Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-02-2019, 07:07 AM   #1

If the cable company can do it...

We just dropped off our new 2019 Talon to get some simple items fixed and I had a discussion with the service rep.

I explained that when we picked our trailer up not two weeks ago, I found it odd that the person that did our PDI with us didn't bother to take off their shoes as both my wife and I did.

I explained that this is a home to us and if a service person came into our home I would expect them to either remove their shoes or wear booties like most service companies do. I explained that, I doubt they keep track of where they were just walking in the shop and all the nails, screws, fluids, etc. that they were walking through so, they had no idea what they were tracking into our home.

Call it what you want. I call it respect for someone else's property.

The service tech simply said "Oh yeah, they don't do that." My wife and I stood in the kitchen looking at her while she then proceeded to walk back into the area with her shoes on.

Today I will be speaking with management to let them know, not to bother doing any of the work in the carpeted areas. We will take our business somewhere else where they respect our property.
Octane2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 07:51 AM   #2

They have the carpet protection plastic that they put on to take to show. Require them to place on floors and leave for u to take off for repairs. Or place it down urself. Should be easy and inexpensive to do. And u should find a place that will do what u ask first before, in their minds, become that customer. in the rv industry they already feel that we need them more than we need u. And customer service isnt the same as a company entering ur sticks and bricks that knows u have hundreds of options on service.
I agree with u, just hoping to give a different prospective.
Brooksb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 10:13 PM   #3

did you buy your trailer at the factory or at a dealer.if at a dealer iam sure a whole bunch of people have walked in your new home and even laid on your bed and stood in the shower all with their shoes on. so the PDI person problably didn't think about it. but now that you are the owner you could ask for any future service work for them to wear booties.
tileguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 02:00 PM   #4

Factory order

Yep, all new. We actually brought this up when we did our PDI as the guy walked into it with his dirty shoes.

The issue is really simple.

The people that they have doing this really have no respect or any idea of the value of these items to us.

You have to defend and speak up.

I made a stink about it and they "noted my file" that any time they work on my trailer they have to wear booties in it.

I am amazed that they would have to tell someone this. I guess that is the world we live in. :-)
Old 10-09-2019, 02:11 PM   #5

"When you pay peanuts, you get monkeys" John Goldsmith
1996 Viking Pop-up
1979 Coleman 8 man cabin tent
1967 G.I Joe (hasbro) canvas pup tent
THE MEEKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 12:05 PM   #6

Not gonna happen. OSHA standards require them to wear proper foot protection when on the job.

2019 SuperDuty CCSB 6.2 Gasser 4X4
2019 Jayco Octane 222 SL
2016 HD Dyna S and 2019 HD Softail Slim
AmericanBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 12:11 PM   #7

It's OK now

They just wear booties. I just find it remarkable that you have to ask them to before they walk into your new home that you paid a few dollars for.