Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-16-2018, 12:47 PM   #1

Cargo bunk upper limit adjustment

Is there a way to adjust the upper limit on the cargo bunks? Currently on my bunk, when I raise both to the top limit I can not get the stow pins in on the drivers side of the top bunk unless I lower about 1/2" or more. If I do that I am not able to get the pins pins in on the passenger side unless I raise it some more. Of course if I go through all that to get the pins in, I have to go through the reverse procedure to pull them to be able to lower. I can't find anything in the literature to address adjustment.
Old 04-16-2018, 12:57 PM   #2

I actually push up on mine to get the pins in.
6 Speed Manual
farnik78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 03:33 PM   #3

I have the same issue and have to push up on one side about a 1/2". I did look at the upper limit switch however it appears to be in a fixed position and is non adjustable. This is on my list of "to do's" for further investigation this year. From what I see if the rails are not attached to the wall at exactly the same height one side or the other will not be even. It looks like it may be necessary to remove the limit switch and drill 2 new holes or elongate the existing ones either higher or lower depending on ones situation to correct the problem. Perhaps someone else has a fix already?
Wilsonbryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 05:40 PM   #4

Measurements on the rails checked out OK. I thought about just drilling two new holes for the pins on the drivers side but, would rather adjust if possible. I have to take it to the dealer next week for some other work so, if I can't fix it before then, I will see if they can do it under warranty.
Old 04-16-2018, 07:38 PM   #5

I had to lift mine into place as well on one side. I also drilled new holes down a few inches because I had the bedding wrap around the cross shaft one time as I pinned the upper and lowered the bottom bunk, that was a PITA to unwind......

Ross..
Old 04-20-2018, 10:45 PM   #6

Hi
Had the same problems took it back to the dealer, dealer says there’s no way to adjust it. I contacted happy jack and they sent a email with instructions. With pictures I’m going to try it this weekend
Rklingborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 11:02 AM   #7

I'm looking at drilling the holes about 9" lower. A little easier to get the back ones and it will allow the 3rd a/c to circulate alot better.
CHV_FRK is offline   Reply With Quote