Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-03-2023, 08:41 AM   #1

Jayco structure warranty issues

Jayco quality has really gone down hill. I am having issues with the structure warranty being denied. I know that they are slapped together just like any other company but I bought my trailer due to past experience and Jayco's sales pitch. Due to Covid's effects on service and parts I have taken care of most the issues on my own dime and have not made any warranty claims since ownership, took delivery 3 weeks before the country shut down. But I have 2 major issues, the roof was over cut at the skylight and the frame is either broken or flexing too much.
When the factory cut the opening for the skylight above the shower, they over cut the hole and had no material to staple over the plywood, and also sliced outside the dome. This allowed the moisture to condense on the dome and roll into the plywood edge. causing the wood to soften and allowing a mushroom to grow through the Lap sealant. I did not find this until 2 months out of the 2 year warranty and tried to contact Jayco through there website, and only got crickets. I was hoping for maybe a goodwill gesture, but it has since been denied after taking it in. Not really a big deal, but disappointing all the same.
The second bigger issue is I have a crack coming from under the slide, and they are refusing the warranty. I bought the Jayco because of there claim to prevent delamination with there Stronghold process and there claim that the frames are so strong that they didn't need to add a relief cut under the slide. I have gone round and round with there Customer service and they claim the warranty does not cover fiberglass, even though fiberglass structure is in there warranty coverage. I am being told that the 3 year warranty only covers the aluminum substructure, even though it doesn't exclude the fiberglass. Customer service is stating this is just something that happens. I cannot accept this, the crack opens and closes between being on the landing gear and being on the pin. The thing is that unless you disassemble the structure one won't be able to tell what exactly is causing this. I also requested there factory service to give me a quote for the repair for the crack and it includes adding gussets to reinforce the structure, barring any other issues found with the structure. Customer service still claims that this is just a stress crack, and not an issue with the structure. Customer service is severely lacking, they don't know what they are talking about and refuse to give any information. I am looking for ideas, because my options have been narrowed. In hindsight, the Jayco is certainly not worth the extra expense over any other manufacturer, I could have saved a few dollars and bought one of the others that used the expansion joint in there structure.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7432.jpg   IMG_7435.jpg   frame sales pitch.jpg   IMG_7437.jpg   IMG_7613.jpg  

Ogerjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 09:13 AM   #2

Ogerjohn I'm sorry to hear of your trailers situation. I really don't know what to say. It should not be this way. do know there's was an issue with the slide outs and one of the fix from a thread on here and people were getting them fixed either at the stealerships or the factory.. Did you reach out to anyone one it? I'll try to find it for you if not.
- 2002 Fleetwood Jamboree 23e, Class C (Sold)
JDsRVcrzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 08:12 AM   #3

Thanks, I guess I should try on the fifth wheel side. I guess there is not to many with Seismic that have had the issue. Just frustrating that Jayco is claiming the fiberglass is not covered by the structural warranty. Jayco claims that the fiberglass crack is not part of the structure, even though there warranty expresses,

"The term of this Limited Warranty is 3 years for substantial defects to any “Structure Components”.
Structure Components means materials and/or workmanship directly attributable
to Jayco relating to the laminated fiberglass sidewall assembly,"

They claim that the warranty only applies to the aluminum structure.
Old 02-06-2023, 08:24 AM   #4

Hate to hear you're going through this. From reading posts on this and another forum it sounds like RV manufactures can pretty much deny a warranty claim when they want banking on the customer not doing anything and forgetting about it. From what I've gathered you'll have to be willing to take this farther than Jayco is willing to go before they concede to approval of your claim. I don't know how far that is. Whether it's a news story or small claims court or somewhere in between. Hang in the fight and best of luck!
2016 Ram 2500 CC SWB 6.4 Hemi 3:73
2021 Jay Flight 33RBTS- +/- 10,500 lbs. on travel day
Hughes Power Watchdog Bluetooth surge protector
Jerry713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 05:02 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry713 View Post
Hate to hear you're going through this. From reading posts on this and another forum it sounds like RV manufactures can pretty much deny a warranty claim when they want banking on the customer not doing anything and forgetting about it. From what I've gathered you'll have to be willing to take this farther than Jayco is willing to go before they concede to approval of your claim. I don't know how far that is. Whether it's a news story or small claims court or somewhere in between. Hang in the fight and best of luck!
Yeah, I don't want to have to go there, but my options, are limited. I am not one to spend money on Warranties, but false advertising about the frame and then denying a claim does not work for me. Jayco has since changed there tune about there framing, now they add the relief cut on most of there fifth-wheels. This now tells me that they too are built on a potentially week frame.
Old 10-20-2023, 10:27 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogerjohn View Post
Jayco quality has really gone down hill. I am having issues with the structure warranty being denied. I know that they are slapped together just like any other company but I bought my trailer due to past experience and Jayco's sales pitch. Due to Covid's effects on service and parts I have taken care of most the issues on my own dime and have not made any warranty claims since ownership, took delivery 3 weeks before the country shut down. But I have 2 major issues, the roof was over cut at the skylight and the frame is either broken or flexing too much.
When the factory cut the opening for the skylight above the shower, they over cut the hole and had no material to staple over the plywood, and also sliced outside the dome. This allowed the moisture to condense on the dome and roll into the plywood edge. causing the wood to soften and allowing a mushroom to grow through the Lap sealant. I did not find this until 2 months out of the 2 year warranty and tried to contact Jayco through there website, and only got crickets. I was hoping for maybe a goodwill gesture, but it has since been denied after taking it in. Not really a big deal, but disappointing all the same.
The second bigger issue is I have a crack coming from under the slide, and they are refusing the warranty. I bought the Jayco because of there claim to prevent delamination with there Stronghold process and there claim that the frames are so strong that they didn't need to add a relief cut under the slide. I have gone round and round with there Customer service and they claim the warranty does not cover fiberglass, even though fiberglass structure is in there warranty coverage. I am being told that the 3 year warranty only covers the aluminum substructure, even though it doesn't exclude the fiberglass. Customer service is stating this is just something that happens. I cannot accept this, the crack opens and closes between being on the landing gear and being on the pin. The thing is that unless you disassemble the structure one won't be able to tell what exactly is causing this. I also requested there factory service to give me a quote for the repair for the crack and it includes adding gussets to reinforce the structure, barring any other issues found with the structure. Customer service still claims that this is just a stress crack, and not an issue with the structure. Customer service is severely lacking, they don't know what they are talking about and refuse to give any information. I am looking for ideas, because my options have been narrowed. In hindsight, the Jayco is certainly not worth the extra expense over any other manufacturer, I could have saved a few dollars and bought one of the others that used the expansion joint in there structure.
My 2016 Pinnacle also has a broken frame or excess movement. I’m being told that I would have to send it back to the manufacturer. I think that cost would be outrageous. Now I am looking at having to buy a new camper.
Hebertcj is offline   Reply With Quote