1/Allison in the old 3/4 ton pulled the trailer but it struggled at times.