Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-09-2019, 08:00 AM   #1

If you are new, or having issues, please read this!

No intent here of going through all the frustration we have been through for the past three months trying to get all the issues fixed with our new 2019 Talon.

The message here is simply this:

Even as you work with your dealer, you MUST work with Jayco. From day one, I started an email chain with Jayco at Service at Jayco dot com. I simply put trailer status in the subject line with the last eight of my VIN.

I then listed all the issues found with the trailer, even though we hadn't picked it up yet as the dealer was going to rectify all of them.

The trailer has been at the shop most of the three months that we have had it.

As we worked with getting these things corrected, I constantly kept Jayco in the loop. When needed, Jayco contacted the dealer as well and updated the email chain.

I have learned that I missed an important item though.

I should have noted each time how long the trailer was in the shop.

Why?

Because I am now asking Jayco to reimburse me for the time the trailer was in the shop, which they will do, but they go off the time that the dealer gives them. I don't have any record to show anything else. That leaves me at their mercy.

The number the dealer provides is the actual hours the trailer was being worked on. It doesn't include any in between time or the like.

Not the end of the world.

I know a LOT of people on here are going through the same stuff.

PLEASE, do yourself a favor and where ever you are in the process, start this email chain with Jayco now. ALWAYS reply to the same email so you have the whole history in one place.

I am not going to say that Jayco service is perfect, but they worked with me and I will say they were reasonable all the way through so far.

We still have a list of 10 items that need repair but, they are things that can wait until off season. As long as we wear slippers in the bedroom so we don't get nail punctures in our feet.

P.S. On average it takes Jayco about two business days to respond.
Octane2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 08:03 AM   #2

That's actually very interesting. I would not have thought that Jayco would reimburse for loss of use. Keep us posted how that works out.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 08:25 AM   #3

Well, keep in mind...

They are very specific. It is about the time the trailer is in the shop. If your dealer doesn't call you for a week to tell you it is ready, that isn't time they are going to reimburse you for. Just an example. :-)
Old 07-09-2019, 11:49 AM   #4

Yea, the checks in the mail...……..After 4.5 years of BS from Jayco concerning our Seismic we are still fighting over landing gear/slide issues......that check is in the mail..
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...albums843.html Check this out.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-34672-3.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 01:41 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
That's actually very interesting. I would not have thought that Jayco would reimburse for loss of use. Keep us posted how that works out.
This is the first I have heard of this as well.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 03:23 PM   #6

Just curious, was any of these problems found before you signed the papers when you went to get it?
twin88cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 04:51 PM   #7

I know when I drop mine off for repairs at CW they have records and paper work I have to sign. Plus they have a record that I pick it up. Dealer should be able to provide all of that
Brooksb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 07:38 AM   #8

They do. If you keep a running tab in an email thread with Jayco, it makes people pay attention and there is no dispute when the time comes. :-)
Old 07-10-2019, 07:40 AM   #9

It's a mix. Some were, some were new. Hot water tank didn't go out until after we had it for a month or so. Things like that. We had a long list when we picked it up. We had to go back the next day to pick it up instead. Things like a new sink had to be ordered. The slide didn't go out until a month or so after. Blah, Blah. We have 11 items right now that will have to be taken care of in the off season.
Old 07-10-2019, 10:46 AM   #10

I wait for the dealer to call me when they have all my parts in and want to schedule to install. I drop off on a Saturday and pick up the following Saturday. I let them know I'll pick up finished or not. Once they have it I give them a new list for the next time in. Start the process over. I wont leave for more than a week if it's at all useable and I have plans. But all my items have been small so far. But I am waiting on a couple bigger items now. New awning fabric (I didnt even know we was getting that) and new happyjack couch (was all deformed after a week vacation)
Old 07-10-2019, 01:43 PM   #11

Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooksb View Post
I wait for the dealer to call me when they have all my parts in and want to schedule to install. I drop off on a Saturday and pick up the following Saturday. I let them know I'll pick up finished or not. Once they have it I give them a new list for the next time in. Start the process over. I wont leave for more than a week if it's at all useable and I have plans. But all my items have been small so far. But I am waiting on a couple bigger items now. New awning fabric (I didnt even know we was getting that) and new happyjack couch (was all deformed after a week vacation)
We aren't that lucky. Our dealer doesn't do things on the weekend. Has to be M - F and between 10 and 4. Makes it very difficult.
Old 07-10-2019, 07:47 PM   #12

Ya, that wouldn't work at all for me. Hell, I bought my camper on a Saturday! Lol
I work 12 hours a day 5 days a week....
Sucks....
Old 07-10-2019, 08:33 PM   #13

I have owned multiple, different RV's over the past 30+ years, and not all RV repairs are as simple as tightening a screw or replacing a light bulb. My very first trailer was purchased from a dealer 90 miles from me......BIG mistake. My warranty issues were a two hour tow each way. Since then, unless a warranty repair or general repair requires a specialized level of expertise, I just fix it myself. My Jayco dealer has even let me "fix" the few warranty issues I had on my 29RKS, supplied me with the parts and supplies in exchange of the failed part(s). Yeah, Jayco is responsible for making the repairs, I get it. But, over the years I have learned a lot about RV maintenance and repairs and don't feel held hostage by the dealer or mfr. (Also, I never have to return my RV for an unfinished repair or being dissatisfied with the workmanship)
Old 07-10-2019, 08:36 PM   #14

U can also use a mobile tech. They just have to call jayco and get approval. my dealer has one in my city they recommend. tech can do it in ur drive.
Old 07-31-2019, 12:33 PM   #15

Jayco is going to “reimburse” you? I don’t think so.
Marmot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 04:19 PM   #16

I bought my 2019 Keystone Cougar 5th wheel from CW in Rapid City South Dakota and I live near Denver.

I still travel 50 + miles one way to have warranty work done, because of the 3 CW
dealers in Colorado the one in Fountain has the best customer service rating.

We just returned from a 27 day 4800 mile RV trip to Michigan, I had two times I needed a new a RV mechanic.

(1) day one water heater would not work, I called 3 Keystone authorized dealers in Lincoln and Omaha NE and I got the same answer from all three sorry we are too busy to look at your problem.

I ended up calling a mobile RV mechanic I went to his shop since it was on my way.
Bad circuit board and bad electric probe
Cost $110 labor $182.50 parts.
I submitted my bill to Keystone and they are paying 2/3 of the bill. Will not pay for a electric probe they say it is a consumable part.

(2) Second repair was about a week later when I had a electric brake failure. Called Keystone customer relations and got the names of 3 authorized dealers in Rapid City MI where we were spending a week to visit .

I called CW first and again they could not help me. But they did recommend the second dealer over the third dealer.

I called, got a appointment and the tech found the problem LR brake asst broke and he ended replacing the whole brake assembly under warranty.

My warranty ends in October and any future repairs are on my dime.

So my suggestion is to learn to make your own repairs.

Phil Saran
Parker, CO
Phil Saran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 06:49 PM   #17

U r very right! I always make sure I understand what was repaired and y. And I ask them to show me what we r talking about. One day it will be all me! So I keep a record!
Old 08-01-2019, 08:31 PM   #18

Wish I had known about this. I have had multiple problems with my Jayco Eagle 321RSTS and I know it has been in the shop over 6 months total and have had to cancel or not make spur of the moment trips because of this.
B&W Companion 5th Wheel

Centerville,TN
backpack1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 09:02 AM   #19

"There's a baffel in the microwave that needs to be flipped"

Full timer here, so patients is virtue.

Approching the two year mark in my warranty.

I'm more concerned in the cost of fuel I have spent to take it back, again and again, for the same issues. Like the microwave shorted out. No big deal I can still camp right? Dealer installed the new one and it changed from venting outside to venting inside. After tacking it back twice and being told it works, I took the service writer into the rig to show him. It then went from "it works" to the wrong microwave. Ops did I say their was a baffle in the microwave that was not flipped and allow it to vent outside? Yes I did..

Talking with Jayco, dealer parts department, service writer (all several times), having it scheduled/reviewed in the shop four times. Furrion now tells the service manager there is baffle that needs to be flipped. Go figure..

Yea I'm more interested in the amount of fuel I have spent.

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote