Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-14-2019, 04:04 PM   #1

In process of picking up new Platinum Talon

So, if you read my other post, we had ordered a new Talon and were looking to do the free mobile app Mud Finder challenge.

Well, Talon is in.

We went on day one and did the walk through. It really is nice!

I will upload some pics. I can’t believe I didn’t take any of the outside. I was too focused on the walk through I guess.

We didn’t find any major issues. (Knock on wood).

We did find a few minor ones.

Some lights that were out. Things that were bent, or the like. I did it all. Got down on the ground and crawled around. Good thing I did. We found a hose that looked like a drain or something that was kinked. It just needed a second mount point so it wasn’t hanging at a 90 degree angle.

Anyway, we were supposed to pick up today but they are still working on it.

Don’t sign papers until all is right! :-)

I will upload pics and post how things go tomorrow.

P.S. The Platinum is pretty slick I think.
Octane2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 04:06 PM   #2

Congrats! Yes please post pics.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 04:34 PM   #3

Congratulations and looking forward to the pics.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 07:07 PM   #4

Congratulations and GREAT JOB on the PDI!

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 05:34 AM   #5

Congratulations!
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 10:33 AM   #6

Weren’t you looking at the 313? If so, what do you think of the shorter garage on the Platinum series? I think it’s about 2’ shorter.

Congrats on the new trailer. We are looking forward to getting ours out of storage and start using it again.
Ugeesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 11:44 AM   #7

Update After our maiden voyage

This is not a write up or the like on the dealer. This is just about the Talon itself.

So, as I said before, when we went initially to pick it up, we found a few different things that needed to be corrected.

Some of the things were:
The lights in the front exterior dome were out.
Back ramp lights were out.
There were no door latches for the main or the garage door.
The latches for the hatch where the generator is stored weren't long enough to latch to hold it closed.
There was a hose that was just hanging down underneath that was just hanging freely but where it attached was kinked at a 90 degree angle. Could tell what is was coming from but I am sure the kink wasn't helpful.
The one whole side of the baseboard in the garage wasn't really sealed to the wall.

That is what I can remember at this point.

Anyway, we went back to pick it up the next day and they were still working on the lights. Also finishing up some other things so, we ended up going back on day three.

Still some little things here and there but good for the most part.

We did our paperwork. Then we started working on the hitch.

We didn't get a hitch from the dealer. I wanted a "good one" so I got the B&W companion hitch. I have a Silverado 3500HD Dually. It already had the mount so the companion seemed like the right choice.

We had put the hitch in the truck weeks earlier. The only that was left to do was to adjust the mounting arms to the right position.

We backed the truck up to the trailer and did some spotting to get an idea of where we were at. We were pretty close. We also needed some height to get it above the bed of the truck. We took the top of the hitch off and were please to find that we had plenty of room to adjust to give us a few inches in length and a few inches. This was done by repositioning the arms of the 5th wheel hitch. They just bolted on to a flat surface of the hitch and had many positions that could be used. Made it very easy.

So, we got that all done. Got the trailer hooked up. Looked pretty level at that. Nice!

At this point, we started buttoning things up.

We took it to an RV park that is just down the road from where we live. Dropped it. Hooked up the power and left it there over night.

Went back the next morning. Did the auto-leveling without issue. Then we went inside and started setting things up. We still found some things that will need work. Little things like wall laminate seal tape that needs replaced, etc. Nothing major.

At this point, we are just learning systems. Even the light switches take a little getting use to.

Let me see if I can post some of these pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1779.jpg   IMG_1782.jpg   IMG_1746.jpg   IMG_1743.jpg   IMG_1731.jpg  

Octane2Go is offline   Reply With Quote