Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > Jayco Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-29-2021, 01:41 PM   #1

Talking Anyone upgrade their Jayco Toy Hauler with inverter upgrade?

New to the RV world and trying to expand my understanding and do minor upgrades.

Is it feasible to put an inverter to the toy hauler (have a 2021 Octane 255). Figure I'd start with battery and inverter upgrade then possibly step up to add solar to charge the batteries while away from shore power down the road.

Appreciate any feedback or experiences shared.
Mr. Korean Corn Salad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 08:13 AM   #2

I have not done the inverter. It is a Progressive Dynamics inverter and I've had zero issues with it. I'd just add a negative shut off switch so you have no parasitic loss while away from the camper. A good deep cycle battery will be okay. I store mine in my shop for winter though.
2017 HD Street Glide Special
slippin_jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 05:46 AM   #3

I am assuming that you meant to say you have done the inverter. I looked up the Progressive Dynamics inverter. There are several from many sources including Amazon and etrailer. Which model do you have and where did you install it? Pictures would be appreciated. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slippin_jimmy View Post
I have not done the inverter. It is a Progressive Dynamics inverter and I've had zero issues with it. I'd just add a negative shut off switch so you have no parasitic loss while away from the camper. A good deep cycle battery will be okay. I store mine in my shop for winter though.
phoenixbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 08:23 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixbound View Post
I am assuming that you meant to say you have done the inverter. I looked up the Progressive Dynamics inverter. There are several from many sources including Amazon and etrailer. Which model do you have and where did you install it? Pictures would be appreciated. Thank you.
I bought my toy hauler from a gentleman that used it once and it was about 6 months old when I got it. I was going to immediately replace the inverter but it had the progressive dynamics inverter installed already. Not sure if he upgraded it or it was standard on my Octane SL222. I'll try to get a serial number or photos when I have it next. It's in storage until our next trip in a couple of weeks.
2017 HD Street Glide Special
slippin_jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote