Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-09-2017, 05:59 PM   #1

Jayco 3 Season Garage Door

OK so I bought a 2016 Jayco Seismic Wave 355W from Camping World. They have told me that they talked to Jayco and Lippert (manufacturer that supplies the 3 season garage door) that it can't be installed. I have called Jayco myself and spoke with service and parts and both tell me that it can be installed and gave me the part number to order it through the dealer.

My question is I am wondering if anyone had it or installed it themselves on their same class toy hauler as me. I see a thread of someone talking about it on a 2016 310W but not sure if that was factory installed or installed after picking up the trailer.

I just want to make sure that it will work prior to getting stuck with 1035 dollar paper weight. Thanks for the help.
Big V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 07:55 PM   #2

What the heck is a 3 season door, for $1035 it better be pretty special.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 08:03 PM   #3

For what it's worth I have a 2017 355w that I got from the factory with the 3 season door and Aside from removing the pull down screen yours came with I see no reason you couldn't install it yourself.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
apgambino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 10:41 AM   #4

3 seasons door

Our 4212 was ordered with the 3 season door. I works great, as for installing your self I can be done. I believe it would take some time but could be achieved vs paying CW some out laddish $129 hour rate. We installed a drape rod and drapes inside the garage for a privacy issue at night. Don't have to put up the rear patio for nighttime.
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...albums843.html Check this out.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-34672-3.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 12:43 PM   #5

Here is another thread to look at. It is a different model and much of the thread is about how his camper was broken into while on the dealer lot and such.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f2...ble-44663.html

I only mention this post because of his comment on #13

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f2...tml#post504122

He was mentioned how it is a screen door and there are optional inserts. However this was on a 310 so maybe the one that you were referencing. But from the thread it was there to have it installed and that is when he had his issues. Not sure if this helps. I just remember reading about it a while back.
Old 05-10-2017, 10:34 PM   #6

Thanks for the insight everyone. I have a pull down screen and was just wondering if I should add the 3 season door instead. I was aware of the panels as it does state this on lippert's website. I thought it would just help with sticking up some panels real quick instead of closing up the garage patio at night for privacy and to aid in using the A/C since I would be able to seal off the garage without closing the party deck. My only concern was seeing if it would work as an aftermarket install since I had concerns of what my dealership is telling me that it can't be done, but Jayco is telling me that it can be done. Guess I should go with what Jayco says and worst case get my money back from them if it doesn't work since they lied about the part working.
Big V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 05:24 PM   #7

I see your post now Big V and i only had the pull down screen. I decided to go ahead and get the sliding screen and it took so long to arrive (8 months) they gave it to me for free!!However even if you have to pay for one you will not regret it. i love the fact you can slide the door open and closed quickly to not allow the pesky bugs in. With the large pull up screen you might as well leave the door open!.
I did install the screen myself and had no issues. You may need to do some cutting but a grinder with a thin cutoff wheel will do the trick. I did have to buy some screws as well. FYI you can leave the pull down screen in place as well. The nice thing it you can pull it down at night and slide the slide the doors open if you want instead.
Cheers.
Wilsonbryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 09:07 PM   #8

I have a 355w with the 3 season doors. They work. Our 1st set were replaced because they didn't fit right. It was under warranty. They are very nice when we are on the beach.
Hardy918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 06:04 PM   #9

Do you have the part number?
fdny136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 07:32 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdny136 View Post
Do you have the part number?
All u need to do is have it dealer order for a seismic. that's the easiest way. I did it that way, and I told others to do the same. I have my paperwork from my order and gave all the info to another guy and he still ended up ordering for a seismic. the way they order from lippert for some reason wont work with part numbers. I had em when I started ordering and still ended up ordering for a seismic too.
Brooksb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 09:55 AM   #11

3 season door options

FYI: there are options other than Lippert. Challenger Door also makes them & is starting to market them. I contacted them about steps for my party deck & saw a picture of the doors int he back ground. The sales person just got back to me.

See below what I found out:
I tried to upload the pictures she sent, hopefully it worked.
<
I have some pictures attached of the 2 different types of patio doors we offer.

The pictures labeled “French Door” or our 5060 series is our newest design and is available with screens. (I think I told you yesterday it didn’t have the opening glass but it does) This is real glass in the doors also. Pricing varies depending on size however usually runs between $1800.00 - $2000.00 for a set without shipping.

The pictures labeled “Slider” or our 5600 series is a sliding patio door with tinted film and screens. This is a lighter weight door and the tinted film panels do need to be removed in order to use the screens. Pricing varies on size also however usually runs between $1100.00 - $1400.00 without shipping.

Stacy Nunemaker
Inside Sales
574-773-8151
<SNunemaker@challengerdoor.com>
“Experience-Service-Partnership”
>
Attached Thumbnails
French Door 1.jpg   French Door 3.jpg   Slider 1.jpg   Slider 2.jpg   Slider 3.jpg  

5600 Patio Doors.PNG  
AZMarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 11:46 PM   #12

We have the big and talls (first RV I ever needed a step stool in for my 6 foot self lol) fiberglass octane that is built like yours, and instead of the 3 season door I am having our boat cover guy make us an insulated canvas enclosure for the back, our cruiser boat has a great set up where it has isling glass windows you un zip then screens behind them, and To attach it to the rear door frame we are using the small aluminum channel they sell that you slide the canvas in for a continuous seal instead of snaps. Since we pull a car in ours, and the kids use the rear beds I didnt want the hassle of a hard system in the way, and we already have the party deck rail to deal with. All we wanted was an easier way in and out compared to rolling up the screen every time, and the ability to keep the heat in on cooler eves while the sun sets before we close the door and go to bed.

If we ever get off covid 19 seclusion and I go pick it up I'll send pics lol, RV is here, canvas is still at the shop.
Pzilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 02:56 PM   #13

I'd like to see that canvas cover. I was looking at the spacing in mine, and between the top bunk, the seats that make a bunk below that and the railings for the party deck, I do not know if the 3 season door assembly would even fit.
Old 05-13-2021, 04:50 PM   #14

I wanted to update some info I posted about the 3-season door some time ago. Our trip is this summer & we were looking at going by Challenger Door to get what I posted installed. In a call to them yesterday, Challenger door was purchased by Lippert in Nov of 2020. They now only have the French Door model available & the other has been dropped, as Lippert has a similar model. So if looking for a 3-season door (other then glass French Door style), then Lippert is your only choice that I know of right now.
Old 05-14-2021, 03:19 PM   #15

btw, for the traditional slider model doors, you can get privacy panels that attached over the clear film panels using velcro - solid black. They dont cost much, and are easy to use.
atlantaM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 03:23 PM   #16

I think these are the part number for the panels for the sliding doors, if anyone needs them -
320719 Patio Wall Panel Kit, Privacy, 81 3/4" Slider
320720 Patio Wall Panel Kit, Tinted, 81 3/4" Slider
320721 Patio Wall Panel Kit, Clear, 81 3/4" Slider
329874 Patio Wall Panel Kit, Privacy, 86 1/2" Slider
329875 Patio Wall Panel Kit, Tinted, 86 1/2" Slider
329876 Patio Wall Panel Kit, Clear, 86 1/2" Slider
381777 Patio Wall Panel Kit, Privacy, SOR, 86 1/2" Slider
381778 Patio Wall Panel Kit, Tinted, SOR, 86 1/2" Slider
381779 Patio Wall Panel Kit, Clear, SOR, 86 1/2" Slider
atlantaM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 02:54 PM   #17

We went with a spring loaded pole and black long curtains, they work great!

h3is3m2n is offline   Reply With Quote