Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-13-2020, 07:33 AM   #1

Lower Bed Support Leg in Garage

I HAVE 2019 Octane Super Lite 273 and the Two fold up sitting area's in the garage area when folded down have one support leg each to support the weight of a person laying on bed. I have noticed these two legs are very flimsy and tend to not stand up straight. Has anyone changed these legs to something that does a better job of supporting the bed weight on the seat backs when folded down?
They are also digging into my floor vinyl and leaving imprints.
Milton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 09:23 AM   #2

They don't inspire confidence but they will support the weight intended when in the proper down position. I usually place a coaster or piece of cardboard under mine to save the floor.

2019 SuperDuty CCSB 6.2 Gasser 4X4
2019 Jayco Octane 222 SL
2016 HD Dyna S and 2019 HD Softail Slim
AmericanBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 05:15 PM   #3

I have a Talon and Jayco neglected to install the legs correctly (not enough of them). They corrected the problem under warranty.
The Lippert web site for the legs is https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd-0002704.pdf
Bend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 05:49 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bend View Post
I have a Talon and Jayco neglected to install the legs correctly (not enough of them). They corrected the problem under warranty.
The Lippert web site for the legs is https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd-0002704.pdf
Just curious how many legs did they install Original vs how many are on it after repair?
Karlburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 04:10 PM   #5

I had one on each seat back and they added two on each seat bottom.
Bend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 10:26 AM   #6

Yep, call Lippert and there is a bulletin on the Happyjack bed for the additional two legs to be installed on the lower seat portion. They have sent me 4 legs, of course with no mounting hardware, I will get some self tapping screws and install.
Old 09-03-2020, 02:04 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton View Post
Yep, call Lippert and there is a bulletin on the Happyjack bed for the additional two legs to be installed on the lower seat portion. They have sent me 4 legs, of course with no mounting hardware, I will get some self tapping screws and install.
They sent them to you at no cost? If so what department did you speak with and do you know the bulletin number? I ordered four and installed them but it cost me $200 to do so.
Old 09-03-2020, 02:30 PM   #8

I had to order and pay for mine too.
atlantaM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 05:36 AM   #9

Smile happy jack leg supports

The document number is TI-322 and it is posted on the Happyjac site as well as Lippert's document support site.

I called 574-537-8900 and spoke with Andrea Ritsema. She was not familiar with this document but did send me four legs at no charge. Part number 351529.

Let me know if you need anything further.

Stress this is a safety concern.

Hope this helps.

I have attached a copy of the document.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 202009040654.pdf (824.2 KB, 27 views)
Old 09-04-2020, 09:54 AM   #10

FYI: I made the same call yesterday for my 2018 T30F that I purchased this past Feb. The person at Lippert was very helpful, BUT if you are not the original owner (as is in my case) you will have to purchase them from Lippert. They are $33.95 ea. currently.
AZMarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 11:14 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZMarine View Post
FYI: I made the same call yesterday for my 2018 T30F that I purchased this past Feb. The person at Lippert was very helpful, BUT if you are not the original owner (as is in my case) you will have to purchase them from Lippert. They are $33.95 ea. currently.
Love cheap companies like that. It’s a safety concern, but only to the first owner.. Especially when we are talking about a ft of 1” thin wall square tubing and 4” flat metal.
Old 09-08-2020, 08:01 AM   #12

Lippert, the first word in RV heartaches...
1HasBeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 04:59 PM   #13

called lippert, they were useless, sent an email to jayco, will see what happens.
parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 05:13 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by parallax View Post
called lippert, they were useless, sent an email to jayco, will see what happens.
Good luck with that. I sent several emails asking for contact information for an executive. Same agent responded every time just saying no over and over. Refused to escalate my complaint.
Old 09-28-2020, 01:37 PM   #15

Got an email back from Jayco, they said its lipperts responsibilty, they dont know anything about the legs, and they dont sell to the public. ( not sure what that means. )
parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 01:25 PM   #16

Wow, it is hard to believe sometimes how the different manufactures play off each other when it comes to taking care of the customer, end user. The product is built by Jayco, warranty by Jayco but the various vendors that are used for production items is always the escape goat so to speak. Lippert supplies a long list of items for Jayco campers so it is surprising that they are not willing to help. I had the same issue with Jayco and was told to call Lippert because it was their issue and I was lucky enough to get a rep that was willing to help.
There is a tech bulletin out there and it is funny how Jayco and even Lippert did not seem to be aware of it. I had to email it to the Lippert rep that helped me.
Old 09-30-2020, 02:41 PM   #17

Warranty

I had mine reattached at the dealer under warranty. I think they must have screwed them to the frame of the bench somehow. They are really secure and solid now!
Greg Blakeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 12:36 PM   #18

my 2018 273 has a light strip installed at the edge. Assume I'd have to remove that first before installing a leg?
vmaxdlx is offline   Reply With Quote