Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-19-2019, 08:18 AM   #1

Jayco Repair shop recommendations

Good morning everyone,
I wanted to see if anyone has a Jayco dealer they recommend for doing repair work within an hour or so drive of Sacramento, CA? As some of you know my Octane 222 was damaged by hail back in July and has been at the dealer here in Sacramento for a month and nothing has been touched. After countless phone calls to the dealer they keep coming back saying "We have not heard back from Jayco on the parts" or "We are waiting to hear back from Jayco on the availability of the siding". Needless to say I have hit my limit with them and the time it's taking.

Thanks,
Greg
magnum12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 08:27 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum12 View Post
Good morning everyone,
I wanted to see if anyone has a Jayco dealer they recommend for doing repair work within an hour or so drive of Sacramento, CA? As some of you know my Octane 222 was damaged by hail back in July and has been at the dealer here in Sacramento for a month and nothing has been touched. After countless phone calls to the dealer they keep coming back saying "We have not heard back from Jayco on the parts" or "We are waiting to hear back from Jayco on the availability of the siding". Needless to say I have hit my limit with them and the time it's taking.

Thanks,
Greg
Call JAYCO and see if they have heard from the dealer.. Other owners have found JAYCO had no record of a parts request in similar cases.
Old 09-19-2019, 08:35 AM   #3

Really? Where these cases of the dealer never bothering to submit the parts request?
Old 09-19-2019, 08:49 AM   #4

So I just called Jayco and spoke with a very helpful lady in parts. After she did some research she found the email parts requests from my dealer, and after verifying the VIN of the trailer, Jayco never bothered to respond with the parts information. This was back on 8/20/19. Needless to say she is putting together the information and sending it back over to the dealer.
Old 09-19-2019, 09:22 AM   #5

Yes, there are numerous posts where JOF members have found that JAYCO never received a request.

At least you got the ball rolling again.

Why didn't the dealer do a follow-up though? All it took was one call.
Old 09-19-2019, 10:32 AM   #6

Quote:
So I just called Jayco and spoke with a very helpful lady in parts. After she did some research she found the email parts requests from my dealer, and after verifying the VIN of the trailer, Jayco never bothered to respond with the parts information. This was back on 8/20/19. Needless to say she is putting together the information and sending it back over to the dealer.
[QUOTE=Grumpy;794072]Yes, there are numerous posts where JOF members have found that JAYCO never received a request. ????????????????

The fact in this case: Jayco DID receive the parts information, and Jayco DID NOT respond. Or am I misreading the OP's words?

Glad OP may be getting things moving in the right direction.
gunafulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 10:41 AM   #7

[QUOTE=gunafulltime;794100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Yes, there are numerous posts where JOF members have found that JAYCO never received a request. ????????????????

Or am I misreading the OP's words?
You didn't read his post (question) before that....post #3
Old 09-19-2019, 10:44 AM   #8

Got it - Thanks! I was not exactly clear which post you were referring to.
gunafulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 11:02 AM   #9

Well the dealer told me they are attempted several times to contact Jayco and never received a response. After talking to Jayco it sounds like they both dropped the ball. The dealer for not following up and Jayco for not responding.
Old 09-19-2019, 11:50 AM   #10

First, call Jayco first with your vin number and ask them. It takes them up to six weeks to approve stuff. I'm waiting now four weeks for a new radio. So the dealer m=] ae telling the truth. I've owned my Jayco about 14 months and it has been at the dealer's 10. The slow point is Jayco.
Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 03:27 PM   #11

Thomson - The lady in the parts department was able to find my VIN which allowed her to track down the email chain between the dealer and Jayco. After she realized they dropped the ball and failed to respond, she was going to get the info back to the dealer.

Also since this is an insurance claim, Jayco doesn't have to approve anything.
Old 09-20-2019, 11:09 AM   #12

Great! Glad it is now working for you.
Old 09-22-2019, 06:44 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomson View Post
First, call Jayco first with your vin number and ask them. It takes them up to six weeks to approve stuff. I'm waiting now four weeks for a new radio. So the dealer m=] ae telling the truth. I've owned my Jayco about 14 months and it has been at the dealer's 10. The slow point is Jayco.
Hmmm. My dealer recently confirmed my radio was not up to snuff and called within a week saying Jayco had approved a new one under warranty and it was on the way. A week later the dealer had it and scheduled an install appointment. Maybe it’s your dealer who is dropping the ball?
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 09:05 AM   #14

I just called Jayco again this morning to confirm they did send the parts list back to the dealer and they did last Thursday. I am going to head down to the dealer this at lunch to find out whats the delay now that they have the parts info needed.
Old 09-23-2019, 10:47 AM   #15

I don't think it's the dealer. Earlier during a series of repairs I was told that customer service doesn't dictate to parts and that's the way it is. Back in August of last year when I was told by Jayco that the parts were two months away I screamed at everybody; dealer, Jayco, Jayco anybody that answered the phone. They cut it to one month. This time the excuse is that since my radio is no longer available I have to wait for the new model.
Old 10-05-2019, 12:38 PM   #16

Quote:
After talking to Jayco it sounds like they both dropped the ball. The dealer for not following up and Jayco for not responding.
That is too often the case.
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 12:41 PM   #17

Quote:
Good morning everyone,

Thanks,
Greg
I had a problem with Jayco authorizing work so I called their customer service desk and give them my serial number, the technician found the dealers work order and said it was still in their work queue and no one has touched it yet. She apollogized for over looking the work order, she went ahead and authorized the work order and called my dealer and told him to order the parts at once and fix the trailer. This might help if you oil the squeaky wheel. Regards, Jayco Support (800) 283-8267
mhunt37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 02:14 PM   #18

I can attest to that

I have had a few issues where the dealer hadn't contacted Jayco and was telling me warranty wouldn't cover things. Once I called Jayco, things were cleared up real quick.

I email Jayco on everything now.
Octane2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 08:56 PM   #19

Good evening everyone,
Well I wanted to give everyone an update. Thanks to Covid, back before everything started to shut down, the dealer decided to kick into high gear and get my trailer fixed. When I went to pick it up, at face value it appears they did a decent job and looked good so I paid what was owned and left. Well with everything going on with Covid, we didn't really use the trailer until this week and after filling up in Wyoming, I looked in my side mirror to make sure the top of the trailer was going to clear the pump island and I noticed a buldge in the top corner of the trailer. After parking and looking at it, the piece of siding is starting to let go. Well being a Saturday their service department was closed so I had to press on towards home.

Needless to say, come monday I am heading back down to the dealer but looking at the pics, I'm thinking they will need to replace that piece of siding. What does everyone else think?

Side note, I do regret now having them fix it, should have lived with the hale damage.

Old 08-15-2020, 08:58 PM   #20

Here is the links to the pics

https://photos.app.goo.gl/omfQdxL5J6bPCH6C7

https://photos.app.goo.gl/kSnityP97NFibHnA9

https://photos.app.goo.gl/5Afv254G5Q5MAR5K9