Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-11-2024, 12:47 PM   #1

MORryde Independent Suspension

Just got home yesterday from the 1550 mile round trip from Garner, NC to Elkhart, Indiana. The new 8K MORryde Independent Suspension is installed and working great.

We arrived at MORryde around noon Wednesday. Work was scheduled to begin 6:00am Thursday morning but they needed to get my measurements done in advance to know exactly what they wanted to do.

According to my CAT scale readings, we're around 16,500 lbs empty and the pin weighs just under 3600 lbs. MORryde said the highest point was 13'3". Even though I have my hitch set as low as possible and my GenY kingpin set as close to the camper as possible, I was still almost 7" of clearance between the camper and the truck bed rails.

By Friday noon, everything was done. The I/S was installed and the alignment was done. Since we had this done in February, MORryde was offering a free MORryde accessory. So I had them install the slide out tray in that short compartment. Now I keep my power cord, water hose, wheel chocks, etc in there and I love it. It's a tight fit but everything I need to set up is right there ready to be extended out when we arrive at any campground.

The ride home was nice. It's hard to say exactly how much improvement the I/S did but all that shock transferred to the truck from the camper was virtually gone whenever we rode over bridges and other bumps in the road. I'm quite confident everything inside the Seismic is much smoother now.

Since we already had Dexter disc brakes installed at the factory, we only bought the I/S. It came to around $9600. That included some new nuts and bolts for re-installing the brake system. I preferred that versus reusing used parts.

The new height is now a hair under 13'6". The camper sits perfectly level and my bed clearance is now 6.5".

A long week of hard driving and I'm excited to have this done. I think it's going to turn out to be a worthwhile investment.
KFX450RXC is offline   Reply With Quote