Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-28-2018, 03:32 PM   #1

Smile Info to install t.v. Jayco 273

Hi need some info from trailers user. We just purchase a Jayco toy hauler model 273 . The question is if 30 inch tv is not too heavy for the wall stud in the bedroom? Can I use the same size screen t.v. in the kitchen area? What t.v. brands are more strong for trailers?
Any suggestions are very welcome
Martlady
Martlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 12:11 PM   #2

I just installed a television in my 273. I put in a 24" smart tv. A 28" was the largest that would fit in the kitchen and they are not as easy to find. If you go any bigger the freezer door would hit it. Also, I used a removable mount that has to slide upwards to remove it so you need some clearance above it to slide it up and out. I put a second mount in the bedroom and transfer it when I want it there. It is easy to move. If you just want it in the bedroom, the wall is beefed up where the mount goes so it should handle it no problem. Today's new televisions are pretty light weight. I would not, however, leave it up when you are traveling. I used this mount from Camping World and it works great to hold and move the television: https://www.campingworld.com/master-...ounting-system
doghauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 01:23 PM   #3

Tubeovision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martlady View Post
Hi need some info from trailers user. We just purchase a Jayco toy hauler model 273 . The question is if 30 inch tv is not too heavy for the wall stud in the bedroom? Can I use the same size screen t.v. in the kitchen area? What t.v. brands are more strong for trailers?
Any suggestions are very welcome
Martlady

I installed a 24" Samsung on an articulated mount in my previous SLX 185RB.

The non-Jayco I just traded out of had a 32" Samsung on the wall, which was reinforced and purposed for mounting a TV. It never came down after putting it up, only problem was wiring would re-appear after traveling.
New Jay Feather 23RL I just got came with 32" Furrion in an entertainment center, and it covers up with the slide when traveling. Mount in bedroom pre-installed, mount on outside pre-installed. Spare TV mount under the bed...BONUS!
I will most likely be using a 28" Samsung I have (elsewhere) on the outside.
kblast523 is offline   Reply With Quote