Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-02-2024, 06:15 AM   #1

Considering purchasing a Seismic 4113

We are looking at the 4113 and we have numerous questions before we take the plunge.
To start, we have a Ford F450 diesel, so the truck is not an issue. We have a 41" 5th currently so the size isn't really a huge factor either (pun intended).

1. For those that own one, what are your likes and dislikes?

2. Is the 4113 situated for a stackable washer/dryer in terms of venting the dryer? I see this was a similar thread but am looking for pics - maybe?

3. We are looking at the queen bed to gain room on the door side of the bed. Anyone done similar?

4. Is there anything we need to consider before taking the plunge?

5. Suggestions on options are being solicited as well.

Thanks in advance!
Old_Salty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 12:54 PM   #2

We bought ours in late January. So far, we've been back to Elkhart (in February) to the MORryde facility and then we went to Ocean Lakes Myrtle Beach in early March.

Our last toy hauler (Vengeance 40D12) had the side patio. That's why we insisted our next one having the same. There's nothing like it; especially at the beach.

Although we like the floorplan, it is terrible if you like to access things with the slides retracted. You can't get to hardly anything unless the slides are out. But of course, accessing the garage and it's bathroom is easy.

Large storage area underneath.

One unexpected like is the window in the nose. It's great to look outside in the morning without even leaving the bed.

Bedroom is a little cramped and the King mattress is the primary reason. We have considered going to a Queen and I think trimming back the plywood underneath the mattress is the only modification needed.

I can't help you right now regarding the washer/dryer prep. We're not interested in a washer/dryer so I never pay much attention to it.

One thing we really wish it had is a dinette. It's just me and my wife and we like to have a nice meal at the table. Sure, you can put up the table in the garage but having the long couch in the living room is a waste for us. Sure would have liked a shorter couch and dinette.

Main slideout is a BAL Exact-Slide. Much better than the Accu-Slide.

Ours already had Dexter disc brakes from the factory. The MORryde trip was to have the Independent Suspension installed. It's nice. I also replaced the MORryde pin box with a Gen-Y.

Are we happy so far? Absolutely. The wife loves it. But it's far from the perfect RV. We are shooting for one trip per month this year. It may be an hour's drive away to our local state park that we really like. We also have three more Ocean Lakes trips reserved this year. We're trying to schedule at least two Gatlinburg trips as well.

As long as it stays reliable, we'll probably keep it quite awhile.
KFX450RXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 06:57 PM   #3

We have a 4113 - 2018 model - but largely the same unit other than jacks, bathroom, and windows.

1 - Not a fan of the huge slide - just waiting for it to break at some point as the rollers seem to struggle with the weight. I keep meaning to put some metal plate on the floor of the slide, as the rollers are making indentations in the floor. Keeping the slide mechanism lubed properly/regularly has really helped keep it working well.

2 - It isnt really designed for stackable W/D, as the drain location is in the middle of the floor/wall between the two doors in the garage. The setup is suited for a condensing unit, as there are not ready provisions for a dryer vent, unless you want to cut through the floor and run it underneath and out the side. Been through this, we have a condensing unit in our - works well, plus you dont have to move the clothes between units.

3 - our came with the queen, just enough room to get around, but that it about it. The bedroom in these are tight compared to other floorplans.

4 - get uprated tires, and X-factor cross braces or some such to keep the hangers in good condition. The tires really scrub hard in tight maneuvers. Also, get some additional items to help stabilize it. Anderson jack blocks, and these stabilizers - https://www.therockrvstabilizer.com/ - result in literally zero wiggle when set up. It is like walking in a house.
Our has the Norcold fridge, so had to spend time getting the baffling sorted out, and added some exhaust fans, so it would cool properly since it is in the slide. about $50 in stuff, huge improvement in fridge performance in the summer. If you get a compressor based unit, then ignore as it will be irrelevant.

Thing is a pain in traffic and to park, so def get side/rear cameras. The rear view is way more helpful than the backup camera in my opinion.

Def get the 3rd AC for the garage. Also, go through all the AC vents to ensure they are taped up correctly. I did this and it made a big difference in airflow and cooling performance.

For the bed in the garage, we used a truck motorcycle net across the space to keep the girls from falling out. fits great and keeps them safe up there when sleeping. takes 3 minutes to set up.

Be SURE to check the brakes. Our only had one axle working at delivery, so that was 'fun'.

Get two small oil filled radiant heaters for winter, similar to these - https://www.walmart.com/ip/KISSAIR-E...sRedirect=true -
One near each door keep the unit really comfy without having to run the furnace very much.

5 - We have used the external kitchen a lot, so would suggest it if you like to cook and watch a game outside, etc. Also if we had to do it again, would get the dual pane windows for the noise reduction aspects, in addition to the thermal bonus.

Prob forgetting some things.

Overall still really like the floorplan compared to anything else out there. Wife lives the kitchen, and the added basement space really helps.
atlantaM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 08:09 AM   #4

An update - we have ordered the 4113. After a lot of questions and answers (Thanks to all who helped with this!), we decided on the full body paint, 3rd AC, all AC's will have heat pumps (this is an option but you need to ask for it), the Overlander II solar package, residential refrigerator, TV in the cargo area, camera system, dual pane windows, queen bed, and the MoRryde suspension and brakes.

We have reasons for all the options and appreciate all the comments regarding them. Our camping is really a mix of long timing, short stays, full hookups, partial hookups, and boondocking. We also include family and friends on some some of our trips. Last summer, we put over 15,000 miles on during an extended trip that lasted most of the summer and early fall. Two of our children stayed two weeks with us on that trip. Next summer is another long trip.

We looked at quite a number of different brands before deciding on the Seismic - Fuzion, Momentum, Valor, etc. The Seismic checked the most boxes on what we wanted.

Now we wait...

BTW, we were at Ocean Lakes in early March this year as well. Too bad we didn't touch base earlier!
Old_Salty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 11:21 AM   #5

That's awesome. Sounds like it's going to be an amazing camper.

I wanted full-body paint but this one had all I wanted except the paint. But I had previously told my wife the only one I liked the look of without paint was the Seismic.

Keep us posted and we have to get pics when she arrives!
KFX450RXC is offline   Reply With Quote