Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-31-2019, 02:27 PM   #1

New 2018 Talon 313T

Hey guys we just purchased our first 5th wheel and we are excited to use it.

Is there anyone who has the same camper or a 18 Talon, how do you like them and what likes and dislikes do you have?

Thanks guys in advance!
Reineduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 12:01 AM   #2

We have the same unit and love it. Had some minor problems up front but they were corrected under warranty by our dealer. Hereís my issues:

If you have the Sanicon system, check the hose compartment for screws. Our had a screw that held the skirting sticking in it.

Check the wiring of the slide motor above the drivers side rear tire. Ours was only taped to the bottom of the trailer and fell down to rub on the tire.

Check all the propane connections to make sure they are tight.

Well, a big one. Check the brakes af the end of the year we. Ours and others had the pads break down and the replaced them all. If your brakes sound like sandpaper when applied, you have problems.

Good luck with the trailer.
Ugeesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 06:20 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugeesta View Post
We have the same unit and love it. Had some minor problems up front but they were corrected under warranty by our dealer. Hereís my issues:

If you have the Sanicon system, check the hose compartment for screws. Our had a screw that held the skirting sticking in it.

Check the wiring of the slide motor above the drivers side rear tire. Ours was only taped to the bottom of the trailer and fell down to rub on the tire.

Check all the propane connections to make sure they are tight.

Well, a big one. Check the brakes af the end of the year we. Ours and others had the pads break down and the replaced them all. If your brakes sound like sandpaper when applied, you have problems.

Good luck with the trailer.
Thanks for the reply! We are super excited to go camping in our new camper. I have been reading other peopleís threads about these campers and it kind of has me worried. I have read so many stories and issues with these jaycos. I pray mine isnít one of the problems. Our previous camper was a cheaper low level starter camper and we didnít have near as many problems as other have had with these. With that said, I know you will always have a few campers that are just lemons.
Old 08-01-2019, 06:43 PM   #4

We have the 413 t. Love it! Had sum minor issues. But all have been corrected. Biggest was the rear black tank discharge wasnt glued. So it started to dump in the underbelly. I stopped when I heard it. They cleaned and fixed. Nothing so far to prevent from using thou. I've posted about everything on here. So easy to go see on this site.
Oh!, u need to drop all ur ac vents and tape them up! It's worth the hour or so of ur time to fix urself. It's a big deal with "most" campers nee and old.
Brooksb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 07:36 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooksb View Post
We have the 413 t. Love it! Had sum minor issues. But all have been corrected. Biggest was the rear black tank discharge wasnt glued. So it started to dump in the underbelly. I stopped when I heard it. They cleaned and fixed. Nothing so far to prevent from using thou. I've posted about everything on here. So easy to go see on this site.
Oh!, u need to drop all ur ac vents and tape them up! It's worth the hour or so of ur time to fix urself. It's a big deal with "most" campers nee and old.
Thanks for the reply, why would I need to tape up the vents?
Old 08-02-2019, 06:21 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reineduro View Post
Thanks for the reply, why would I need to tape up the vents?
Because ur losing a ton of cold air up in the ceiling. they just cut a hole and place a vent in it. U will find high gaps up there. Tape cost about $7. And u will spend an hour or so taping the gap. Hint, take the upper black piece off ur vent after taping up. It will fit better. They don't drill very straight!
Brooksb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 08:41 PM   #7

Enjoy your 2018 Talon 313T.
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote