Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-24-2018, 05:31 AM   #1

Electrical Arcing- outlet on Seismic 4113

Has anyone had problems with electrical arcing inside the receptacle by their Nautilus P1 water valve system? We encountered several plumbing issues in the rear of the Nautilus P1 valve set so we moved around the thin panel thats beside it that supports an electric outlet to gain access to the plumbing. The electrical outlet has three wires going into it that are squeezed into 'V' type terminals. Because we disturbed or moved the electrical outlet it started arcing inside and would cut out power at times as well. Now electricity is not my expertise but it seemed to me that three wires squeezed into this type of RV electrical outlet would be too much. From my point of view the receptacle should not have more than two wires squeezed into these 'V' type terminals. I could not get three wires to fit into the terminals properly and didn't feel good about this so I swapped out the electrical outlet with a regular house type. I believe we are lucky that the rig didn't burn down. Can someone with some greater knowledge on this issue please comment?
Jethro is offline   Reply With Quote