Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-09-2016, 02:44 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowpokeS3R View Post
https://goo.gl/photos/p15ud14somRcfQrj9

This is such an awesome setup. Spring assist airbags...just helps the truck ride better...

https://goo.gl/photos/NXE9pDVh6ArpHAhD9

Hey man nice job. Are those the Firestone? I need to get a pair on my truck, don't need the on board compressor just a fill port. Did you put one port for both or one port for each side? How easy was install? They say bolt on, but sometimes we k ow how that goes

Nice!
P25ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 02:56 PM   #62

Just got a New to us 2008 Octane. Just pulled it in the drive way and basking in it's glory! Trying to sell our beloved starter toy hauler, a Gulf Stream Track and Trail. Hello all!
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 05:04 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
Just got a New to us 2008 Octane. Just pulled it in the drive way and basking in it's glory! Trying to sell our beloved starter toy hauler, a Gulf Stream Track and Trail. Hello all!

Welcome Aboard!!! We Jayco TH owners are a unique and small group. Fire off any questions you may have.
P25ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 09:49 AM   #64

Send a message via MSN to SlowpokeS3R Send a message via Yahoo to SlowpokeS3R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle Tim View Post
Picked up our new 355W back in April. Have a couple short trips in so far. This is our third toyhauler, first Jayco.
Really like it so far. Some minor issues, it's in the shop right now getting them fixed. Have a week long trip planned week after next. And plenty of trips for the rest of the year.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/at...1&d=1465432515
After only one use, I had to get some warrantee work done. Seems the floor could be a little more durable. Anyone experience this before. I have a 2013 Victory Vision and a 2009 Yamaha FZ1. Also lost the latch mechanism on my sewage hose storage door while riding down the highway. Only other issue is with the electric heating ability of my hot water heater. It would not get hot at all. Grey and Black water storage tank level indicators on the blink also. Even after a good flush of the tank.

https://goo.gl/photos/CTYBjRSbiZAPGJGc7
SlowpokeS3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 10:07 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle Tim View Post
Picked up our new 355W back in April. Have a couple short trips in so far. This is our third toyhauler, first Jayco.
Really like it so far. Some minor issues, it's in the shop right now getting them fixed. Have a week long trip planned week after next. And plenty of trips for the rest of the year.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/at...1&d=1465432515
After only one use, I had to get some warrantee work done. Seems the floor could be a little more durable. Anyone experience this before? I have a 2013 Victory Vision and a 2009 Yamaha FZ1. Also lost the latch mechanism on my sewage hose storage door while riding down the highway. Only other issue is with the electric heating ability of my hot water heater. It would not get hot at all. Grey and Black water storage tank level indicators on the blink also. Even after a good flush of the tank.
Old 06-20-2016, 10:10 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by P25ct View Post
Hey man nice job. Are those the Firestone? I need to get a pair on my truck, don't need the on board compressor just a fill port. Did you put one port for both or one port for each side? How easy was install? They say bolt on, but sometimes we k ow how that goes

Nice!
Yes, these are Firestone. I went to Amazon and got the splitter so that I could fill both airbags with one nozzle. Better angle:

https://goo.gl/photos/YGawQqWkv9dVh3FS7
Old 06-21-2016, 07:15 AM   #67

Quote:
Welcome Aboard!!! We Jayco TH owners are a unique and small group. Fire off any questions you may have.
Thank you!
Old 06-21-2016, 07:27 AM   #68

Quote:

Nice!
I added the splitter which allows me to pump up both sides at once!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 06-30-2016, 11:39 PM   #69
Tik

Wife and I bought a 2016 T30F and love it so far. It has 16 feet of garage space and we haul a Arctic Cat Wildcat 1000 side by side in it.

Not really any issues yet besides small things. Had to repair cabinet hinge as they over torqued at the factory and stripped the screw. Couple of toothpicks in it is a trick to get the screw to grab.

Just discovered how long the fridge takes to cool when it's hot out. Thought something was wrong but it's been 100 here so after cooling trailer a bit with AC and time running on shore power it's working fine.

Last issue is when checking the fuses in the panel for the fridge the screws pulled away from the thin panel it's mounted to. Think I will put some small pine blocks behind to screw into.

Discovering the weight balance formula now towing in the wind. Need to make some adjustments on loading the Cat and weight distribution hitch to fine tune.

Otherwise any complaints are minor and we love it.
Tik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 07:27 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
We have taken our Octane out for a 4 day trip and it was awesome! Increased living space, and more comfortable beds for the kids and my MIL made every one happy. Everything worked! So far so good! Everything seemed solid, well made, and durable. I am just loving the happy jac bed/couch system! And we sold our Track and Trail. That is a relief. We never buy without first selling the old "whatever". Made us both nervous.
Old 07-01-2016, 07:33 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowpokeS3R View Post
After only one use, I had to get some warrantee work done. Seems the floor could be a little more durable. Anyone experience this before. I have a 2013 Victory Vision and a 2009 Yamaha FZ1. Also lost the latch mechanism on my sewage hose storage door while riding down the highway. Only other issue is with the electric heating ability of my hot water heater. It would not get hot at all. Grey and Black water storage tank level indicators on the blink also. Even after a good flush of the tank.

https://goo.gl/photos/CTYBjRSbiZAPGJGc7

Sure is a beautiful toy hauler. That is nutso about the flooring though. I wondered how that pretty stuff would hold up compared to the garage type flooring used in the past.
Old 07-07-2016, 01:29 PM   #72

Well, I found a solution to my concerns at Lowes. They have the connecting pvc matting at lowes that I will now put under my bike before I load it. That could do the trick!
Old 07-07-2016, 01:56 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by farnik78 View Post
Just got a 2015 Octane T31B
Congratulations! I have one as well. So what truck do you pull it with? I have one too. I have had it out twice and my 2015 Silverado 1500, with 6.2l, 8 spd tranny and max trailer package has no problem getting her down the road and up the hill.
Old 07-17-2016, 12:53 PM   #74

I wanted to say hi to the TH group! I am a proud owner of a Jayco 273SL as of June 16th, 2016!! I’ve been reading several threads on here for the last week or so, but felt it time to say hello. I’ll post my new owner experience in another message.
Jimmerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 03:59 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmerz View Post
I wanted to say hi to the TH group! I am a proud owner of a Jayco 273SL as of June 16th, 2016!! I’ve been reading several threads on here for the last week or so, but felt it time to say hello. I’ll post my new owner experience in another message.
WELCOME,,,,,, I wish I had that trailer. I hope I can get out of my jayco reasonable in jan,feb time frame for a bigger unit .... Have Fun in your 273 and congrats !!
Old 07-17-2016, 07:27 PM   #76

I love my Jayco...

https://goo.gl/photos/w88BF9rF1UR8TPJ97
https://goo.gl/photos/wEZPx5i8kmY5HiR89
https://goo.gl/photos/Q7jAds4uLkMEDYT4A
https://goo.gl/photos/E5DhGxM3QjAvp5jr8
Old 07-25-2016, 11:27 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabMan View Post
Have a Octane T29A, haul a Harley Dresser and 2 Labrador Retrievers. When son and daughter-in-law with us, 2 Harley dressers and 3 Labs. Love it. Went with 29 over 26 for larger bathroom and more kitchen space (keep wife happy). Only downside is gas mileage, it is a large barn wall going into any headwind.
What do you tow it with?
drb1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 09:46 AM   #78
Tik

I tow my T30F with a 2014 F350 Diesel. Days with no wind I get 11-11.5 mpg, and on a recent windy trip home ended up getting 8.5-9 mpg based upon the mileage meter.

Truck pulls it fine but it is not fun in high wind. I added a second anti-sway bar to the Husky hitch and it seems to have helped a ton. Also changed the way I load my side by side and now back it in putting more weight over the axles instead of hanging off the back.

Couldn't be happier with the camper itself, very few problems and all minor that I've fixed myself. Only one that still has me stumped is the black tank guage reads 2/3 full so something is caught on the sensor. Next trip I'll do the ice cube trick to see if I can break it loose.
Tik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 03:21 PM   #79

I am looking to buy a 2017 273. You have had yours about a year. What do you think of it? Issues/complaints?
Octane2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 03:23 PM   #80

Black tank stuck on 2/3. Do the "ice cube" trick? What is that?
Octane2Go is offline   Reply With Quote