Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-24-2019, 06:22 PM   #21

I used my fuel station for the first time today, and also found the whole assembly down there corroded, caked with salt and mud from the mesh grating the cabinet is built inside. I also didn't realize how exposed it is to crap kicked up from the trailer wheels. Whomever mentioned putting a plastic bag over the nozzle, that's probably a good idea.

That being said, it all worked, but the first 2 gallons or so had an orange tint to it, likely from rust in the tank. I'm not sure how much damage that will now cause to my bike, but at the very least the fuel filter is sure going to get a workout. it was treated fuel, only a couple months old, so that's not a concern.

But yeah... Open that door up now and again to hose out the gunk. It's only 6 months old and looked like it had been sitting there since WWII.
ChaosTheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 06:43 PM   #22

+1. I only drove mine home 4hrs away, but it was spring and wet and muddy. The fuel station was clogged with dirt. The loose nozzle in the compartment had so much mud in it I had to use a gun barrel cleaner to ream the dirt out. I printed out a nozzle cover for it, but it needs a "holster" to keep it clean.
Random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 07:02 PM   #23

i also put a old rubber car mat down in the hose compartment, just trimmed it to fit.. helps keep out the road gunk, rain etc...
StarstrucK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 05:52 AM   #24

All good points! I need to check mine out! I filled mine shortly after purchasing out talon in November. I use it for generator a few hours most weekend while messing around in camper. (I figure I got the generator for a reason, so I use it without worry of hours. I'll just keep a maintenance record for it.) But I never tried the pump handle.
And for those under warranty, u can contact jayco and file a claim yourself or have an local mobile guy come out and file it for u. If it's just a replacement item and u can do urself u may go that route. And just an FYI, once u get ur claim approved throu jayco, the dealer only has so much time to get the job done. We take our camper in to get looked at and approved. And bring back once parts come in. I only leave camper ONE week at a time. There is always a way. U just need to speak to these dealers and offer up suggestions to get ur way. Just try and be nice
Brooksb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 06:00 AM   #25

Has anyone changed out their caps for the locking caps?
2010 Ram 3500 4x4 long bed crew cab
2003 Royal Star Venture 1300cc
MontyRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 07:04 AM   #26

Have 222SL with a fuel station.
I haven’t had an issue with it,so far. That said I have gotten several ideas about preventative maintenance from this thread. Thanks.
The only issue I have had is external ........Squirrels ...... they ate a hole in the rubber supply line between tank and pump 3 different places.(and the rubber propane supply line) I store my TH at my house on a cement pad.
I got some SS braided sheath from amazon and covered both hoses.

1992-2010 Jayco 1401 93 GMC Sub
2018-20?? 2019 Jayco Octane 222SL 18 Silverado 1500
Gogrampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 07:24 AM   #27

Anyone else have problems with the door hinge for the fuel station? Mine gets sand in it’s almost impossible to get out. It’s gotten so bad I almost can’t close the door.
6 Speed Manual
farnik78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 06:08 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyRV View Post
Has anyone changed out their caps for the locking caps?

Yes i changed to a locking gas cap. not to keep people from stealing gas, but to keep people or little kids from putting contaminents into my gas tank.
the cap i got fits great, but i think its not vented, but may need to be. purchased it at auto zone, took my old one in with me to figure out which one would fit.
parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 12:38 AM   #29

You All are lucky. My brand new Seismic 4116s fuel pump was plumbed backwards YES backwards! How I figured it out, I slid under the unit removed the supply hose from the tank and the pump. I tried the blow in the hose trick no luck so I got my air powered oil vacuum pump and hooked it up, out comes the gas I'm thinking good a one way safety check valve was stuck. Hose reinstall still no pump, so I removed the hose again to check pump vacuum turned on pump no sucking pulled the handle on the nozzle and wow this blows. Pump is running backwards! Removed pump from its little hole, the pump even has arrows pointing the way it flows! Idiots plumbed it backwards thay even made a special box for it (looked in the om the picture shows the pump in the middle of the box, suction hose in the bottom discharge out the top). Mine was as far to the rear as it could go, the hole in the expanded mettle in the rear. A little funageling and a couple of 3/4 street elbows fixed.
P.S. I also installed a fuel filter (from Napa) on the suction line.
I still have to address the three hour fill time
Destrtman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel station