Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-18-2020, 06:28 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_D View Post
My Harley is exactly eight feet long and I'm going to need every inch. Eight feet plus the chock isn't going to work.
Perhaps it's time to "upgrade" to that BMW you've always wanted. Just kidding!!

Well, you will figure something out, perhaps you can install a couple of wooden uprights on the front wall that the front wheel fits into, since you have such a tight space to work with. If your wall is sturdy enough? And then strap things down. Or some sort of diagonal setup.. Just thinking out loud here..

Best of luck, you will figure something out. Post it here when you do.
Riich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 02:32 PM   #22

Mounted my Harbor Freight chock today. Used these wood inserts I got off ebay. Very clean and flush to the floor. 4 of them seem to hold the chock very tight. Wife won't even know they are there. lol. Have yet to put the Bike in...
Attached Thumbnails
20200519_152117.jpg   20200519_152208.jpg   20200519_152223.jpg   20200519_152445.jpg  
Dbunke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 09:42 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Roy View Post
I am in the market for a toy hauler soon so naturally I started thinking about tying down our 2 motorcycles. I really don’t want to compress the forks with tie downs if I don’t have to so wheel chocks are an option. However, I do not want to install anything in the garage floor because it will be living space once the bikes are unloaded. Thinking about maybe welding or u bolting a quality chock like a condor to a bar that can then be tied down with j-bolts to the d rings. Anybody have any other ideas?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016Z01AAC...v_ov_lig_dp_it

These work very well.
2017 HD Street Glide Special
slippin_jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 10:23 AM   #24

Do you leave the two front plastic supports on chock under the rings when mounted to floor or remove them so wheel chock sits totally flat to floor. I have this same wheel chock and like the way you made use of the existing d-rings in center of floor.
Thanks,
Milton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 11:00 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton View Post
Do you leave the two front plastic supports on chock under the rings when mounted to floor or remove them so wheel chock sits totally flat to floor. I have this same wheel chock and like the way you made use of the existing d-rings in center of floor.
Thanks,
I took the plastic puck supports off. Chock is flat and tight to the floor.
Old 05-26-2020, 08:41 AM   #26

did you remove the two "pads" that are screwed into the bottom where the eye hooks are before mounting to floor?
Milton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 06:12 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton View Post
did you remove the two "pads" that are screwed into the bottom where the eye hooks are before mounting to floor?
Yep, removed them.
Old 05-11-2023, 10:57 AM   #28

Measure where you think any hardware needs to be then crawl under to make sure the tanks are not in the way. I have a long bike and tanks prevent me from easily placing an underside plate
Cass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 04:32 PM   #29

Cass,

I know you are reading old threads, very cool, but this thread is three years old and the original poster hasn't been back to the Forum since August of 2020 and will most likely not see your answer.

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 06:12 AM   #30
job

i have a Heritage Softail and I use the Bolt-it-on system. It uses the d-rings in your floor and is easily removable. I bought as second mount for a second bike I have never used it. Depending on how you tie down your bikes you get some compression but I never leave them tied down for a long time so have never worried about it. https://boltiton.com

Boyd
2023 Jayco Seismic 395
job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 06:29 AM   #31
job

T-Roy, I have been using a Bolt it On (https://boltiton.com) system for about 10 years and it works great for me. i have a Heritage Softail classic and bought a second mount for another bike but I have never used it. They have offset components so you can put multiple bikes with fairings next to each other. You could be limited by the size of your garage (wrt stagger) but I haven't had a problem and my old toy hauler had a 10' garage. These use your existing d-rings so everything is easy to remove to keep your floor clean when not in use.

Regards,

Boyd
2023 Jayco Seismic 395
job is offline   Reply With Quote