Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-14-2021, 12:49 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzman1961 View Post
Hollander -
I was thinking of using a CPVC threaded 1/2 fitting to hot water tank, then connect a 1/4 turn CPVC ball valve to the other end if I can find both ends threaded. If not, I would have to glue piece of pipe and fitting to allow me to connect ball valve.
Think that will work?
What is wrong with nylon fitting? See my attachment, this is what I would like to use
Any other suggestions are welcome
Thanks
Dean
Nylon seems it would work.

I have a 1/2" close CPVC nipple threaded into my heater, the other end into a SS flexible water line. On the open end I threaded a brass pipe-to-garden hose adapter, attached a brass garden hose cutoff, and threaded a short brass spout, actually a femaie replacement garden hose end, to the end. It works very well and tucks in right along the bottom of the water heater cutout. I used teflon tape on metal-to-metal thread connections.

Previously I had a plastic cutoff valve, but after a year it couldn't take the heat so I'm trying brass now.

Sometime I need to figure out how to download photos. I hear they are worth a thousand words and this probably poves that point.

Best wishes for a sucessful project and some great camping ahead!
Hollander Mutthaulers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 09:13 AM   #42

I feel the blow out protection reason for the plastic cap is BS. That is what the rv is for. How many other items have redundant safety items in the camper, that are not required by regulations? They save xx using plastic over brass. I put a brass cap on mine, not being worried about galvanic corrosion. I do like adding a valve and will most likely do this in the future.

https://trianglefastener.com/ckfinde.../files/252.pdf
2012 Jayco 32 BHDS: Long Gone
2007 R-Vision 25: Long Long Gone
1965 Frolic Cabover: My First RV
Bugzilla46310 is offline   Reply With Quote