Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-09-2021, 07:23 PM   #1

Jayco 403T Major Issues

Has anyone else had a ton of issues with their,2020 Talon.
Mine is,now 4 pages 9 trips to LDLP and I'm running out of warranty time.
I'm getting nervous I'll run out of time before They have everything fixed.
Any suggestions?
BradTalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 07:46 PM   #2

Does your state have lemon laws? Possible lawsuit on any safety issues?

You are a candidate for extended warranties or maybe just get it fixed and sell/trade it before it has to go back in again.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 08:33 PM   #3
Site Team

Have the dealer document all your concerns before the warranty time expires, for a paper trail.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 05:06 AM   #4

Warranty issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlightRisk View Post
Have the dealer document all your concerns before the warranty time expires, for a paper trail.

X2. IF you know it's needing warranty work, send photos and make sure your dealer knows it.

When shopping for our current 5er we had one salesperson say "buy it a year before you plan on heading south so you can get all the kinks worked out". At the time I thought he was only trying to make a sale. He was right! Had the pinnacle just about 1 year now, current count is 32 warranty items. I never guessed there could be so many problems with a new RV. If an auto manufacturer built vehicles with 30+ warranty issues I don't think they would be in business long.
TS3 Hitch
Ms says I'm full of useless knowledge and other stuff...
ARoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 08:29 AM   #5

I have a 2020 335T that has been pretty darn flawless in my opinion. Yes I have had a couple little issues I just fixed my self but nothing major. It sure seems like luck of the draw with these Rv's or maybe dealer set up comes into play? Hope you get everything sorted out.
Dbunke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 11:28 AM   #6

I agree with Dbunke, luck of the draw. We have a 335T (took delivery in May 2020, sale docs show it as a 2021 model) with a laundry list of issues as well - a mix of minor and major items. The major issues include a side wall crack at the bedroom slide, frame rust and poor frame quality frame welds. The frame rust/weld quality was first documented in June 2020. All of these items have been documented with Jayco, the dealer we purchased from and the authorized repair dealer. In addition, Lippert has an open case on the frame items. We dropped off our Talon last weekend for repair. They have indicated 3 weeks for the side wall repair.

It would be interesting to compare our lists of issues.

2019 RAM 2500HD 6.7 Cummins
2021 Jayco Talon 335T
HecBec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 11:43 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HecBec View Post
I agree with Dbunke, luck of the draw. We have a 335T (took delivery in May 2020, sale docs show it as a 2021 model) with a laundry list of issues as well - a mix of minor and major items. The major issues include a side wall crack at the bedroom slide, frame rust and poor frame quality frame welds. The frame rust/weld quality was first documented in June 2020. All of these items have been documented with Jayco, the dealer we purchased from and the authorized repair dealer. In addition, Lippert has an open case on the frame items. We dropped off our Talon last weekend for repair. They have indicated 3 weeks for the side wall repair.

Just curious, where are you having the sidewall repair done? I keep watching mine every time I open the slide, so far so good. I could bet it will happen once out of warranty....ours was made just pre pandemic in Jan of 20. Not sure it really matters.....
Old 10-13-2021, 11:53 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbunke View Post
Just curious, where are you having the sidewall repair done? I keep watching mine every time I open the slide, so far so good. I could bet it will happen once out of warranty....ours was made just pre pandemic in Jan of 20. Not sure it really matters.....
The repair is being done at Hilltop Camper & RV in Fridley, MN. So far they have been very good to work with. I hope their repair work is as good. I noticed the crack last fall as I was washing the camper for storage. It was short enough to hide behind the slide 'picture frame trim'. We put 3000+ miles on this summer and it both lengthened and opened up. When it is hitched to the truck you can see it opens up even more. Good luck -hope you don't have to deal with the crack.

2021 Jayco Talon 335T
Old 10-13-2021, 06:08 PM   #9

I haven't bought from Hilltop for over 20 years. I have heard they are one of the better service centers in the area. They couldn't come close to pricing on my Talon out of state purchase. They said they understand why I didn't buy from them but said they would be happy to do any warranty or service work. So far haven't had to take them up on it. Good luck on your repair.
Old 10-13-2021, 07:40 PM   #10

Good to hear some additional positive comments about Hilltop. A coworker of mine has also had a good experience there. We decided to purchase elsewhere that was a 1 hour shorter drive and now wishing we had gone to Hilltop. Hoping we will feel the same way following the repair!

2021 Jayco Talon 335T
Old 10-17-2021, 09:42 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HecBec View Post

It would be....when dropping off Sept 6th for our next round we found 2 more major issues...sewer black drain pipe leaking at tank and passenger side wall coming unattached ....you can look down and see light coming between the wall and floor
BradTalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 01:09 PM   #12

Talon 403T

BradTalon, would like to know what kind of issues you're having. We own a 2020 403T Talon, picked it up in July 2019. To date we haven't had any real major issues but have added a few enhancements to the trailer (added supports on the sewer pipes, secured some of the dangling wires, replaced the auxiliary water nozzle on the passenger side). The one major that we had to figure out how to fix was the motor on one side of the bedroom slide out popped out and caused the slide to come our crooked (was missing a screw that holds it in place). We learned how to fix it and resync the slide.
kdtexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 01:42 PM   #13

We need a law that when a rv is in for warranty service and you can not use the rv that your warranty should be extended for that time.
If I had my unit in the shop for an extended time I would call Jayco and request an extension of warranty.
putz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 05:02 PM   #14

That would be a good law, with as long as many RV’s are in service now days. And make the dealer pay the monthly payment until the customer gets it back. They would care about quality then.

Tags
major issues, talon 403, warranty