Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-25-2017, 05:55 PM   #1

Jayco SL 273 2017

I just purchased a 2017 SL 273. I have had 3 other octane 24Z and 26 Y. My question is after crawling under my new trailer to see why all the wires were hanging down no nuts on any of the gray or black tanks. no big deal I figured out were they went and purchased new nuts all good. But my question is why is there a vent hole approx. 5 to 6 in. wide and 12 to 16 in. long with a screen over it with approx. 1/4 holes in screen so water off road or any bugs can go in side it goes up into the cabinets. It has been done on purpose it is lined with tin, like a cold air vent in house. Maybe for furnace vent. But this is my 4th octane and the first to have a vent hole in bottom. I want to put a coarse foam that would flow air. But what is it for. Please help.
mikel4t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 06:33 PM   #2

Not sure what the point is for sure. My T31b is the same way. Maybe it's so the refrigerator can get air when it's burning propane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
6 Speed Manual
farnik78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 03:56 PM   #3

Thanks that was correct the 273 the refrigerator is in the middle of trailer I took bottom panel off below refrigerator and it is the vent. And also one on roof. I am going to put some kind of filter of smaller screen under their screen that has 1/4 in. holes to keep bugs out. Thanks Mike
mikel4t is offline   Reply With Quote