Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-03-2017, 03:03 PM   #1

Lippert Three Seasons Door - panels?

So while we had our 2016 Seismic Wave 310 in for warranty work and maintenance, I had them install the Lippert Three Seasons door so that we could use our party deck more often - we use the garage for our girls bedroom, so need to keep it cool in the summer and warm in the spring/fall.

What the dealership did not tell me is that it's just a screen slide doors, which defeats the entire purpose of the door. Apparently you buy the inserts extra and the come in clear, smoke and blackout - which are just vinyl/plastic panels that velcro to the door.

Other than be super disappointed about not being told this in advance and the dealership not knowing to educate me prior to buying, does anyone have any experience in ordering these panels? I'm about to call Lippert back again and thought I'd look for any feedback on what to ask for and/or get.
Beach Cart XL
GlampinLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 03:24 PM   #2

According to Lippert's web-site it sure looks like everything is included.

Three shade settings: full light, UV protection and full privacy
Screen panels included for open air option
95.75''-wide entry area when door is fully open
When closed, garage is sealed off, keeping garage area cool while using air conditioning
Designed for easy installation; modular components adjust to account for walls that may be out of square or not parallel
Heavy-duty frame construction for durability
Old 04-03-2017, 04:36 PM   #3

I thought the exact same thing, that everything was included. Otherwise what's the point of a sliding doors with screens - the 5th wheel comes with a pull down screen. The point of the Three Seasons Door is so you can use the party deck spring, summer and fall and not lose your a/c or heat.

So when I questioned it to the dealership, they said they bought it from Grand Design and didn't even know much about it. They called around and they told me the panels were extra.

If you look at the documentation on Lippert's website they have panels and kits, not sure the difference. I called the other day to verify the story I got from the dealership and the customer service lady didn't know at Lippert so she asked and came back and said the panels were not included.

So I wanted to ask around before I called back to question what their website says, cause to me it's pretty misleading - wanted to make sure others saw it the same way.
Beach Cart XL
Old 04-03-2017, 04:50 PM   #4

It takes a bit of searching on Google, because Lipperts website is full of 404 broken links.

http://www.lci1.com/assets/content/s..._Component.pdf

page 3 lists kits and then the individual panels
Beach Cart XL
Old 04-03-2017, 06:54 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlampinLife View Post
It takes a bit of searching on Google, because Lipperts website is full of 404 broken links.

page 3 lists kits and then the individual panels

Thanks. We only got a set of tinted with our 2016. I was looking for something to cover the wall at night for sleeping so we didn't have to raise the door and dismantle the deck ramp door. The have a privacy kit.

I just have to figure out which size door I have. Any idea what SOR is in the 85.5" size?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
P25ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 07:10 PM   #6

I measured the 4 doors on ours tonight and it looked like velcro panels are would roughly be 81 3/4" height by 18 3/4" width

I'm going to call Lippert tomorrow morning to get more details and will post what I find out.

All the PDF's I was able to find:

http://www.lci1.com/assets/content/s...ll_Manual1.pdf

http://www.lci1.com/assets/content/s...r_Assembly.pdf
Beach Cart XL
Old 04-03-2017, 07:13 PM   #7

Just as an FYI if you know anyone handy with a sewing machine it's just vinyl sheets cu to fit and Velcro sewn around the edges. I was going to get some black plastic panels cut it to size and glue Velcro around the edges for privacy panels.

Definitely post what you find out. If they're not outrageous I'll order a set of privacy.

Old 04-03-2017, 07:15 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by P25ct View Post
Thanks. We only got a set of tinted with our 2016. I was looking for something to cover the wall at night for sleeping so we didn't have to raise the door and dismantle the deck ramp door. The have a privacy kit.

I just have to figure out which size door I have. Any idea what SOR is in the 85.5" size?

I have no idea what SOR stands for, I was wondering the same thing.

Was the tinted velcro panel's not enough to block the outside temp?

I was shocked when I saw it installed, I had no idea they were going to be screen doors, totally defeats the purpose to use unless you can block the outside temps, so hopefully these inserts they sell will accomplish that. I was a bit disappointed to say the least.
Beach Cart XL
Old 04-03-2017, 07:19 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by P25ct View Post
Just as an FYI if you know anyone handy with a sewing machine it's just vinyl sheets cu to fit and Velcro sewn around the edges. I was going to get some black plastic panels cut it to size and glue Velcro around the edges for privacy panels.

Definitely post what you find out. If they're not outrageous I'll order a set of privacy.

Our dealership that installed it first quoted $77 for the panels and then said it was going to be over $200 but they didn't seem to know much about this product, which again was a bit disappointing since they sell them in the units they have on their lot.

I'll get as much info as I can from Lippert tomorrow and will post here. If there's not a convincing reason to use their inserts, I may just make my own, either out of vinyl/plastic or something else. I don't really care about being able to see through them at this point, I just want to be able to keep my party deck down and still use the garage for a bedroom in the summer when it's hot outside.
Beach Cart XL
Old 04-05-2017, 09:22 AM   #10

Ok so here's the info I got from Lippert - looking at Page 3 on this PDF: http://www.lci1.com/assets/content/s..._Component.pdf

The kit is all 4 panels and comes in 2 height depending on your door size. That measurement is the size of the panel that velcros into the inside of the door, so just measure height from top of velcro strip to bottom of velcro strip.

I did not get pricing on the individual panel, but she said those were more expensive to be individually than if you needed all 4 (the kit version). Pricing for the kits were as follows:

Privacy: $143.88
Tinted: $111.85
Clear: $145.95

I ordered the Tinted to see how dark they turn out to be, I think they may be dark enough for what I need.
Beach Cart XL
Old 04-05-2017, 06:19 PM   #11

Perfect thanks! I'll order a set of privacy. The tinted do a great job. They insulate well. If it's 30 out obviously you're going to have issues but in the summer it cuts down the heat and keeps he cold air in. At night you can see right in through the tinted. That's why we're getting the privacy. Thanks again!

Old 04-05-2017, 06:31 PM   #12

Glad this info helps! She told me it would be a 7 day lead time to ship, so I expect to have them in a few weeks. I'm going to do a review video of the door, installation and to help share some information that's not very obvious on their website.

I'm thinking about using black fabric to let down for complete privacy but most of the time we use it, we'll be in a spot people won't be behind the garage to see in.

Now if I can find a way to only raise and lower the top bed and be able to keep the bottom bed/bench down, I'll be set
Beach Cart XL
Old 04-06-2017, 06:50 PM   #13

Our Seismic 4250 came with the tinted 3 season doors installed. Living in Texas I have not tested them in real cold weather but they do work well in the Texas heat. When you come in at night you do not notice that you can see through them from the out side. The pull down window shades are the same. With the inside lights on you can't see out but every one outside can see in...........So to every one who has seen more of us than they might have wanted to, we apologize..........
Husky911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 07:09 PM   #14

hahahahaha I figure with the 2 beds down, bottom as the table - you won't be able to see much, plus our 6 and 10 year old daughters get dressed in our bedroom. So the most you'd be able to see is people walking around in the garage. I was going to start looking for some long shades that we can pull down if we need privacy, or a solid material that we can hang to cover the windows as needed.
Beach Cart XL
Old 04-06-2017, 08:24 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlampinLife View Post
hahahahaha I figure with the 2 beds down, bottom as the table - you won't be able to see much, plus our 6 and 10 year old daughters get dressed in our bedroom. So the most you'd be able to see is people walking around in the garage. I was going to start looking for some long shades that we can pull down if we need privacy, or a solid material that we can hang to cover the windows as needed.

No no. You can see it ALL. People love to walk by and gawk with the interest of the deck etc. Hence why I'm getting the privacy panels for evening and night.

I was going to do a long curtain rod with blackout curtains but they would just get in the way of loading and screw with the operation of the beds.

Old 04-07-2017, 07:02 AM   #16

Well I must say I'm very impressed with Lippert. They had said it could be a 7 day lead time for the panels to ship, but they shipped yesterday and are being delivered today, got a notification of delivery from UPS this morning.
Beach Cart XL
Old 04-03-2020, 06:09 PM   #17

Do you have a part number for the doors?
fdny136 is offline   Reply With Quote