Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-31-2022, 07:52 PM   #1

Jayco Octane 161 Bed configuration

Hello! New here. So please forgive the silly question. I have been looking at the Jayco Octane 161. I plan on hauling a dirt bike in the back. I wanted to know if it's possible to put down the bed while the couches are up on the wall. Just thinking ahead if I want to stay at a truck stop or Wal-Mart while traveling.

Thanks so much for your help!

Jason
Jason1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 10:14 AM   #2

I do not believe so. Looking at the pictures, yours looks the same as my T30F. I can pin the top bunk to stay up when I lower the the benches, or have it come down with them. You can pull the pins & fold the benches "down" against the wall for the vertical storage space. But since the fold down, I do not know how far one could lower the top bunk before the vertically stored benches hit the floor. Maybe doing that though you can get enough room out of it to make the top bunk "accessible", just not the full vertical height, & with a ladder long enough, a place to sleep for a quick night? Might be a good thing to test at a dealer, if you have one around, with a set-up in the back like you are looking at. Just factor in the inside ceiling height compared to what you are wanting to purchase vice the one being tested.
AZMarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 07:31 PM   #3

I just lower the couches and bed down just before touching bikes when doing a quick stop sleep like you’re asking about. The first time I did this I actually drilled new pin holes for the bed. Later I reached out to happy Jack and this is not necessary. The couches will hold the bed and people at any height while stationary.
supercraig1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 07:39 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercraig1 View Post
I just lower the couches and bed down just before touching bikes when doing a quick stop sleep like you’re asking about. The first time I did this I actually drilled new pin holes for the bed. Later I reached out to happy Jack and this is not necessary. The couches will hold the bed and people at any height while stationary.
Thanks! I was hoping this would be an option. The dirt bikes are not that tall so I figured I would be able to drop the bed down to catch a quck nap if I needed to.
Jason1024 is offline   Reply With Quote