Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-16-2019, 10:58 AM   #1

Heater switch?

So I have looked at the manual, talked to the dealer and I think I got this figured out but wanted to ask the community. I have the Talon 313T 2018 and there is a switch under the bathroom sink. I had asked the dealer what it went to and they came back with " Its for the water pump". When I flipped it on, nothing happens. The manual says there "may be a switch in the command center or under the sink and that it is for the 12 heaters on the lines? So first off is it a heater the warms the lines under the RV to keep them from freezing? Is there a length of time as to when run them to prevent damage from overheating? Supposedly there are heaters for the tanks too and they run off the 110 system, but I didn't see any switches to turn them on or off.
PistonSlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 11:11 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistonSlap View Post
So I have looked at the manual, talked to the dealer and I think I got this figured out but wanted to ask the community. I have the Talon 313T 2018 and there is a switch under the bathroom sink. I had asked the dealer what it went to and they came back with " Its for the water pump". When I flipped it on, nothing happens. The manual says there "may be a switch in the command center or under the sink and that it is for the 12 heaters on the lines? So first off is it a heater the warms the lines under the RV to keep them from freezing? Is there a length of time as to when run them to prevent damage from overheating? Supposedly there are heaters for the tanks too and they run off the 110 system, but I didn't see any switches to turn them on or off.
Does the Talon have an extreme weather pkg? Tank heaters etc? If so ours is not under the sink and is labeled as extreme weather on the panel .It runs on 12 volt system with thermostats. We have only used when it got near 0 degrees. I have no idea what you have under the sink?
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...albums843.html Check this out.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-34672-3.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 11:25 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loboclone View Post
Does the Talon have an extreme weather pkg? Tank heaters etc? If so ours is not under the sink and is labeled as extreme weather on the panel .It runs on 12 volt system with thermostats. We have only used when it got near 0 degrees. I have no idea what you have under the sink?
The outside shows to have the 4 season package and the Canada weather package. I will go snap a picture of the switch and the command panel. I was just reading the owners manual again. It would be nice if they came with a build list just like a car did when purchased new.
Old 02-16-2019, 11:44 AM   #4

Here are some pictures
Attached Thumbnails
20190216_102909.jpg   20190216_102821.jpg   20190216_102955.jpg  
Old 02-16-2019, 11:54 AM   #5

I have a 413t. I also have a switch like that in the cabinet next to my command center. It's for the tank and water line heaters for extreme weather package. It lights when I switch it on. But didnt till I added a fuse, #18 I think, that it seems the factory forgot. I also have a plug in a lower cabinet by the garage that has some plugs plugged into it. That is also connected to the lighted switch in the cabinet.
Brooksb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 12:04 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooksb View Post
I have a 413t. I also have a switch like that in the cabinet next to my command center. It's for the tank and water line heaters for extreme weather package. It lights when I switch it on. But didnt till I added a fuse, #18 I think, that it seems the factory forgot. I also have a plug in a lower cabinet by the garage that has some plugs plugged into it. That is also connected to the lighted switch in the cabinet.
I will head on out and take a look. It would be nice it all these switches were labeled
Old 02-16-2019, 07:59 PM   #7

So I found the problem. The switch was not plugged in. One of the legs was popped off. The other question I have is on the 110 heated tanks. Is there an on-off switch for that or is that automatically controlled?
Attached Thumbnails
20190216_131817.jpg  
Old 02-16-2019, 08:01 PM   #8

Quote:
I will head on out and take a look. It would be nice it all these switches were labeled
The fuse was installed. I accidentally let the smoke out when my test probe slipped
Old 02-16-2019, 09:04 PM   #9

Quote:
The fuse was installed. I accidentally let the smoke out when my test probe slipped

I hate it when that happens!
Johnny Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 11:25 AM   #10

Quote:
So I found the problem. The switch was not plugged in. One of the legs was popped off. The other question I have is on the 110 heated tanks. Is there an on-off switch for that or is that automatically controlled?
That is a what we call an extreme weather pkg. I will post the sell sheet for you.
Better yet here is thread from 2015:
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...tml#post331460
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...albums843.html Check this out.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-34672-3.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 11:32 AM   #11

Speaking of switches does anyone know how I could get a, on at all times lighted switch, for the interior lights. I know, no labels on the switches is bad but at least I could find the switch in the dark. I am sure the switch would use less power than the lighted usb charging ports.
It should be just an exchange for the present switch.

On my new Octane, I just took the door off the power panel.
putz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 07:22 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by putz View Post
Speaking of switches does anyone know how I could get a, on at all times lighted switch, for the interior lights. I know, no labels on the switches is bad but at least I could find the switch in the dark. I am sure the switch would use less power than the lighted usb charging ports.
It should be just an exchange for the present switch.

On my new Octane, I just took the door off the power panel.

Maybe a lit switch that is wired to light when turned off?