Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-26-2019, 07:18 PM   #1

Grey water stink

Ok, so a buddy with a 2018 seismic had some stink after returning from a trip. Took us a while to figure it out, but we found the vent caps where allowing smell. He has now replaced all bit still gets an occasional smell.
My issue, on the other hand, is only after doing the dishes in the sink before leaving our trailer. For the last 2 weeks we have had a big smell just after doing the dishes. Our main sink dumps into our smaller second grey tank. So that tank never gets over half a tank. And that's after doing the dishes. I've checked the vent. Seems to be working properly. And I even use tank deodorant....
Anybody else had any issues?
Btw, I have a 2018 talon 413t
Brooksb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 07:26 PM   #2

My Rv has a Studor Vent under the sink. It has a flapper that is supposedly set to only allow air into the pipe and not out into the camper. They can be replaced, not even really sure you need them for the tiny sink in mine.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 07:29 PM   #3

We use 2 cups of Pinesol in our 20 gallon grey water tank and works great as we too were having odor problems. Buy it at Family Dollar. A dollar for a big bottle of it. Works to keep dump valves working smoothly as well.
Chet & Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 08:11 PM   #4

My buddy replaced all 3 of his.
I pulled mine off and tried blowing up throu it but couldn't. that really stunk things up doing that!
But mine only happens when we run water down the kitchen sink doing dishes. Sum fabreez usually takes care of it. Just trying to figure out what is causing it....
I wait for the dishes then dump. But always get the smell first....
Old 08-28-2019, 07:46 PM   #5

Mine was stinking all the time...from the kitchen sink... come to find out my pipe going into my tank had broken off 🙄. It was pooling and slowly dripping out the under belly.
Old 08-29-2019, 07:57 AM   #6

Thanks for all the info. My trailer goes in after the holiday weekend for sum warranty work and a couple upgrades. I've spoken with the dealer and they are to check this smell issue out as well.