Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-06-2020, 12:26 PM   #1

Motorcycle Wheel chock mounting

I have a 2019 Octane 273 and will be mounting a motorcycle wheel chock in the garage/Den area that I can remove once the bike is removed. Just wondering what others have used to mount their chocks so it could be removed easily and re-installed for travel but yet not leave something exposed in the floor to trip over.
Milton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 03:15 PM   #2

I was looking for the same for my '18 Octane T30F. I used a "Pingel" in my 6 x 10 enclosed trailer for my Dyna WideGlide, then RoadGlide Ultra for 18 "+" years, worked very well, is removable, but the two small mount lock points remain in the floor. Drawback is you will have to secure the mount lock points & the retention screw nut through the floor. Here is a link for them < PINGEL® - Removable Wheel Chocks and Hardware >. These are fairly inexpensive & work very well.

My T30F though has insulated /enclosed bottom & I really do not want to pull all that apart. So the other I found, that has no drilling & is completely removable is the "No Drill Black Widow" one at this link < https://www.discountramps.com/motorc.../BW-PRO-CHOCK/ >. Looks like it would work, as the chock is only to hold up / steady the bike until you strap it down. Also, I ALWAYS use 4 strips (1 per corner of bike) when securing in a trailer. This has proven its self time and again when I have had to make a few emergency stops with the trailer due to idiots in front of me, or the rough roads. Nothing moves, when secured on all 4 points.
AZMarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 05:28 AM   #3

Thank you very much, I like the Black Widow stand.
Old 05-07-2020, 06:01 AM   #4

I have the Harley Davidson cruiser cradle (same as Condor Pitstop) and I bolted a 6' section of aluminum angle iron to it for stability and it just sits in the Octane 222 beautifully. The two chains connect to the Dlinks in the floor since the cradle needs to be forward from the Dlinks.

A couple of additional straps and this contraption isn't going anywhere. Easily removed or stood up and stored against the rear door.

Riich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 06:03 AM   #5

thanks
Old 05-07-2020, 08:27 AM   #6

I put eye bolts in the wheel chock and made cables up to attach to the floor mounted D rings. On one end are turnbuckles and chain tighteners for simple adjustment. Easy removal and set up.
Attached Thumbnails
Wheel Chock.jpg  
Old 05-12-2020, 06:39 AM   #7

When I added the wheel chocks to my SL161 I took two pins through the floor near the wheel wells. Then made took a 3/4 inch piece of plywood and mounted the chocks to the board. The pins go through the board and secure it from moving and I have access to the d-rings in the floor. When I get to the track I pull the board out and there is nothing to trip over.
Old 05-12-2020, 06:46 AM   #8

Thank you
Old 06-04-2020, 01:28 AM   #9

my build

the setup will hold to sport bikes and other add ons as well.
I did install two short pieces of E-track, just hook the J-hooks to the E-track and that's it.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0310.jpg   IMG_0575.jpg  
Laser204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 08:04 AM   #10

Harbor Freight wheel chocks that are not bolted down and 4 tie downs per bike. You can even put a bike backwards if you have rear fender clearance.

2019 SuperDuty CCSB 6.2 Gasser 4X4
2019 Jayco Octane 222 SL
2016 HD Dyna S and 2019 HD Softail Slim
AmericanBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 08:24 PM   #11

I ran chocks on a board that I strapped in. But after going with Pit Bull TRS there is no way I'd use anything else again. So clean and quick and secure. No Straps in the way at all....
supercraig1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 03:26 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton View Post
I have a 2019 Octane 273 and will be mounting a motorcycle wheel chock in the garage/Den area that I can remove once the bike is removed. Just wondering what others have used to mount their chocks so it could be removed easily and re-installed for travel but yet not leave something exposed in the floor to trip over.
I used hollow wall anchors. I wanted to be able to have something fairly permanent, but be able to pull the Condor Chocks when I didn't need them in the camper. I have the same trailer as you. Actually works pretty awesome and easy to take out the four screws. Easy install as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Hollow wall anchor.JPG  
Srfink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 10:51 AM   #13
Kmo

Biker Bar

I used existing tie downs, removed them and welded 1/2" nuts into the centre and then drilled the biker bar to match, two bolts and done, easy to remove and you just drive in no strapping involved will post some pictures when I get home to the camper.
Kmo is offline   Reply With Quote