Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-11-2018, 11:11 AM   #1

Atv loading pointers anyone?

I am wondering if anyone has any easy tricks for getting ATVs sideways in your toyhauler. I have a octane sl 272and they fit ok end to end but I would like to load the rear one sideways. I have two Polaris sportsman’s 570and it would make the rest of the loading easier if there was another foot or so in the front. I’ve been told a couple of things. First was to put upside down carpet down and drive on it. Another guy told me about atv wheel dollies. I guess I was afraid these would scratch my floor up. Not a prima Donna but it’s brand new and I didn’t want to scratch things up. I’ve seen pictures of ATVs loaded side by side in the back but my tape measure says it’d be pretty tight as they both measure 48” wide. Any advice or experience here (good or bad) would be greatly appreciated.
Doughydman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 11:16 AM   #2

If it's tight, you're going to play hell turning them once in the TH. My initial though would be the wheel dollies also. Height shouldn't be a concern so if you don't like the hard plastic casters on the dollies you can easily make a set with rubber wheels. Off the cuff, it'd be relatively inexpensive and easy to do.

shrp
shrpshtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 03:34 PM   #3

you want to do both sideways? or just the second one? if both that will be hard with dollies as you would have to turn it at the top on the dollies then push it in.. then again for the next one.. that might be allot of work...

maybe install a removable winch up front put the atv on the dollies and then pull them in?

if you just want the second one use the winch to pull in the second one.
curver900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 06:45 PM   #4

Nice four wheeler choice. ours fit side by side in back as long as the beds/couches are up high on the happy jac. But the fold up couches mounted to the side walls presented a problem for us. We placed my 850 sportsman touring side ways using a ATV jack with wheels, but it was too much work. It is just so heavy.
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
atv loading