Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-20-2020, 08:41 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Perris
Posts: 8
Loose plugs behind storage wall

Was checking the furnace ducting today behind the pass through storage wall on our Ď17 seismic wave 355w. I noticed 2 loose black cords that are unplugged just wrapped up in the looms that seem to come from the underbelly. The looked like standard household plugs with no ground prong. Any idea what they go to?
__________________

__________________
2017 Jayco Seismic Wave 355w
Sailun tires with flipped axles.
2019 F350 6.7 SRW FX4
Airlift 2500 air bags, Readylift 2.5Ē coils, Icon shocks, B&W companion puck
SocalSeismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 09:16 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Jagiven's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 5,580
Wiring for an option you do not have.

If no one chimes in
Contact Jayco with your vin number, and ask for the 12v wiring diagram.
__________________

Jagiven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 10:53 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
 
Rustic Eagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,333
Plugs for the electric holding tank pads..., or heated fresh water line wrap??

Bob
__________________

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 12:12 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
BeachRetreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Davenport
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustic Eagle View Post
Plugs for the electric holding tank pads..., or heated fresh water line wrap??



Bob
This would be my guess. It's there an outlet near by without anything plugged in? Do you have a switch for heated tanks?

I have 4 of these for my heated tanks in the 4114. And a switch. It wasn't until I tried to use the outlet for a trouble light that I found the switch wasn't working. It would be a regular 12v switch and there's likely a metal box near the controlled set of outlets.
__________________
2017 Seismic 4114
2016 Chevrolet 3500 CC, DD DRW
1 Wife, 2 Kids under 12


Camping nights: 2019 - Too many to count, 2020 - 3
BeachRetreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 04:12 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Perris
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachRetreat View Post
This would be my guess. It's there an outlet near by without anything plugged in? Do you have a switch for heated tanks?

I have 4 of these for my heated tanks in the 4114. And a switch. It wasn't until I tried to use the outlet for a trouble light that I found the switch wasn't working. It would be a regular 12v switch and there's likely a metal box near the controlled set of outlets.
yes theres are 2 pairs of unused outlets nearby. and we do have a heated tank switch at the control panel. iíll have to see if thatís what the outlets are for.
thanks for the info!
__________________
2017 Jayco Seismic Wave 355w
Sailun tires with flipped axles.
2019 F350 6.7 SRW FX4
Airlift 2500 air bags, Readylift 2.5Ē coils, Icon shocks, B&W companion puck
SocalSeismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 02:56 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
BeachRetreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Davenport
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by SocalSeismic View Post
yes theres are 2 pairs of unused outlets nearby. and we do have a heated tank switch at the control panel. iíll have to see if thatís what the outlets are for.

thanks for the info!
Plug a light into each outlet and see if the switch will turn it off and on. I'd so, that's where your plugs belong.
__________________

__________________
2017 Seismic 4114
2016 Chevrolet 3500 CC, DD DRW
1 Wife, 2 Kids under 12


Camping nights: 2019 - Too many to count, 2020 - 3
BeachRetreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Jayco, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.
×