Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-06-2017, 08:43 AM   #11

Interesting update

Long story but, when we did our walkthrough, we found that the stickers were on upside down on the inside of the fuel station door. We also found it weird that it didn't have a catch to hold the door open for use. We even called Jayco and asked if it was supposed to have a catch. They said "no."

We were watching videos from other dealers to try to figure out how to do the winterizing.

We noticed on one of the videos that the fuel station door flips down, not up.

AAAAHHHH. There is the problem. It wasn't the stickers that were upside down. It was the door itself. It is supposed to flip down. Ha.

Octane2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 08:05 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by theracqueteer View Post
I put (fresh) five gallons in my station 3 days ago and pumped it out today just to make sure everything worked OK, which it did. I also got the dark fuel for about the first quart. This is not enough time for the ethanol to react. My question is does the gas come out this way every time or just the first time the system is used?
they sell fuel filters that would be a good investment. It would at least remove the particulate matter so you don't clog up your toys... and a filter change once a year...

curver900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 09:18 AM   #13

Would it go inline with the fuel hose to the nozzle or what?
Old 11-08-2017, 09:55 AM   #14

The tank on my Attitude I had for 8 years did this also. My friends Ragen does this also. We just pour it on the big logs and let it burn, about a half a cup.

2018 Jay Flight SLX 212qbw
2007 Tundra Crewmax 4x4
Bilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 02:53 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane2Go View Post
Would it go inline with the fuel hose to the nozzle or what?
I would think something like this would work great...

https://www.amazon.com/Fill-Rite-120...er+pump+filter

my old Allis Chalmers has a glass bowl that collects all the particulates
Old 11-08-2017, 03:19 PM   #16
DAD

I had 2 Raptor toy haulers Same thing on the first one Chinese hose , not on the second one, Goodyear hose.
DAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 06:33 PM   #17

Ethanol, like any alcohol, absorbs water from the air.
At a certain point, something called Phase Separation happens, and you get the sludge at the bottom of the tank, which is water and ethanol... and often a layer of pure water.

Using "RV" fuel will help... it has no ethanol, but costs more.... and, in some states, still includes another, older additive called MTBE. If that mixes with regular, ethanol-enhanced gas, the result is the famous brown goo...

A water separator, as used on diesel fuel systems, may help.
WeRJuliian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 03:23 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeRJuliian View Post
Ethanol, like any alcohol, absorbs water from the air.
At a certain point, something called Phase Separation happens, and you get the sludge at the bottom of the tank, which is water and ethanol... and often a layer of pure water.

Using "RV" fuel will help... it has no ethanol, but costs more.... and, in some states, still includes another, older additive called MTBE. If that mixes with regular, ethanol-enhanced gas, the result is the famous brown goo...

A water separator, as used on diesel fuel systems, may help.
MTBE is no longer available anywhere hasn't been for over 5 years IIRC.. if you have/had MTBE and you used ethanol you had problems.. a lot of boat motors did not fair well with that mixture... Thank the EPA...

It would be odd to have the separation unless the fuel was over 12 months old...

I would agree it sound like something that could be related to the hose... I am sure a good gates hose will cost, but would probably fix your issue...
Old 11-14-2017, 06:13 PM   #19

How long is too long

What do you think about winter storage, leave fuel in it? It would probably be bad come April. I could just pump it all out in April and replace. Where do you get rid of bad gas?
Old 11-15-2017, 08:00 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane2Go View Post
What do you think about winter storage, leave fuel in it? It would probably be bad come April. I could just pump it all out in April and replace. Where do you get rid of bad gas?
if it is ethanol based then put it in your car in the fall....

if it is pure gas just put in some stabilizer and call it a day.. even ethanol gas with stabilizer will be just fine for 6 months.. but if you have OCD then just put it in your car and put in all fresh with stabilizer in the spring...

My generator is running on what I am sure is not less than 12 month old PO gas just fine..

We have pure gas here in MN so I use that in all my toys.