Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-03-2017, 09:49 AM   #21

Front Jacks

We had an 06 HR Next Level 14700 lbs dry weight we replaced the front jacks at least three times.Some one suggested the triple axle puts extra stress on front jacks.Glad its gone like 16 Eagle 321 RSTS.Man that's scary seeing those pins shear off.
Attached Thumbnails
DTOP7.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:25 PM   #22

Seen your post on the landing gear and your note on using a grade 8 bolt as a back up. could you please tell me what size bolt you used and maybe a picture would be great. I have a very heavy Seismic 4212 and that always is on my mind.

Thanks,
George
bygeorge807@gmail.com
Old 07-17-2017, 03:41 PM   #23

George, I believe it is a 5/16" but will have to verify. I also plan on getting actual weights so I know the exact tongue weight as soon as we pull out of here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drdontx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 04:05 PM   #24

Disaster! Landing gear pull pin sheared while leveling.

I'm on my second Seismic. 2014 was a nightmare and ground control never worked on it. Front jacks failed. Stranded before a two week vacation. Jayco overnighted parts for it.

My 2016 leveled within 1.5 degrees acceptably when new last year until Fall and it went downhill and getting out of stroke again. Replaced sensor and controller and still having problems. Back curb side rear when low on curb side just wants to grind away and jack the heck out of the back corner until it amps out. Three group 27 AGMs fully charged. When it fails, voltage at the battery drops .3-.4 volts from 12.8 down to 12.4 at the lowest. Not a power issue. I'm convinced it's the jacks wearing over time with higher than designed loads and the sensors are temperamental to voltage drops and have failure plagued with them. If you keep the rig just order s pallet of jacks and replace them every year! I still think a case can be made for a class suit, solely based on weight specs of the ground control system and weight of the Seismics. I'm still toying with dumping money into the Bigfoot system. 5500$ probably. I've put off because a part of me refuses. Then when at the camp sight and get out of stroke and have to put my 19000 pound toy hauler on the Mickey Mouse Lego blocks undur the wheel to get it close to level for the system to work, I'm ready to throw my money at them. Last time this couple next door with a bumper pull just sat and watched me the whole time. I'm sure they were amused. Had to re hitch it to get the big pre school Lego blocks under the low side. Meanwhile Mr. Fusion three doors down has a scotch and smoke while he presses auto level on his hydraulic system.

So here I am three years later and singing the same tune. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Warranty up in October. I think Spring I'll be making the investment when it comes out of storage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
P25ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 06:39 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdontx View Post
George, I believe it is a 5/16" but will have to verify. I also plan on getting actual weights so I know the exact tongue weight as soon as we pull out of here.

Compare that to the lift capacity of the actuators by part #. You won't be surprised.

Old 07-18-2017, 09:38 PM   #26

What do you mean by I won't be surprised?

Old 07-19-2017, 08:27 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgerere View Post
Seen your post on the landing gear and your note on using a grade 8 bolt as a back up. could you please tell me what size bolt you used and maybe a picture would be great. I have a very heavy Seismic 4212 and that always is on my mind.

Thanks,

George

bygeorge807@gmail.com

George, it is a 3/8" bolt.

Don

Old 07-19-2017, 11:40 AM   #28

drdontx,
Thanks, That is what I purchased. Seems like the safest solution.
Old 07-19-2017, 11:42 AM   #29

The only reason I can think of, for cheap leveling pins, besides cost savings, is that they are intended to operate as a shear Pin of sorts--fail there instead of forcing an overloaded jack up into the trailer. Not exactly the safest idea though.

Old 07-19-2017, 11:52 AM   #30

I wonder if anyone makes a grade 8 for the original spring loads.
Old 07-19-2017, 12:01 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by P25ct View Post
I'm on my second Seismic. 2014 was a nightmare and ground control never worked on it. Front jacks failed. Stranded before a two week vacation. Jayco overnighted parts for it.

My 2016 leveled within 1.5 degrees acceptably when new last year until Fall and it went downhill and getting out of stroke again. Replaced sensor and controller and still having problems. Back curb side rear when low on curb side just wants to grind away and jack the heck out of the back corner until it amps out. Three group 27 AGMs fully charged. When it fails, voltage at the battery drops .3-.4 volts from 12.8 down to 12.4 at the lowest. Not a power issue. I'm convinced it's the jacks wearing over time with higher than designed loads and the sensors are temperamental to voltage drops and have failure plagued with them. If you keep the rig just order s pallet of jacks and replace them every year! I still think a case can be made for a class suit, solely based on weight specs of the ground control system and weight of the Seismics. I'm still toying with dumping money into the Bigfoot system. 5500$ probably. I've put off because a part of me refuses. Then when at the camp sight and get out of stroke and have to put my 19000 pound toy hauler on the Mickey Mouse Lego blocks undur the wheel to get it close to level for the system to work, I'm ready to throw my money at them. Last time this couple next door with a bumper pull just sat and watched me the whole time. I'm sure they were amused. Had to re hitch it to get the big pre school Lego blocks under the low side. Meanwhile Mr. Fusion three doors down has a scotch and smoke while he presses auto level on his hydraulic system.

So here I am three years later and singing the same tune. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Warranty up in October. I think Spring I'll be making the investment when it comes out of storage.

I'm so sick of the leveling. Same problem, out of stroke, and mid jacks don't come down. To top it off, if I try to isolate the jacks, it lowers the wrong one. It's like they are backwards. If I get it under 1 degree, I'll accept. I hope to get it under .5. It messes with everything and has started to take its toll on the living room slide. The door frames are also separating. We also had the landing gear pins fail and cause it to crash to the ground. The system flat out sucks.

Heath_Hambone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 12:32 PM   #32

We watched a toy hauler unhook at a local park a couple months ago. One leg broke off and the unit almost tipped over. It was still hooked up as it was in the process of auto leveling and he had to shut it off immediately. he was able to get it manually level but had to stay hooked to his truck for two days at the park until an rv technician got the correct parts out to the campground and fixed it. Someone enlighten me. I have a Jayco 5th wheel and have always been concerned about the front landing legs. My pull pins look in good shape where I drop the legs down to unhook. Could these just break and this thing drop to the ground??? That makes me not want to walk underneath it any more! Is there a built in safety feature???

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 12:41 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by P25ct View Post

Yes, it is insanity...........
1. Jayco is at fault for specifying any Electric Ground Control system 2.0 or 3.0! In talking to Lippert they never endorsed it use on the Seismic, Jayco uses it for cost reasons all their own. The rest of the industry uses a Hydraulic systems ie Lippert or Big foot.
2. Jayco only wants to source one (1) leveling system for fifth wheels. Therefore we Seismic owners get an underrated issue prone system that doesn't work on 20,000 # rated fivers. Works with issues on Eagles and Northpoints but not on the heavy Seismics's
3. Since Thor now owns Jayco warranty issues resolutions have become an automatic denial, used to be the dealer had some influence on Jayco, Those days are gone forever.
4. We have replaced both front landing gears on our unit in 2 years, it was in shop in May for same issue however Jayco denied claim. 3 weeks later the right landing gear failed again. Jayco is denying claim due to 4 weeks out of warranty. No good will here...........we have sheared pins and issue of leveling failures continues.
5 Grand Design here I come...........
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...albums843.html Check this out.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-34672-3.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 02:47 AM   #34

I realize this was an older post
But one of mine sheared too

Not as drastic as yours
That sounded like some scary stuff

Mine sheared and went to one side and I was already undeveloped to a slight degree and it rocked to one side , I guess couldn't flipped on its side

So from now on everyone is clear from all angles and sides

And try to use remote to level up now
Doctortadpole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 10:40 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctortadpole View Post

Not as drastic as yours

Mine sheared and went to one side and I was already undeveloped to a slight degree and it rocked to one side , I guess couldn't flipped on its side

When there is a fatality they will take notice!What camper do you have? And what about the plastic bushings failures on the Moryde 3000 suspension.DANGEROUS STUFF!
Attached Thumbnails
Cactus 011.jpg  
Old 08-04-2017, 11:17 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
When there is a fatality they will take notice!What camper do you have? And what about the plastic bushings failures on the Moryde 3000 suspension.DANGEROUS STUFF!
Those plastic bushings are a JOKE, they without my approval replaced them under warranty after this on road disaster:
Attached Thumbnails
20170221_171324233_iOS.jpg  
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...albums843.html Check this out.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-34672-3.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 11:22 AM   #37

How old was your camper when they broke?My 16 Eagle we have had 21 months.When you unhook or auto level they make an awful metal grinding on metal sound!
Old 08-04-2017, 11:52 AM   #38

Leaf Spring Mount Sheared Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loboclone View Post
Those plastic bushings are a JOKE, they without my approval replaced them under warranty after this on road disaster:
Loboclone,

The right rear mounting bracket sheared off on my '16 Seismic just like yours. I had it repaired and beefed up so that it won't happen again, on that bracket. Still unsure of the cause.

Don
Old 08-07-2017, 12:15 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctortadpole View Post

Not as drastic as yours

Good luck with the leveling. I'm happy with anything under 0.5. I use a drill to manually lower the mid jacks. I hate this leveling system.

Heath_Hambone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 06:54 PM   #40

Can you guys confirm that the bolt to add as a precaution is a Grade 8- 3/8" at 3 or 4" in length? Thanks.