Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-08-2016, 08:47 PM   #1

Anyone having problems with slides on Seismic Wave 310W?

Thinking of ordering a 310W but am a little hesitant due to some issues with the slides on some of the larger toy haulers. So was wondering if any 310W owners, especially the 2016 or 2017 models, are having any issues with the slides, or any other issues with the 310W.
Thanks,
La Cajun
La Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 09:04 PM   #2

I have a 2016 355w and have not had any issues to date with the slides. My kitchen slide was out of sync once, but I followed the directions someone posted on this site to re-sync and it has been fine since.
I have not had any problems with the leveling system so far and love it.
My biggest issue with mine are the brakes. Just cant seem to get them to work as they should.
I have had minor issues, like the dvd not working, moldings came loose, the couch remote on one side doesn't work, some loose screws, and a broken gas cap. But I fixed some of them myself and it goes in later this month to get some of the issues warrantied.
Turtle Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 09:10 PM   #3

Thanks Turtle Tim for the quick response. Sure glad to hear you're not having any major issues with your 355W. As with most forums, the majority of the posts are for "problems" and not very many posts from the folks with no or very minor issues. Reading the forums makes you scared of buying any rv. Sure wish we had more positive posts.
Old 09-09-2016, 08:42 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Cajun View Post
Thanks Turtle Tim for the quick response. Sure glad to hear you're not having any major issues with your 355W. As with most forums, the majority of the posts are for "problems" and not very many posts from the folks with no or very minor issues. Reading the forums makes you scared of buying any rv. Sure wish we had more positive posts.
I would be cautious concerning slide issues. Jayco is still installing 300: 1 motors in the Sesimic slides. Swientech slides are nortorious for out of sync issues then they self destruct.
As for more "positive posts" I would challenge anyone to take my unit and use it as a Toyhauler for a month at a time and deal with all the crap that is wrong with this Sesimic. Design and engineering flaws!
It goes back to the shop again on Monday with failed leveling motors again, 3X now. In 16 months of ownership it has been in repair facility 8 months. Last time 4 months with the slide hanging out. Positive posts? Those that use their units 30 days a year are those that are satisfied.....
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...albums843.html Check this out.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-34672-3.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 06:05 PM   #5

I too have heard of issues with schwintech (sp?) slides too, but have to wonder if the issues are more prevalent with larger slides. My 355w is not my first hauler, and I had schwintech slides on my other units with no issues. But they were all smaller slides, as are the ones on my 355w as compared to the Loboclones Seismic IIRC.
I have no doubt Loboclone is very frustrated, as I have read most of his post about the issues he has experienced. I would be too.
But comparing the 4212 to the 310w is like comparing apples to oranges, with the 4212 being much heavier and larger, heavier slides, again IIRC.
The 355W is a much closer comparison.
BTW...Last year we spent 3 months in our toyhauler. Just bought the 355 in April and already have 29 days in it with more trips left this year. And most of my trips are at least 600 miles one way.
Old 09-09-2016, 06:14 PM   #6

La Cajun, one thing I was going to mention but forgot. If you do get the 310w, I would change the tires out as soon as possible. If it comes with Westlakes like mine did, I would not trust them.
I put Sailun G rated on mine for piece of mind on my trips. Just got back from a 1600 mile trip to eastern Idaho and never worried about my tires holding up.
Got mine at Simple Tire at a very reasonable price.
Old 09-10-2016, 10:43 AM   #7

I believe the 2017 310W comes with 8k axles rather than 7k and with G rated tires but still Westlake tires. Can't upgrade to Goodyears from factory on Seismic models. Does anyone know if the 310W comes with the 300:1 or 500:1 slide motors?
Old 09-10-2016, 01:02 PM   #8

West lake tires

Quote:
I believe the 2017 310W comes with 8k axles rather than 7k and with G rated tires but still Westlake tires. Can't upgrade to Goodyears from factory on Seismic models. Does anyone know if the 310W comes with the 300:1 or 500:1 slide motors?
Correct on axles, Westlakes are an issue. I have put over 10K on them and no blowouts but 3 have ended up likes this

changing to Sailuns like turtle Tim............only buying 2-3 at a time. I am retired and fulltime Jayco drag to warranty repair facility. Interesting note here, the Designer high end Jayco comes with Sailuns STANDARD equipment. Might be a indication that very high price points don't matter when it comes to quality. Also disc brakes? what a novel idea on the designer.
Attached Thumbnails
20160421_202133170_iOS.jpg  
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
Old 09-10-2016, 01:18 PM   #9

Quote:
Forgot the original question, I am retired and have CRS syndrome. All the Seismic and F/W except Designer have 300: 1 Swinentech motors. If you look around this site Jayco is having issues with slides, bent outriggers and tore up carpet/flooring. My unit has had 3 more rollers, 3 more outriggers and 500:1 motors all installed under warranty. Turtle Tim indicated that Wave slides are smaller/lighter? Is 300:1 better than 500:1? I don't think so. I had issues in my previous Jayco and PAID to have motors changed to 500;1

The other issue is when changing them out this year Jayco has had issue with part # from Lippert on the motors! They keep sending 300:1 when Jayco Tech Service authorized 500:1 replacements. Some rocket engineer put the same part # on both motors at Lippert. It cost us 4 weeks in the 4 month repair process. And moderators here wonder about my attitude and bashing PM warnings....................
Attached Thumbnails
20160608_163003000_iOS (2).jpg