Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-15-2021, 11:40 PM   #1

New 2020 Jayco Seismic 4113 Buyer beware

My wife and I purchased a 2020 Jayco Seismic 4113 a year-and-a-half ago thinking Jayco was a good reputable brand as we had heard all so many times before let's just say that that has not proven to be the case thus far not once have I been overweight and yet I have gone through three axles and recently busted a hanger bracket do to it being welded on to hot from the manufacturer/ installer and believe it or not that's not even the start of it. It wasn't until 2 months ago when my transfer switch went out. Well troubleshooting and following Shore power under the rig I noticed 2 of my 3 axles we're never hooked up for electric braking! Meanwhile I have traveled from Arizona to West Virginia on my first family road trip before realizing that they were never hooked up from the factory! So for anyone looking into the 2020 or 2021 Jayco triple axles keep in mind they use 3 x 5700 lb axles the only thing that makes them 7000 pound axles is the hubs are upgraded and yet they have fifth wheel hitch rated for 21000 pounds and the dry weight of the unit is 16,756 lbs and can carry approximately 3939 lb of cargo however if that's the case they can someone please tell me why I'm approx 1000 lbs under Max weight and have gone through now 3 axles? Upon research I realize that there are over 184 other individuals going through the same thing with their new units very unfortunate Jayco meanwhile I've been waiting in a parking lot for over a month and a half to get two of my three axles replaced by Dexter who has denied my claim meanwhile it seems Jayco as well as Lippert seem to be taking their time I've tried to speak with them and even offered to pay the difference between a 7,000 lb axle and 8000 lb axle and they refused apparently they want bent axles poor quality and dangerous driving conditions for their consumers I would not recommend Jayco to anyone anymore. Hopefully they will do another axle recall as they have done before accept responsibility and fix the problem the right way before it harms any one else but if they will not do it of their own volition this is where the buck stops so to speak I will not drive myself nor my family around thousands of miles and jeopardize the lives of people I care about and love to save these corporations a few dollars off their bottom line and the inconvenience of having to fix their mistakes so buyer beware you could be very well investing in a mobile deathtrap please do your due diligence before you purchase and be safe
C maurice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 05:40 AM   #2

Now that it's all fixed up you could likely sell it for what you paid (in this current market)... that is, if you wanted to unload it. You could then find another camper and start over. Hopefully pain free.
PullRite #4452 OE Adapter & #2700 SuperGlide Hitch
Stan&Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 07:19 PM   #3

first year for mine was also painful - spent about 14 of the first 18 months in an out of service, generally for poorly performed warranty work.

Once the issues were sorted out, it has been a good unit. that said, seems I need to go look at my axles...
atlantaM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 02:43 PM   #4

I agree, sidewall crack for us and numerous hydraulic leveler blowouts.

Time to check the axles, once it gets back from the dealer.

h3is3m2n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 12:11 PM   #5
Kmo

Did you do a wet kit on your axles.
Kmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 01:08 PM   #6

I have everything for the wet kit and stabilizers. In for winter service and warranty work. First camping trip end of March.

h3is3m2n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 01:31 PM   #7
Kmo

I made my own shackle kit for the one side when it failed then found the wet kit, so ordered it up, did one side then got too cold so I will do the other side once it warms up, this thing is three inches too tall to fit in my shop so next year I will pull the air conditioners off.
Old 01-26-2023, 10:29 AM   #8

What is a wet kit? I have a 2020 4113. No axel problems so far. Is this something I should be doing?
brentalight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 10:40 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentalight View Post
What is a wet kit? I have a 2020 4113. No axel problems so far. Is this something I should be doing?
It replaces the standard shackle bolts with ones you can grease.

Dexter, Mor Ryde and Lippert have them available depending on which axles you have.
Old 01-30-2023, 03:42 PM   #10
Kmo

slide

Just wait till you start having slide issues, I finally got rid of my Seismic and bought a Monoco motorhome.