Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-09-2015, 04:55 PM   #1

Leaky Ramp?

So we went for our walk thru last week and noticed we could see light coming in from the top of the garage where the ramp closes and seals. Told the dealer we wouldn't take it until it was fixed - they are inquiring with Jayco as to what to do. Apparently it is not within the range of what they can adjust to make it seal.

They're suggesting we take the trailer Tuesday from them with a make-shift seal/gasket for now and when Jayco gets them the actual solution, then they'll do that repair.

Now they're saying two of the toy haulers on the lot have this issue. Is this common? I'm now concerned about this being something I have to chase the dealer forever about if I take it... Or am I making a mountain of a molehill here?

It's a 2015 model 3210 Seismic unit. "On sale" for $65,000 -so I'm hesitant about sloppy workmanship like this. For this kind of money I hope I can expect first class everything.... Maybe not???
goldenroads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 05:05 PM   #2

Just my opinion but I wouldn't take delivery until the TT is fixed.
bedrck46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 06:32 PM   #3

Personally, I would take delivery with whatever fix they do to it for a temporary basis and wait for Jayco's answer.
However, I will say before you take delivery, get a detailed account IN WRITING from the dealer that they will get it fixed whether by Jayco or themselves, however it needs to be done. Make sure they keep a copy and give you a copy. Then contact Jayco with your VIN and make sure they are tracking the problem and require to be kept in the loop.
It may take some babysitting on your part; but it will hold responsibility where it needs to be.
2021 Argo Aurora 8x8/2008 Arctic Cat M1000 SnoPro
Previous: Komfort 5er/Jamboree MH/Lance Cabover/Jayco Whitehawk 25BHS TT
NVGun40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 06:41 PM   #4

Our 2014 Octane 29 had the same issue. Jayco had the dealer replace the door. The new one seals great. I was told the doors are outsourced by my dealer. He said he has had to replace a couple of them and Jayco has never given him any problem doing that. I personally would not have a problem taking it as is with a written commitment from the dealer to replace it at a convenient time for you. In my case it took 10 weeks to get the new door to the dealer, and 2 days for them to install it.
LabMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 10:50 AM   #5

Excellent - glad to hear this isn't a big deal.

I had already emailed the sales manager asking for a description of the issue, their proposed resolution and the timelines involved, in writing, before end of business day Monday -as we are scheduled to pick it up Tuesday.

Sounds like, assuming they have a decent plan, that we should not miss out on any of this year's trail riding...

Thanks for the responses!!!
goldenroads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 02:42 PM   #6

I wish I knew then what I knew know. My advise would be to not take delivery of unit . Don't know where jayco's quality control is , have always heard it was good, but my experience with it is definitely not good . Shoddy workmanship , lack of oversight , hurts to see jayco put so many problem units on the road .
2013 Can am commander 1000 cc camo xt. 2003 Harley Davidson road king
slaw32 is offline   Reply With Quote