Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-24-2018, 05:01 PM   #1

big Bang now wall separating from side of tt

Not sure if these two items are related or not. I was using fuel station this weekend in my 2017 octane. Heard what sounded like a piece of plate steel being dropped so I went around to investigate (yell at the kids). When I went in I discovered the wall had separated from trailer at seam above where tank for fuel station is. Not sure how these could be related but it did happen at the time I was fueling. I was camped in a nice level spot with stabilizers down. Should I be worried about frame issues?
2018 Polaris Sportsman 570
Doughydman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 07:02 AM   #2

Yes, id be very concerned. Take pictures inside and outside, call your dealer today. Are you under warrenty or out? A structural issue like this shouldnt matter on a nearly new trailer, but it will.
JJaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 07:16 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJaxon View Post
Yes, id be very concerned. Take pictures inside and outside, call your dealer today. Are you under warrenty or out? A structural issue like this shouldnt matter on a nearly new trailer, but it will.
X2 and I would include contacting Jayco customer service. If they tell you to contact a dealer, request that they make a "ticket" for your call and ask if they would contact the dealer and ask how they will follow up with you. If they offer nothing (likely) and just send you off to dealer land, at least get the Jayco representative's name and direct line and update them on every step of your communication and transactions with the dealer. Do all that you can to mitigate "buck passing" between Jayco and the dealer. In all likelihood, this will be a matter of an under-built design flaw and/or poor assembly/execution in the plant (probably both). I would jump on something like this, for sure. Hopefully, you will receive excellent care from both parties. Keep us posted.
FeatherFam is offline   Reply With Quote